Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 100

Thread: The Patriots really look like they're on their last legs....

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,931

    The Patriots really look like they're on their last legs....

    I guess reports of the Patriots' demise going into this season were slightly premature. Offense, defense,special teams, again they're so far ahead of their opponent it's not even funny. 15-1 looks like it's probably not out of reach for them, considering they were 14-2 last year and went out and added a lot of pieces to improve the team. Oh well, we have a shot to maybe win a wild card again and play 3 road games in the playoffs.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    153
    GFY

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    ....gets popcorn....

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,843
    Why don't you just stop watching football for the rest of the year then?

    Dumbass.

  5. #5
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    162
    The Patriots ability to keep winning without having "rebuilding" years is confounding. I hate the Patriots but watching Brady complete 11 passes to tight ends amazes me. Ochostinko with one catch and the tight ends with 11? Child please. 15 and 1 is a definite possibility

  6. #6
    I'm willing to be they lose to the cowboys and at least split with the Jets.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,823
    TROLL

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    894
    I ask this in the most non-cheating-suspicious tone. Honestly.

    How do they do it? What do they do/have they figured out, that seemingly no one else can replicate? Or even try to slow down or prevent?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    I guess reports of the Patriots' demise going into this season were slightly premature. Offense, defense,special teams, again they're so far ahead of their opponent it's not even funny. 15-1 looks like it's probably not out of reach for them, considering they were 14-2 last year and went out and added a lot of pieces to improve the team. Oh well, we have a shot to maybe win a wild card again and play 3 road games in the playoffs.
    Sound reasoning. There's some logic on this board after all.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,931
    Quote Originally Posted by JFM View Post
    GFY
    lol, thanks for that brilliant contribution

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Henne is @ about 400 yards against their D.

    They have no D and no running game. Hence the reason they have been and will be again one and done in the playoffs.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama View Post
    Sound reasoning. There's some logic on this board after all.
    i always try to call it as i see it

  13. #13
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by JFM View Post
    GFY
    + eleventy quadrillion

    If anything, this game (and that last sequence by Henne, in the redzone, down 31-17, with 6+ mins to play) is a giant "LOLGFY" to all the Dolphin fans and stupid "stats/metrics" guys who want to keep on insisting that "Henne > Sanchez".

    Hopefully that pathetic display that Henne just put up down there (and the subsequent 99.5 yard TD play by Brady/Welker) shows just how bad Henne and the rest of his loser team is.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    I ask this in the most non-cheating-suspicious tone. Honestly.

    How do they do it? What do they do/have they figured out, that seemingly no one else can replicate? Or even try to slow down or prevent?
    Success is contagious. Playing with Brady & Manning in todays NFL should be considered an honour.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ROPE View Post
    The Patriots ability to keep winning without having "rebuilding" years is confounding. I hate the Patriots but watching Brady complete 11 passes to tight ends amazes me. Ochostinko with one catch and the tight ends with 11? Child please. 15 and 1 is a definite possibility


    Sure you hate the Pats....load of b/s. Keep drawing your silly conclusions. I know this much, wen Tammy faces a physical defense that will bang the living sh*t out of him, watch the flower wilt under the pressure. That is coming...don't worry troll. Then let's see what that b*tch a$$ Tammy does when he is smacked in the mouth.

  16. #16
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtime Jets fan View Post
    + eleventy quadrillion

    If anything, this game (and that last sequence by Henne, in the redzone, down 31-17, with 6+ mins to play) is a giant "LOLGFY" to all the Dolphin fans and stupid "stats/metrics" guys who want to keep on insisting that "Henne > Sanchez".

    Hopefully that pathetic display that Henne just put up down there (and the subsequent 99.5 yard TD play by Brady/Welker) shows just how bad Henne and the rest of his loser team is.
    WTF game did you watch? Henne threw for almost 400 yards and had a real solid game. Not perfect but far from the Fins problem.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Henne is @ about 400 yards against their D.

    They have no D and no running game. Hence the reason they have been and will be again one and done in the playoffs.
    The Pats did rush for 106 yards on 22 carries (4.8 YPC) and a TD. How did the Jets rush last night?

    The Pats defense did hold the Dolphins to 17 points before garbage time and one of the Dolphins drives was a 10 yard drive. Not great defense, but it certainly wasn't horrible. You don't win with yards, you win with points.

  18. #18
    c'mon, like welker's 99 yard pas reception was legit. sure he made the run but the doltfins also gave up on the play. remember they are playing the doltfins.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    I guess reports of the Patriots' demise going into this season were slightly premature. Offense, defense,special teams, again they're so far ahead of their opponent it's not even funny. 15-1 looks like it's probably not out of reach for them, considering they were 14-2 last year and went out and added a lot of pieces to improve the team. Oh well, we have a shot to maybe win a wild card again and play 3 road games in the playoffs.
    Their Defense doesn't look very good at all. What is it 500 total yards allowed today?

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    Success is contagious. Playing with Brady & Manning in todays NFL should be considered an honour.
    I can understand that to a degree but the Patriots take JAGs on both side of the ball and turn them into superstars. The two TEs are perfect examples. While Hernandez is a phenomenal athlete, I thought of the two big-ticket Florida offensive players of last year's draft, that Tebow would have a better career than Hernandez (to which I believed/believe that Tebow will fade into relative obscurity). Gronkowski is the epitome of a JAG. How can these guys be made to look so good?

    Or if that kind of talent can be cultivated by one team, why can't other teams do it? Is the Patriot coaching staff really that much better than EVERY other staff in the league? There just seems to be a statistical/fundamental/scientific disparity between what the Patriots can do vs. what the entire rest of the league can.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us