Thread: Are playbooks considered "classified" material?

Are playbooks considered "classified" material?

I wonder if some players are allowed to take playbooks home. I can't imagine the organization allowing that to happened; I am sure these are treated as classified material. Any idea how teams control playbooks from been copied or stolen?

Undrafted Free Agent
    One of my friend's dad cleaned out Braylon Edwards' old house in Jersey a few months ago and found a playbook/gameplan in the house.

Brought it home and my friend showed me. It was the gameplan for the New England playoff game and was about 250 pages thick. You can't imagine the amount of detail that goes into it.

Inside one of the pages was a full page of notes, back and front, with handwritten notes from Edwards about different coverages, matchups, etc.

Very cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by B Smith 16 View Post
    One of my friend's dad cleaned out Braylon Edwards' old house in Jersey a few months ago and found a playbook/gameplan in the house.

Brought it home and my friend showed me. It was the gameplan for the New England playoff game and was about 250 pages thick. You can't imagine the amount of detail that goes into it.

Inside one of the pages was a full page of notes, back and front, with handwritten notes from Edwards about different coverages, matchups, etc.

Very cool stuff.
    I can't believe this information is just out there, unreal!

All Pro
    Yes they are classified, but not like government secrets. There's no death penalty involved or anything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yes they are classified, but not like government secrets. There's no death penalty involved or anything.
    Not on your team maybe. That Rex is so loosey goosey.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I guess it is okay as long as it's kept "in-house", i.e., janitors, waterboys, etc.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by B Smith 16 View Post
    One of my friend's dad cleaned out Braylon Edwards' old house in Jersey a few months ago and found a playbook/gameplan in the house..

Thats why he is a 49er now.