Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question............

Serious Question............

Why does every WR/TE on NE ALWAYS open and ours look like the opp has 3 guys on every WR/TE???????????????????????? WTF!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Why does every WR/TE on NE ALWAYS open and ours look like the opp has 3 guys on every WR/TE???????????????????????? WTF!!!
    I'm going to ask you to recite this in English so I can formulate a response.

Hall Of Fame
    Because you touch yourself at night.

Why does every WR/TE on NE ALWAYS open and ours look like we have 3 guys on every WR/TE???????????????????????? WTF!!

sorry edited

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... because besides McCourty the entire secondary is dog$h*t ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Why does every WR/TE on NE ALWAYS look open and ours look like they have 3 guys on every one of our WR/TEs???????????????????????? WTF!!

I do like touching myself Penny.

sorry edited
    Fixed.

gee thanks

Practice Squad
    Because the square root of 62908390 is 2344

Because we send the house and they don't. Football is a chess match. Remember back in '09, the home game against the Pats? We blitzed Brady all day and played man coverage using as many dbacks as there were receivers. Even at the end of the game, when most teams play prevent to eat up the clock, we were throwing the kitchen sink at Brady. He didn't have time to find anyone (it takes time to get Moss down the field) and repeatedly got hit.

Fast forward to the 45-3 game last year. The Pats make their chess move. They let go of Moss and go to small ball. Using picks, quick screens, dumpoffs and throws to the TE's (since we have average coverage safeties) they beat our man coverage and overload blitz.

Fast forward to the playoff game. I think it's funny that you thought it always seemed like their players were open because they NEVER were that day. Brady had alllll day to throw but could never find anyone. We adjusted with zone and hitting receivers off the line to disrupt timing. We got coverage sack after coverage sack. In the end, we won.

So to answer your question, it depends on the scheme both teams are going with that game, or even for that specific play. Halftime adjustments are king in the game today. When it seems like their receivers are always open, it's because we're doing something wrong on defense and haven't adjusted yet. We have better personnel than they do. When it seems like our receivers aren't getting open, you can bet your ass Schotty has something to do with it.

*Edit: It's also imperative for the quarterback to make pre-snap reads. This gives him better protection and allows him time to find the open man. Pre-snap reads also glean information about the coverage, which can help the quarterback identify better route calls and make audibles.
    Last edited by Johnny Rico; 09-15-2011 at 11:02 PM.

All Pro
    You guys are referring to defense but I think the OP was referring to offense. He is asking why NE's receivers get open, yet our receivers always seem to be blanketed in coverage (even making backup's look like pro-bowlers)??

So the most obvious answer would be because our offensive sets and WR routes suck.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    You guys are referring to defense but I think the OP was referring to offense. He is asking why NE's receivers get open, yet our receivers always seem to be blanketed in coverage (even making backup's look like pro-bowlers)??

So the most obvious answer would be because our offensive sets and WR routes suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    When it seems like our receivers aren't getting open, you can bet your ass Schotty has something to do with it.

All Pro
    The Pats receivers are not open against us. Go back and watch the tape. For some reason we don't run crossing routes or slants. We run a 7 step drop even when we're being blitzed. Even from the shotgun I see Sanchez dropping another 3 steps. I don't know the answer to that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Even from the shotgun I see Sanchez dropping another 3 steps. I don't know the answer to that.
    I hope that it isn't cause he is unsure of the O line, Christ he is already 10yds behind the line of scrimage before he throws.

Hall Of Fame
    In two of the last games against Faggy Tommi and his Cheating Douches, their wide receivers were not bottled up

as they will be TWICE again this season

All League
    We will be fine against them, one game doesn't make a season. Our D should be much improved by the time we meet them in terms of getting more playing time together as a unit and removing the last layers of rust from the preseason/ lockout

All Pro

Thanks for the official translation. Stick around. There are many other English-challenged posters who could also use your help.

