Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Lions look to be the real deal this year

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146

    Lions look to be the real deal this year

    They've played a couple of bad teams but they've beat up on those teams really bad. Good teams do this.

    Glad to see they're having some success.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    They really hit well on their early draft picks in recent years. Suh and Johnson are among the best players at their respective positions and Stafford is a good leader when healthy...

  3. #3
    Stafford is ridiculously good. Megatron is easily a top 3 receiver in this league. Their D line and O line looks very good. I recall saying a couple of weeks ago that they are a 11-5 team and will be the surprise of the NFC and some of the folks on here laughed at me saying that even if Stafford is healthy they go 8-8. Not being a prisoner of the moment here but aside from Greenbay and the Saints ... I think they can hand it to anybody in that conference. Yes ... including the Eagles.

    Don't be shocked if they make it to the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoff's. If health isn't an issue they have the talent to beat anybody in the NFC. And we all know as Jet fans ... you don't have to be better than the other team in the playoff's ... u just need to play better for 1 game ... They have so many game changers on both sides of the ball that its quite possible they shock somebody in a playoff round.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Stafford is ridiculously good. Megatron is easily a top 3 receiver in this league. Their D line and O line looks very good. I recall saying a couple of weeks ago that they are a 11-5 team and will be the surprise of the NFC and some of the folks on here laughed at me saying that even if Stafford is healthy they go 8-8. Not being a prisoner of the moment here but aside from Greenbay and the Saints ... I think they can hand it to anybody in that conference. Yes ... including the Eagles.

    Don't be shocked if they make it to the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoff's. If health isn't an issue they have the talent to beat anybody in the NFC. And we all know as Jet fans ... you don't have to be better than the other team in the playoff's ... u just need to play better for 1 game ... They have so many game changers on both sides of the ball that its quite possible they shock somebody in a playoff round.
    Ok, I didn't say they were going to the NFCCG, let them at least make the playoffs first.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Ok, I didn't say they were going to the NFCCG, let them at least make the playoffs first.
    i don't care what YOU said ... lol ... I'm telling u there's a chance they are good enough to do it. Look at how loaded the AFC is and we made the final 2 in the AFC 2 years in a row. Lions are very capable if Stafford remains healthy.

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    384
    I'm just happy to have a decent Thanksgiving game to look forward to!

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    i don't care what YOU said ... lol ... I'm telling u there's a chance they are good enough to do it. Look at how loaded the AFC is and we made the final 2 in the AFC 2 years in a row. Lions are very capable if Stafford remains healthy.
    I agree and you are absolutley correct. Stafford is incredible! Suh is incredible! best is incredible! CFalvin Johnson is you guessed it INCREDIBLE. I also likle their HC. Today I watched the Jets but taped the Lions. I enjoyed their game very much!

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    they are great until Stafford gets hurt

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I agree and you are absolutley correct. Stafford is incredible! Suh is incredible! best is incredible! CFalvin Johnson is you guessed it INCREDIBLE. I also likle their HC. Today I watched the Jets but taped the Lions. I enjoyed their game very much!
    So the Jets suck, Sanchez sucks. and the Lions are incredible. Go be a Lions fan then.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    they are great until Stafford gets hurt
    Hill played very well for them last year or have you forgotten? I think they won their last 4 games with Hill at the controls.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    i don't care what YOU said ... lol ... I'm telling u there's a chance they are good enough to do it. Look at how loaded the AFC is and we made the final 2 in the AFC 2 years in a row. Lions are very capable if Stafford remains healthy.
    They are not an NFC Championship caliber team, I don't care what they did week 1 and week 2.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    So the Jets suck, Sanchez sucks. and the Lions are incredible. Go be a Lions fan then.
    Nah, I will stay a Jets fan as I have since 1960 since I have learned how to put up with the kids who post here! And try to wake up! I never said the Jets suck! I am not satisfied with our QB and offense. At least I do not wear green colored glasses! I try to say it like it is unlike the Peanut Gallery kids.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,988
    I remember Simms scouting Sanchez over Stafford. Its not even close talent wise.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Nah, I will stay a Jets fan as I have since 1960 since I have learned how to put up with the kids who post here! And try to wake up! I never said the Jets suck! I am not satisfied with our QB and offense. At least I do not wear green colored glasses! I try to say it like it is unlike the Peanut Gallery kids.
    Just because you have been a Jets fan since 1960 doesn't mean you know any more or any less than any "kid". And just because someone is not dissatisfied with Sanchez like you are, doesn't mean they were "green colorded glasses". There are plenty of "kids" and "old timers'' that see things plenty objectively, but there are plenty who sensationalize things to one extreme or another, and the main topic of that is Sanchez. He's not nearly as bad as some make him out to be, and he certainly has some room to grow.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Nah, I will stay a Jets fan as I have since 1960 since I have learned how to put up with the kids who post here! And try to wake up! I never said the Jets suck! I am not satisfied with our QB and offense. At least I do not wear green colored glasses! I try to say it like it is unlike the Peanut Gallery kids.
    Most of us on here are not "kids", let's get one thing straight. I'm sorry you've had to suffer through the dark ages as of most of us, but the same old Jets fan mentality rubs the wrong way. The Jets just won a game by 29 points, what is the reason for your knock on Sanchez? Yea, he threw 2 interceptions, but he also threw for 2 and his completion percentage was 70 %. HE'S GOING TO GET BETTER!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us