Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there too much 9/11 coverage in sports

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    here i got one for you, its the most popular one you can download at www.US.gov: 9/11 happened because muslims hate the american way of life
    is your muslim comment serious???? if it is youre everything wrong with this country.

All Pro
    here i got one for you, its the most popular one you can download at www.US.gov: 9/11 happened because muslims hate the american way of life
    I don't really care why.

Hall Of Fame
    Not the day or the place for this.

Veteran
    Yes there is way too much of it in sports.

We all know what happened or what we're told happened.

It's 10 years.

unless you lost someone directly. It's time to get over it.

All this forced patriotism actually makes me want to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Not the day or the place for this.
    some people are disgusting and ignorant...actually people like the poster you quoted spewing ignorance are the exact reason why some radical groups hate this country...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    By definition, ad nauseum is too much.

No one who lived through it will forget it, regardless of how much it is brought up today.
    this. thats an event that will never, ever be forgotten as long as humans roam the earth. Don't hand me 12 inch flags and tell me to wave them at kid rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Achilles View Post
    Yes there is way too much of it in sports.

We all know what happened or what we're told happened.

It's 10 years.

unless you lost someone directly. It's time to get over it.

All this forced patriotism actually makes me want to puke.
    you may see it as forced and you can go ahead and "get over it".

this. thats an event that will never, ever be forgotten as long as humans roam the earth. Don't hand me 12 inch flags and tell me to wave them at kid rock.
    what an inconvenience...a 12 inch flag...rough life

how about those *****ing and moaning about coverage and 9/11 itself get a bit of gratitude

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    what an inconvenience...a 12 inch flag...rough life

how about those *****ing and moaning about coverage and 9/11 itself get a bit of gratitude
    im saying its like church..some people go and some people choose to honor in private....id be naive to think there wouldnt be celebrations for the 10 year anniversay of such a chaotic and disgusting day.

But I am def going through 9/11 fatigue...i already lived that day..i dont need to do it again. I made my peace with it.

Veteran
    Mods,

Please do not treat us like children,

Please keep this thread open and tolerate those who may have a differing opinion.

At least keep it open until the games start.

some people are disgusting and ignorant...actually people like the poster you quoted spewing ignorance are the exact reason why some radical groups hate this country...
    you should go to sarcasm school. you suck at it

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_G View Post
    I was just thinking about this as I drove my daughter to work. This is the first football Sunday of the new season and normally I listen to sports radio on my computer while I read the net but right now they are just playing sound bites from the first met game after 9/11. I know if I turn the TV on it will be wall to wall 9/11 tributes but that's OK, that is supposed to be what they air but I was looking for a distraction from this. Now before you call me insensitive, I lost a first cousin on 9/11 and I'm actually going to a 9/11 service where I live at 2:00 for an hour so I will be observing today, what I am asking is do we need this to be everywhere? Can't there be some sports channel that would give you the normal coverage? Do we have to be shown this tragic even from every imaginable angle? I just wanted to hear some real football talk. We will also be seeing tributes before each game. I think the people who are going to the games are going to see a football game tonight, they would have already seen a lot of 9/11 coverage before the game.
    Lastly, I think Rex really should STFU now. I didn't hear the quote but my wife said Rex made a statement that he thinks it's great the Jets are playing on 9/11 because all of NY will be focused on the Jets.
    Rex, it may take a while for you to get that giant foot out of your mouth if you really did say that.
    If it weren't the 10th anniversary, I would agree with you.

I am one of those who feel the media of today beats events to death (i.e. Hurricane Irene, NY earthquake..etc.) however this is a 10th anniversary of an absolutely tragic/historical event of a previously unimaginable proportion. I believe, especially in the morning when the events occurred, it is proper to have such heavy coverage.

Undrafted Free Agent
    its appalling to me that people are compaining about 9/11 coverage ON THE 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF 9/11.

I simply can't post in this thread anymore because it's embarrassing.
    As the original poster let me say this to you. I don't need continual tributes to remind me what happened on that day, I lived it. I don't need a speech before a game to remind me about the people and cars I saw covered in debris, the long line I stood in to buy a pair of sneakers for what I thought was going to be a very long walk home, seeing the long lines outside of hotels of people looking for an oasis away from the hysteria, and that my cousin Mark never came home to his wife and children. It is burned forever in my mind and I agree with the other poster, I will be happy when it's over.

Veteran
    you may see it as forced and you can go ahead and "get over it".
    I apologize for any offense caused, it's only my viewpoint. Not truth.

Hall Of Fame
    im saying its like church..some people go and some people choose to honor in private....id be naive to think there wouldnt be celebrations for the 10 year anniversay of such a chaotic and disgusting day.

But I am def going through 9/11 fatigue...i already lived that day..i dont need to do it again. I made my peace with it.
    I wouldnt exactly call them "celebrations".

Hall Of Fame
    you should go to sarcasm school. you suck at it
    Actually if you were trying to be sarcastic then you should go back to sarcasm school.....because it was a poor attempt at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_G View Post
    As the original poster let me say this to you. I don't need continual tributes to remind me what happened on that day, I lived it. I don't need a speech before a game to remind me about the people and cars I saw covered in debris, the long line I stood in to buy a pair of sneakers for what I thought was going to be a very long walk home, seeing the long lines outside of hotels of people looking for an oasis away from the hysteria, and that my cousin Mark never came home to his wife and children. It is burned forever in my mind and I agree with the other poster, I will be happy when it's over.
    continual tributes being an annual remebrance on the day of these events? i am truely sorry for your loss, and your experiences that day. however, i stand by my opinion, which is just that, an opinion, that on 9/11 there is, should, and will be extensive coverage throughout the day.

Veteran
    I wouldnt exactly call them "celebrations".
    true, rememberances; lack of a better term. No way celebrations....its interesting though..here's a day where every single human (of age) can recall where they were..there must be something to that..humans are a machine...to get everyone on the same wavelength....leaves one to ponder the importance of the why?

Actually if you were trying to be sarcastic then you should go back to sarcasm school.....because it was a poor attempt at it.
    and who made you the sarcasm expert?

All League
    There should be more. There will never be enough and should be this way every anniversary, not just the 10th.