All League

I would think that the most obvious answer is the fact that the Pats have a first-ballot HOF QB and the Jets have a (still) developing Mark Sanchez. Brady sees the field in a way that Sanchez simply doesn't yet, not to mention that Brady has the accuracy to lead receivers away from the defense and still hit them in the numbers.

The great QBs have the ability to make great throws in tight coverage, but they also run offenses where receivers appear to be wide open because their timing is impeccable. Brady sees a guy open before he separates from the defender and puts the ball on the money, whereas Sanchez doesn't do that consistently yet.

I'm sure our sets and routes have something to do with it, specifically Schotty's uncontrollable desire to try and confuse the defense instead of beating it straight up, but I think that's the smaller part of the equation.

For the record, the Jets receivers were more open and got more YAC on Sunday than they have in any game during Sanchez's time here. I'm sure there are some who think that's ALL attributed to Tom Moore's five minutes on board, but it's because Sanchez's timing and accuracy are continuing to improve. So our guy is getting there too.

get off the Pats balls sack. Other teams get open too like the Packers, Saints, ... it happens. As far as wide open thats a lie. Go look at Welker's separation on the 99 yard play and there wasn't anymore separation than what Santonio has gotten on his corners its just that the throw was flawless. Add that with the reads Brady makes ... he's an elite QB. Thats what happens. Sanchez doesn't make reads or throws as good as Brady obviously. We're talking about a hall of fame QB vs a guy who's getting his feet wet who barely had any college experience.

I think the OP wants to act like the Pats are doing something ground breaking and the Jets aren't as far as running routes. You guys are all foolish. This reminds me of when Jeff Van Gundy was coaching the Knicks and he was having a meetings in his house and he mentioned to some assistants about what type of offense they should run and his daughter or niece was there like "why don't you run the same offense the Bulls run" ... of course the triangle is a good offense to run but Michael Jordan made the ship run not Phil Jackson. The NFL is a copycat league ... teams look at what others are doing so even if we did have the dumbest coaches in the world we could just look at what the Patriots were doing and emulate that. Its not that easy though ... The Pats rely on pre snap reads and then pre snap adjustments. Brady looks at the defense and then decides whats the best play to run while looking at that defense. It took Brady a while to get this down ... Sanchez is doing some of that stuff now but lets just say ... Its a lot easier for a guy who's been around for 12 years than a guy who's been around only 2.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I would think that the most obvious answer is the fact that the Pats have a first-ballot HOF QB and the Jets have a (still) developing Mark Sanchez. Brady sees the field in a way that Sanchez simply doesn't yet, not to mention that Brady has the accuracy to lead receivers away from the defense and still hit them in the numbers.

The great QBs have the ability to make great throws in tight coverage, but they also run offenses where receivers appear to be wide open because their timing is impeccable. Brady sees a guy open before he separates from the defender and puts the ball on the money, whereas Sanchez doesn't do that consistently yet.

I'm sure our sets and routes have something to do with it, specifically Schotty's uncontrollable desire to try and confuse the defense instead of beating it straight up, but I think that's the smaller part of the equation.

For the record, the Jets receivers were more open and got more YAC on Sunday than they have in any game during Sanchez's time here. I'm sure there are some who think that's ALL attributed to Tom Moore's five minutes on board, but it's because Sanchez's timing and accuracy are continuing to improve. So our guy is getting there too.

Agreed. Brady doesn't miss our TE in the endzone like Sanchez did. That's a TD.

Veteran
    Its not just the pats that find ways to get guys open, but the Pats do an excellent job at it. They are a very well coached team and pay LOTS of attention to small little details.

Oline you can tell is well practiced in ways of holding in nonobvious ways. They get away with tons of holding and they do it smart and descreate ways.

WRs/TE's pick players, and use the Refs as ways to get seperations. Again its not obvious and its very descrete but it definately helps seperation. Gronkowski would have thrown a pick like Witten but he wouldn't have been so obvious about it.