Thread: One Funny Thing I Noticed The Last Two Weeks...

One Funny Thing I Noticed The Last Two Weeks...

Every time the opposing team makes a play, they copy the Jet flight dance that Tone does.Mathis did it today on the INT and the Cowboys did it last week. Is it that hard for teams to make their celebrations? Lmao

Rookie
    The new rally cry here in Baltimore is to "Play like a Raven."

LolZ

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    The new rally cry here in Baltimore is to "Play like a Raven."LolZ
    Not after losing to the Titans it's not..

The new rally cry here in Baltimore is to "Play like a Raven."

LolZ
    I think Rex brought that one with him to NYC

All League
    Yeah, not to be a downer but Baltimore started that years ago

Rookie
    Tie I'd say. I can see how it might have originated in BMore but I think it was more widely used in NY (written in the stadium). This is my second football season here and I don't recall hearing it last year?

What It Means to 'Play Like a Raven'
    The Ravens’ new mantra for 2009 merges football and business like never before. by BaltimoreRavens.com
    Aug 3, 2009, 5:48PM
    Font Size: resize normalresize largeresize larger

It started years ago with Ozzie Newsome, the team’s general manager and executive vice president, who stated that he looked for players who “Played Like a Raven.”

Head coach John Harbaugh picked up on the phrase last season. “We have players who play like Ravens,” he said often.

And what are some of the characteristics of players who “Play Like a Raven?” Passion, strength, good character, courage, intensity, humility, determination, intelligence and pride to compete at the highest level.

Now the team’s marketing department is extending “Play Like a Raven” to the fans.

This season, Ravens fans will have various points of exposure to the elements that make up the year-long mantra, including applications in game-day programs, schedule cards, in-game video, the media guide, yearbook and merchandise.

The first and most significant introductions to the campaign are the team’s season tickets (artwork attached), which fans have received. Each home ticket features an individual player with a corresponding characteristic that describes what it means to “Play Like a Raven.”

“We are pulling back the curtain and allowing fans access into the team philosophy,” Ravens vice president of marketing Gabrielle Dow stated. “Plus, tying each characteristic to a particular team member for home games marks the first time we’ve showcased individual players on tickets.”

The various publications, merchandise and game-day elements mirror what the Ravens will experience on a daily basis in 2009, including slogans on players’ playbooks and Coach Harbaugh’s weekly messages to the team.

Fans can obtain “Play Like a Raven” merchandise online at the Baltimore Ravens team store, in person at the Official Ravens Team Store at the Sports Legends Museum or on game day in Ravens Team Stores at M&T Bank Stadium.

“You can see that our fans get it. We see it every day at camp,” Harbaugh stated. “They show us they can ‘Play Like a Raven.’ We are impressed by that!”

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Every time the opposing team makes a play, they copy the Jet flight dance that Tone does.Mathis did it today on the INT and the Cowboys did it last week. Is it that hard for teams to make their celebrations? Lmao
    I saw that...mathis was really in no position to mock the jets there...

Sent from an HTC EVO

Tie I'd say. I can see how it might have originated in BMore but I think it was more widely used in NY (written in the stadium). This is my second football season here and I don't recall hearing it last year?
    rex has been saying it since he walked in the door here and if they are saying it in Balt then yeah I'm willing to bet rex took it here from Balt.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Funny, but mocking the other team when YOUR TEAM IS GETTING ITS ASSES KICKED UP AND DOWN THE FIELD is pretty stupid.

All Pro
    One of their DT's did the Plaxico bow after a sack too. They should have worried more about the ass kicking they were receiving.

Charter JI Member
    I guess the Jags were looking at stats instead of the scoreboard

do you see what I did there