Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benny From The Bronx

All League

Benny From The Bronx

Benny From The Bronx...

This guy has been a WFAN regular caller for years, and probably the one that burns my ash the most. He's a HUGE GB Packers fan, and frequently calls up to talk about his beloved team, and how he's "hung in there" with them through thick and thin.

Why do I have a problem with him? Because he also calls in as a HUGE SD Charger Fan!! He has professed to loving both equally, and quite frankly, I think it's bullsh*t.

Which brings me to this... I have a hard time believing or respecting that anyone can love two teams. If you do, then you really aren't a fan of any team. I'm a Jets fan, and hate everyone else. Give me a team, and I'll give you a reason why I loath that team.

What say you?

Lets Go JETS!!!! .................... (and Farg everyone else)

Banned
    you can love two women, or 3 or 4, but you cannot love two teams. That's not true love.

All Pro
    Completely agree. I have buddies who root for the Jets and Giants and get mad when I tell them they're frauds.

Pick a side, and live and die with it.

The worst I ever had was a co-worker who claimed to be a Patriots and Colts fan. Just think about that.

All League
    He's a fraud, you can't root for two teams. Its just another offshoot
    of this "fantasy football" mentality. You throw various players together
    on your "fantasy football" team and then you take that mindset to
    "real football". You can't do it

Hall Of Fame
    here is my theory about Benny

from the Bronx -- so he's a bigtime Pinstriper fan

and thus

when it came time to pick NFL teams -- probably in 67 or 68 or so, he picked the Packers as his NFL team and the Chargers as his AFL team since both were at the top then

typical frontrunner

Banned
    He should have picked the Jets. Benny and the Jets!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    you can love two women, or 3 or 4, but you cannot love two teams. That's not true love.
    There are many reasons why it's so wrong, I can't count the ways... besides the obvious, like when the two teams play against each other, and you have to choose who to root for. But how about if your a fan of two teams during the Draft or Free Agency?

cool story bro.

All Pro
    I hate 31 teams some more than others

All Pro
    I don't know about loving two teams equally, but I can say for myself that I grew up in Minnesota and was a Vikings fan as a kid, not to mention all my family out there who follow the Vikes. When I came to school out East back in the 70's and then relocated here there were only two teams to watch - the Jets and Giants. I loved the Namath Jets and started following them religiously. Still held some loyalty for the Vikings, but if the two played, I was a Jets fan and still am. What's the big deal? It's a sport, not a religion. This all smacks of adolescent nonsense, frankly.

i'm a die hard jets fan flat out.

there are other teams in the nfl i pull for, but its not nearly the same thing. its jets all day for me.

2 team love is impossible and fraudulent.

I am a die hard Jets fan first and foremost, but I do consider the Carolina Panthers as my NFC team. They are a distant second, but I have liked them since 1996. When the Jets and Panthers play each other of course, I root for the Jets all the way.

Veteran
    He's a d*ck.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... i can't stand that poser *$$hole either ...

... he constantly calls into sirius as well ... whatever team is doing well is who he roots for ...

F-R-A-U-D

l_j_r

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... i can't stand that poser *$$hole either ...

... he constantly calls into sirius as well ... whatever team is doing well is who he roots for ...

F-R-A-U-D

l_j_r
    Plus he sounds like one of the Bowery boys.

-

Hall Of Fame
    LOL, cool topic, I have one of my own... But I also despise fans who root for two teams, or more, you're not a fan, you're a frontrunner, period.

The guy who drives me nuts is Ira from Staten Island, this guy also calls in to every talk show, and often, if I'm listening, he always seems to be calling in, he may call in everyday for all I know, and he calls in to every show, and EVERY call is the same, he waits for the host to announce his topic agenda for the day, give his monologue, and in many cases he is the first or second caller, and ALL he does is basically repeat, verbatim, everything the host said, how he agrees, and NEVER offers an original thought of his own, or an argument of his own. He's basically the talking head for that particular talk show host, it's as if he has his own personal line, and is given special access just so he can suck up to whoever is hosting.

I know who I root for. I can't say that who someone else roots for or how they root is all that much my business.

Hall Of Fame
    I root for 2 teams every week

the Jets

and whomever plays the Cheating Douches

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Anyone who calls in sports talk radio on a regular basis scares me to begin with. I can see rooting for an AFC and NFC team, kinda like a backup team, but love, nah. You love one team and never root for both teams in the same city or the same division.