Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at the Pats schedule and I think they have a chance to go 16-0

Looking at the Pats schedule and I think they have a chance to go 16-0

With the new addition of Ocho and that animal Haynesworth the Skip Bayless favored Patriots look like the team to beat right now. Now add Shaun Ellis to the mix and their genius defensive guru of a coach now forming a hybrid defense that will be 4-3 and a 3-4 and no one stands a chance. Tom Brady although 0-2 in home playoff games in his last 2 years will bounce back and make up for the 19-0 season that wasn't. I predict the 2nd best pick up of the off-season Ocho gets 14 TD's this year, #1 pick up Haynesworth gets 10 sacks before sitting out the last 5 games to rest for the playoff's and I predict they'll win the entire AFC #1 seed by week 12.

Patriot fans almost had me but now ESPN has me convinced. All of this and 1 pre season game hasn't even been played! What were those famous Bart Scott words he yelled?

Hall Of Fame
    lol get you tshirt orders in early...

i detect a note of sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    With the new addition of Ocho and that animal Haynesworth the Skip Bayless favored Patriots look like the team to beat right now. Now add Shaun Ellis to the mix and their genius defensive guru of a coach now forming a hybrid defense that will be 4-3 and a 3-4 and no one stands a chance. Tom Brady although 0-2 in home playoff games in his last 2 years will bounce back and make up for the 19-0 season that wasn't. I predict the 2nd best pick up of the off-season Ocho gets 14 TD's this year, #1 pick up Haynesworth gets 10 sacks before sitting out the last 5 games to rest for the playoff's and I predict they'll win the entire AFC #1 seed by week 12.

Patriot fans almost had me but now ESPN has me convinced. All of this and 1 pre season game hasn't even been played! What were those famous Bart Scott words he yelled?

All League

All Pro
    the patriots signed about 10 defensive linemen over the age of 65. And ESPN said that all of them are impactful signings.

All Pro
    I agree, 19 - 0 I just put my money where my mouth is.

Practice Squad
    The pats used to have an aura around them, like they were untouchable and didn't make mistakes. ESPN doesn't want to acknowledge that aura is gone. These signings just show that beli is panicking.. and that he can't draft for S***

cant wait for beli - brady era to be over, and the pats turn into the bengals or some sort of defunct organization

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    the patriots signed about 10 defensive linemen over the age of 65. And ESPN said that all of them are impactful signings.
    It's Beli's new formation - 10 down linemen, 1 safety. SACK THAT QB!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... eagles may have a chance against them in the superbowl ...

l_j_r

Why do we care so much about what ESPN thinks? ESPN has proven to be fraudulent when it comes to matters of sports information. ESPN is flat out terrible. It has so few, if any, credible sports analyst. Most of ESPNs commentators are so over the top arrogant that they are unlistenable. Steven A Smith, Chris Carter, Boomer, John Kruk, Tom Jackson, Mike Golic, Mark Schlereth, Stuart Scott, the list just goes on and on. Did we not learn from the former respected (lol) Tom Jackson who admitted that ESPN has its analyst make controversial statements just to get fans worked up like he did last year before our win against the Patriots? I have so little respect for ESPN, a station I used to love but sold itself out. Tom Jackson coward like a child after Bart Scott yelled at him on national TV. What a joke. We are concerned because Skip Bayless said something negative about the JETS? We are better than this.............

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Why do we care so much about what ESPN thinks? ESPN has proven to be fraudulent when it comes to matters of sports information. ESPN is flat out terrible. It has so few, if any, credible sports analyst. Most of ESPNs commentators are so over the top arrogant that they are unlistenable. Steven A Smith, Chris Carter, Boomer, John Kruk, Tom Jackson, Mike Golic, Mark Schlereth, Stuart Scott, the list just goes on and on. Did we not learn from the former respected (lol) Tom Jackson who admitted that ESPN has its analyst make controversial statements just to get fans worked up like he did last year before our win against the Patriots? I have so little respect for ESPN, a station I used to love but sold itself out. Tom Jackson coward like a child after Bart Scott yelled at him on national TV. What a joke. We are concerned because Skip Bayless said something negative about the JETS? We are better than this.............
    This!

All Pro
    I can't wait to see the Pats crash and burn and heres when it will happen:

Sunday Nov 13th 2011, Pats vs Jets at the New Meadowlands in Primetime. Both Teams will have good records coming in and this game will decide the division. THE PATS DO NOT BEAT US AT HOME!!!!!!! This will end the Belicheck/Brady era and begin the Ryan/Sanchez era as the dominant team in the AFC East

Remember last year, both teams were 9-2 we walked into foxboro and got out asses handed to us. I'm not saying we beat them 45-3, but I LOVE the fact that we play the Pats late in the season at HOME compared to last year when we played the Pats late in the season in Foxboro and we both had 9-2 records.

The Eagles and the Pats are too overhyped in the preseason, which means they will crash and burn before reaching Lombardi's trophy. Usually a team on the lower side of the top 10 emerges during the season and wins it all.

Anyone have any guesses who this team could be?

Get ready because here comes the Jets!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    The pats used to have an aura around them, like they were untouchable and didn't make mistakes. ESPN doesn't want to acknowledge that aura is gone. These signings just show that beli is panicking.. and that he can't draft for S***

cant wait for beli - brady era to be over, and the pats turn into the bengals or some sort of defunct organization
    THIS +1

if this signing of 5 DL who are over the hill and will be collecting social security soon (yes this includes our beloved Big Kat) + an old Ochocinco + Lineman who jus doesn't give a F*** in Al Haynesworth isn't a sign of panic and desperation then I don't know what is. The Belichieck/Brady era is ending....soon than some think....

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    This!
    Thanks BP. I am so upset with what ESPN has turned into. Glorifying everything that is wrong with sports. There are no intelligent discussions about sports. Its all about who can yell the loudest. Just a terrible sports network that caters to uneducated sports fans. In one breathe they will report on a serious sports injury and the next the are yelling "Jack you up" glorifying an illegal hit in football. Fans wonder why players don't tackle the correct way anymore? Maybe its because it doesnt make ESPNs top plays of the week.

Hall Of Fame
    So I guess we just surrender now?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post

As many have already noted, I think you are the one who looks like a fool for caring enough to rant about the ESPN spin machine.

Veteran
    i wouldn't go to the other extreme either. new england was 14-2 last year. their defense is better this year, their schedule is easier and then there's tom brady.

you never know how a season will go, but would anyone be surprised if they had a better season this year than last? if the jets really go after the division they might have to go 16-0 to win it. lol.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Solid OP.

But I'd say 14-2, losing 2 games to the Jets. I just read a training camp report on the Jets and every single guy on their roster looks great.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=232274
    Last edited by FF2; 08-11-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    How come the Pats aren't allowed to try and improve their roster? The Pats had a lot of cap room and did what is natural - they used it. Some of their signings will work, some won't. And whether or not they have an aura to them, they are still the team to beat in the Division because they've won it basically every year in the past 10. And the fact that they were 14-2 last year - one of the weaker 14-2 teams I've seen, but still, that was their record and you gotta respect that.

But, that all don't mean **** once the games start. The Jets and Pats are a very nice, mostly equal rivalry right now, and that's a good thing.