Thread: Sold: Why Jets wont win SB w/ Sanchise, Cro, and Greene

Banned

Sold: Why Jets wont win SB w/ Sanchise, Cro, and Greene

First of all, I'd just like to say that the Raiders today showed the rest of the league (Mangold or not) how to beat the Jets - the same way they did in Jan. 2003 by showing the rest of the league how to beat PENNINGTON (but i know some of you are still waiting for the brainiac to win it all for our Jets in 2011)

That being said...

1) A tipped or batted pass is equal to an incompletion. In the playoffs Sanchez will only see top D's. 3 incompletions can mean as much as 3 missed scoring opportunites.
    2) His rolls to the right still result in inaccurate, sometimes wild, throws.
    3) He still has tunnelvision in his third year - unlike the elite QB's in their third year of play.
    4) He still lacks that 1st Q "killer instinct" to give a knockpout blow right off the bat. This "good nature" of his will not change.

5) Cro is just dumb. A real good QB will force him into mistake after mistake. Plain and simple.

6) I don't know what the heck Greene is, but, I do know what he's not. He isnt anything to worry about by a good D. His inconsistent play knows no bounds. He isn't a "punisher" like we're told. He isnt a speed back and not an all-world type like Marcus Allen. He's a guy who had a great first game against the Seahawks and a great run (literally) over Cro against the Chargers. I'll take #20 for the Raiders (who did not play behind such a great OL) any day over Greene.

The Greene situation can be fixed fairly easily.

The Cro situation less easily - given the ego's involved.

The Sanchise dilemma? He IS our "captain". Three more years and no SB will probably fix that. But, it also might "fix" Rex as well. Is Stafford better than Sanchez? Yes (and dont give me playoff wins please - only give me trips to the SB - ok Mr. Dilfer?) Could Stafford take the Lions to a SB next year? Yes. Could Sanchez take us to the SB this year? Yes???

Really?

Jan. 2003 = Sept. 2011 all over again. Thanks Raiders.
    Last edited by Schroy48; 09-25-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Chill dude. Yeah, we have a lot of work to do, but a lot of things we do wrong are fixable. Sanchez played a pretty solid game. He made one really bad throw, but otherwise good decisions I thought

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    First of all, I'd just like to say that the Raiders today showed the rest of the league (Mangold or not) how to beat the Jets - the same way they did in Jan. 2003 by showing the rest of the league how to beat PENNINGTON (but i know some of you are still waiting for the brainiac to win it all for our Jets in 2011)

That being said...

1) A tipped or batted pass is equal to an incompletion. In the playoffs Sanchez will only see top D's. 3 incompletions can mean as much as 3 missed scoring opportunites.
    3) He still has tunnelvision in his third year - unlike the elite QB's in their third year of play.
    4) He still lacks that 1st Q "killer instinct" to give a knockpout blow right off the bat. This "good nature" of his will not change.

5) Cro is just dumb. A real good QB will force him into mistake after mistake. Plain and simple.

6) I don't know what the heck Greene is, but, I do know what he's not. He isnt anything to worry about by a good D. His inconsistent play knows no bounds. He isn't a "punisher" like we're told. He isnt a speed back and not an all-world type like Marcus Allen. He's a guy who had a great first game against the Seahawks and a great run (literally) over Cro against the Chargers. I'll take #20 for the Raiders (who did not play behind such a great OL) any day over Greene.

The Sanchise dilemma? He IS our "captain". Three more years and no SB will probably fix that. But, it also might "fix" Rex as well. Is Stafford better than Sanchez? Yes (and dont give me playoff wins please - only give me trips to the SB - ok Mr. Dilfer?) Could Stafford take the Lions to a SB next year? Yes. Could Sanchez take us to the SB this year? Yes???

Really?

There are QBs that have trouble in their 3rd season... Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers didn't even play until his 4th season, etc.

Also, you wrote that your would rather have Darren McFadden than Shonn Greene. No kidding, McFadden was the #4 overall pick, and considered one of the top RB talents in football, Shonn Greene was a 3rd round pick, behind a cleary infeior OL this week

The idea that Sanchez's "nature" as a QB will not change after the first few weeks of the 3rd season is laughable. He threw a hideous pass, no question, he threw some bad passes, but also some good ones, his play on 3rd and goal was spectactular and was ruined by a dropped pass by a TE.

He's an average QB in the NFL, but he's still very young, the idea that you can tell his future as a QB in a game that he was battered is silly. He really hasn't been that bad this season, he's certainly had his ups and downs, but considering he's had 0 run game, and 2 games of bad OL play, I think the idea that he's never going to be good is silly and misguided.

Could he never be good, sure. But writing him off now is silly.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah. The same players on the Jets now were on the team in 2003. Dump for 1) idiocy and 2) typical idiotic Schroy thread.

Veteran
    Also what the Raiders showed was that it's a good idea to have Run DMC on your squad.... Credit to Raiders 90210, in this case the Jets were basically outran by superior 40 times that most teams cant duplicate.

dump

Rookie
    dump.

The fumble was terrible by Cro, but the penalties were iffy for the most part. The one he clearly held but the others were kind of bs calls, the Raiders were holding much more and not getting called. They almost tackled Burress on a endzone fade that wasn't called.

All League
    greene is not a feature back. he needs a compliment which he does not have right now.

Banned
    Dump

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    greene is not a feature back. he needs a compliment which he does not have right now.
    I have to agree.

He isnt a feature back. Instead, he is a change of pace/late game back who should compliment another running back.

IE his role during his rookie season behind thomas jones.

Too bad LT isnt 5 years younger.... Greene's ideal role would be one like that Michael Turning during his early years playing behind LT in San Diego.

All League
    Dump

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    I have to agree.

He isnt a feature back. Instead, he is a change of pace/late game back who should compliment another running back.

IE his role during his rookie season behind thomas jones.

Too bad LT isnt 5 years younger.... Greene's ideal role would be one like that Michael Turning during his early years playing behind LT in San Diego.
    maybe let McKnight get some carries and see what he can do. the rookie Powell probably wont play

i cant even remember the last time that i posted on these boards. i logged in this evening, and sure enough it only took reading 1 thread from our village idiot Shroy to remind me why i left.

bye.

All Pro
    This Schroy clown better not join in my celebration thread when we win it all.

Acting like every other team is better than we are....ask the Steelers what happened and how they eeked a 3 point win vs the Colts.

Give me a break. Every team has games like this.
    We were in it until Cro muffs the kickoff.

Had we won or lost this idiotic thread would have still been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post

That being said...

Really?

Sanchise Dilema????, Sanchise Dilema?????

You're comparing a 24 year old who did what he did in the playoffs last year, who has been to the AFC Championship game TWICE in his first 2 YEARS to a rag-arm FRAUD who was EXPOSED by the Raiders in 2003??

How was he exposed? The whole league saw he could never hit an out route - due to arm strength.

I guess Sanchez got exposed today because he only threw for close to 400 yards instead of 900, with heat all over him less than 2 seconds after the snap, right?

The rest of this garbage isn't even worth debating.

Also, get it through your head, you and others...this is Sanchez' 3rd Year in years only...but not on his learning curve, per Gil Brandt. For instance in Aaron Rodgers "3rd Year" it was really about his "10th year" college and pros combined, in the amount of action he was able to digest.

Brandt says that even though this is Sanchez' "3rd Year" he would classify him as a Rookie right now...but in a few years..."the Sky is the Limit".

All Pro
    Hey sh1t-balls OP.....

just be glad you arent a Philly Eagles fan....
    they have the dream team and couldnt beat the JINTS who are 20% healthy.