View Poll Results: Based on current options, what would be the best move to address the issue?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Re-sign Aaron Maybin

19 24.05%
  • Sign Everette Brown

9 11.39%
  • Sign Tully Banta-Cain

7 8.86%
  • Make Garrett McIntyre the DPR.

0 0%
  • Trade multiple draft picks for Demarcus Ware

14 17.72%
  • Bring back Shaun Ellis

0 0%
  • Sign Mark Gastineau

7 8.86%
  • Coax Gerry Philbin out of retirement.

1 1.27%
  • Leave it alone. Rex is a frickin genius with his blitz packages!

23 29.11%
  • Sign someone not on this list.

6 7.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Addressing the Jets pass rushing

JetsInsider.com Legend

Arrow Poll: Addressing the Jets pass rushing

Poll to follow...

Hall Of Fame
    Null pointer address.

Maybin.

I could have voted for someone not on the list but meh...

We have solid all around linebackers... Bryan Thomas just proved that to most of you...

Just need someone to explode off the edge... Doing it with QB's is fine but even they don't look as explosive...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If you think #10, then post who that would be.

All League
    MAYBIN!!!

Watching the 4th quarter Sunday night and all the time Romo had I kept thinking, damn if they had a fresh Maybin coming off the edge - when the o-line is tired a little slower he would be exactly what the Jets need to help close out games!!!!

All League
    Great another maybin man-crush thread. He can't actually rush the passer so I wouldn't consider him an option. Hell why not just bring back gholston if you want a useless player on the roster

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Great another maybin man-crush thread. He can't actually rush the passer so I wouldn't consider him an option. Hell why not just bring back gholston if you want a useless player on the roster
    How is it a Maybin man-crush poll? There are 10 options. Granted, a couple are jokes but seriously. Stop whining.

All Pro
    The Jets were 8th in the league last year in terms of the Pass Rush. Hardly something to be overly concerned about.

Veteran
    Banta-Cain or Maybin

All Pro
    The most obvious choice ... Address pass rusher in next year's draft ... is not on the list.

Veteran
    4 sacks against cowboys wasn't horrible, but..... Hope that they can get a better interior push upfront (fresh legs in 6 man rotation), but I think they need another option at OL. Banta-Cain is more a proven commodity, but that is in Patriots scheme. Maybin showed some flashes against 2nd/3rd stringers, but..... he did get sacks and pressure. Can't imagine Jets cutting him without good reason. I don't think it was a Danny Woodhead type of cut (mistake).

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The Jets were 8th in the league last year in terms of the Sacks. Hardly something to be overly concerned about.
    Fixed. Because there's a huge difference...

I'm not necessarily jumping all over Rex for not doing anything but Maybin doesn't hurt the Jets.

He can only make them better...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    How is it a Maybin man-crush poll? There are 10 options. Granted, a couple are jokes but seriously. Stop whining.
    Whining? You mean like how you and the maybin men do every day b!tching and moaning about how the team "suxxx" because your favorite player isn't on the team? Who's fault was that again? I've heard that it's rex's fault because he doesn't actually want pass rushers on the team, or is it now McIntyres fault that maybin is garbage? It's laughable that this kid has cheerleaders on a jets board... Go back to buffalo kid

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    The most obvious choice ... Address pass rusher in next year's draft ... is not on the list.
    I understand that's an option as well but I feel this team is already in a win now mode. This is an issue IMO and why it wasn't addressed this year is mind-boggling. I can't imagine this team is looking to next year.

Banned
    The glaring need for any type of pass rush whether it be situational or every down has gone on too long. I thought Maybin could have done far better than JT did last season.
    Last edited by GMCJETS; 09-15-2011 at 06:43 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Maybin's a Canadian football-caliber guy (maybe not even that). Line him up 1000 times against D'Brick and he wouldn't get a single sack.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I understand that's an option as well but I feel this team is already in a win now mode. This is an issue IMO and why it wasn't addressed this year is mind-boggling. I can't imagine this team is looking to next year.
    So since the jets didn't want maybin or old a$$ TBC they won't draft a pass rushing OLB next year? I'll put up a grand that they draft at least a 2nd rounder next year, but I'm expecting a first. We had other needs besides that this past offseason

All Pro
    Where is the option for "Whine and complain every chance I get, including but not limited to making silly polls about it"? I'd vote for that one.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Whining? You mean like how you and the maybin men do every day b!tching and moaning about how the team "suxxx" because your favorite player isn't on the team? Who's fault was that again? I've heard that it's rex's fault because he doesn't actually want pass rushers on the team, or is it now McIntyres fault that maybin is garbage? It's laughable that this kid has cheerleaders on a jets board... Go back to buffalo kid
    I'm not even going to dignify your rant with a response.

You're mischaracterizing the entire situation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Where is the option for "Whine and complain every chance I get, including but not limited to making silly polls about it"? I'd vote for that one.
    As opposed to whining and complaining about people who recognize a legitimate problem?