Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Owners: What Would You Do?

Ticket Owners: What Would You Do?

This situation has been driving me nuts all day and I wanted to post it to the forum to see how other fans would handle it.

My season tickets are surrounded by a great cluster of people. Good solid Jet fans and lots family people with a really good community starting to form as we begin Year 2.

So yesterday the neighboring family to my left, a father in his 50s and son in his mid-20s showed up in full Cowboy gear. They tried to explain that it was just for the day. They would be Jets fans the rest of the year but the Cowboys were their first team.

Needless to say, this is BS. But since I like the folks I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But as the game went on the acted like total jackholes not just cheering but cheering obnoxiously for "the boys." WTF?

I decided I'd had enough and started them treating them as I would any other Cowboy fan who showed up in my section. And when the game ended I asked if they were now Jets fans again and wanted to celebrate.

Now I have an uncomfortable relationship with my neighbor for the remainder of the PSL. How would you have handled these guys?

All Pro
    Probably would have tazed him.

But thats just how me and my boys in section 324 handles things.

All League
    My guess:the dad grew up in Texas, but moved to NY and adopted the Jets at some point. Rarely gets to see them play and he just found out he has an incurable disease earlier in the week and as his dying wish asked his son to cheer the Cowboys one last time for his dad. His son was like Dad...what if we get sht from our neighbors in the stand, but the dad said son don't worry...we've built a nice community with solid family people in year 2. They'll understand and not be rude to us.

I would spill beer on them every week.

You can also text the Jets every game and report them as "causing a situation."

This story is so weird, I have no idea what I would do in the same situation. They are absolute idiots for doing what they did. If they wanted to root for the Cowboys and keep it quiet for that "one game" it's one thing, but to wear the gear and be obnoxious is another. They need to be hazed on a regular basis form now on.
    Last edited by Gastineau99; 09-12-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Veteran
    Where a Jaguar jersey Sunday.

Banned
    I would spill buck lure on them when it really gets cold out when they get home they will smell bad. Id go buy them a round beers and piss in them next game and tell them its a peace offering after the Cowboys game.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

I would make a big joke out of it for the rest of the year, and would not stop.

Week 2...probably bring them a really stale piece of SF Sourdough and yell Go Niners at them, and give them a Jets thank you card and ask them to give it to Romo

Week 3...maybe a cute Lion stuff animal

Week 4...a nasty bag of lox wings or necks..."straight from the Pike Street Market" Go Seahawks.

Redskins...Hog nose

You get the idea.

At the end of the season I would let them know the gag is over, and the next time the Boys come to town they should get seats somewhere else in the stadium.

Hall Of Fame
    Sit with your junk out the rest of the year and pretend everything is normal. Strike up friendly casual conversation and never break eye contact.

They'll give up their seats by week 4.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    pee on his leg

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I also noticed two Jets season ticket holders in my section in Cowboys gear last night. Interestingly enough, they are also the two biggest douche bags in my section. One, a Fred Durst lookalike who got so wasted at a game last year that he was literally oblivious to his surroundings, and the second a guy who could pass for a cast member of the Jersey Shore. I was actually glad that they weren't really Jets fans.
    Last edited by shuler82; 09-12-2011 at 11:52 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    after last night the joke is on them

you can't do anything they haven't already done to themeselves

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I just used my PSL money to buy a 64 inch plasma for the man cave.

Now I'm the only a-hole I have to deal with in my section every week.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'm with cornjulio21 on this...

I know someone like this as well. Big Jets fan but a even bigger Cowboys fan.

- Every game ask whats the cowgirls score
    - Ask for the # of the hotel in cabo where Tony and Jessica stayed at
    - Ask if Ari Gold is speaking with Jerry Jones about the new L.A. team
    - Tell them everytime a NFC East team is winning

Keep it playful and just mess with them.

He broke one of the only 'rules' there are to being a football fan...

There's only one team...

The general douchebaggery that occurred after the game started would lead me to not saying a word to him for the next 29 years...

Banned
    I would taser both of them.

All League
    being a jets PSL holder and showing up wearing cowboys gear is unforgivable

All League
    Ah, what a nice bunch of fans. And this is why brawls in stadiums happen. It's sports, people. Root for your team. Stop worrying about what other people do. Sports fans are such a**holes.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    I would make a big joke out of it for the rest of the year, and would not stop.

Week 2...probably bring them a really stale piece of SF Sourdough and yell Go Niners at them, and give them a Jets thank you card and ask them to give it to Romo

Week 3...maybe a cute Lion stuff animal

Week 4...a nasty bag of lox wings or necks..."straight from the Pike Street Market" Go Seahawks.

Redskins...Hog nose

You get the idea.

At the end of the season I would let them know the gag is over, and the next time the Boys come to town they should get seats somewhere else in the stadium.
    This is pure genius.

Hall Of Fame
    I'd give them a big hello and make sure I watch the scoreboards and keep them well informed each time the Cowgirls shat the bed just about every week this season