Thread: Weird offer from Jets

Practice Squad

Weird offer from Jets

I have a few different PSL's in the lower bowl. I received an email from the Jets a few hours ago regarding my 111A seats, I presume. To paraphrase it said sideline select psl holders, we would like to offer you the opportunity to trade your tickets for mezz. Club seats for a game. ( bills and chiefs were excluded...I think this is an important detail).

So i called the number given and spoke to a nice girl. She said I could fedex my tickets back to the Jets and then they would leave me mezz. Club seats at will call day of game...seat location in mezz club TBD. So I said, I'm sorry, I'm supposed to trade you my 15 k psl seats for possible 4 k psl seats in a way shi@@ ier location? She almost seemed embarrassed and said, yes I know you have great seats but we just wanted to offer you the chance to experience the club.

Now a few points:

1) I have been a big proponent of woody and PSL's.
    2) If they checked my account, they would see that they gave me club access for free last year for a game
    3) As a business owner myself, rule 1., don't offer a client a deal that would be perceived by them or actually is a sh@@ ty deal.

Maybe I'm missing something..anybody else have any thoughts? A friend of mine thinks they really need good lower bowl seats for VIPs for the bigger games remaining and this was a desperate way to try and get some of them back?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    They may have, but they apparently put a retard in charge.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    I have a few different PSL's in the lower bowl. I received an email from the Jets a few hours ago regarding my 111A seats, I presume. To paraphrase it said sideline select psl holders, we would like to offer you the opportunity to trade your tickets for mezz. Club seats for a game. ( bills and chiefs were excluded...I think this is an important detail).

So i called the number given and spoke to a nice girl. She said I could fedex my tickets back to the Jets and then they would leave me mezz. Club seats at will call day of game...seat location in mezz club TBD. So I said, I'm sorry, I'm supposed to trade you my 15 k psl seats for possible 4 k psl seats in a way shi@@ ier location? She almost seemed embarrassed and said, yes I know you have great seats but we just wanted to offer you the chance to experience the club.

Now a few points:

1) I have been a big proponent of woody and PSL's.
    2) If they checked my account, they would see that they gave me club access for free last year for a game
    3) As a business owner myself, rule 1., don't offer a client a deal that would be perceived by them or actually is a sh@@ ty deal.

Maybe I'm missing something..anybody else have any thoughts? A friend of mine thinks they really need good lower bowl seats for VIPs for the bigger games remaining and this was a desperate way to try and get some of them back?
    As I understand it, you have lower sideline select seating. There are no Mezzanine "Club" seats available for $4,000. The problem the Jets are having in the Mezz "Club" sections is that they are losing both the PSL and the ticket revenue to games. In contrast, seats in your section have been an easy sell b/c the high PSL is offset by a lower FV.
    - Club Goal Line would have smaller PSL, but a higher ticket price. Assuming they sold your current seats again, the Jets win on that deal. - -- Club Sideline would have the same PSL and a higher ticket price. Either way, you moving to Mezz Club seats make the Jets money.

I see no problem with them reaching out to you as a possible upsell.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 09-26-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    As I understand it, you have lower sideline select seating. There are no Mezzanine "Club" seats available for $4,000. The problem the Jets are having in the Mezz "Club" sections is that they are losing both the PSL and the ticket revenue to games. In contrast, seats in your section have been an easy sell b/c the high PSL is offset by a lower FV.
    - Club Goal Line would have smaller PSL, but a higher ticket price. Assuming they sold your current seats again, the Jets win on that deal. - -- Club Sideline would have the same PSL and a higher ticket price. Either way, you moving to Mezz Club seats make the Jets money.

I see no problem with them reaching out to you as a possible upsell.
    I stand corrected..$5k is the lowest..but the point is the same...this is not a good deal for me, their customer...they are asking me to send my seats that they sold me back to them and in exchange will give me seats that likely would have less value in the open market

Moderator VIP Visionary
    You a Right Tackle?

All League
    The club is a flop. No field views from the club, high ticket price in addition to the PSL. A poor value prop.

All League
    They upgraded me for the Vikings game last year in the hopes I'd upgrade. I suppose that's standard practice. The clubs are a horrific value though so I'd imagine they're not getting many bites from people on the LSL, let alone in 111a.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    They upgraded me for the Vikings game last year in the hopes I'd upgrade. I suppose that's standard practice. The clubs are a horrific value though so I'd imagine they're not getting many bites from people on the LSL, let alone in 111a.
    I completely agree. I would pay the PSL price to sit up there (I like the view from the mezzanine), but have no desire to pay $100 per game to access the cubs. For the $200 ($100x2) price to visit the club to pay for food, I could pay for most of the cost of dinner at Nobu.

Veteran
    I'm in mezz 231a corner end zone which is not a club seat. There is no reason to upgrade to club as you can not see field and the food is basically the same but more expensive. Whoever enjoys staying inside the club during the game is not there for football but they are only there to make it a social event as they don't even watch the game on the club lcd's, they just sit on the couches clueless to what's goin on in the game OUTSIDE.

A friend of mine went to the Giants home opener, and sat in the club.

They had free food in all the clubs in the stadium...chicken, hot dogs, fresh fruit, and chips. Every game they are changing what the free food is, in hopes of you buying drinks and other food in following weeks.

At least they get that they need to give value for the extra charge of clubes

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    I'm in mezz 231a corner end zone which is not a club seat. There is no reason to upgrade to club as you can not see field and the food is basically the same but more expensive. Whoever enjoys staying inside the club during the game is not there for football but they are only there to make it a social event as they don't even watch the game on the club lcd's, they just sit on the couches clueless to what's goin on in the game OUTSIDE.
    When they made it impossible to see the field from the Club, it was a critical design flaw in the facility. They compounded that design flaw by making 100% of the Mezz sideline seats "club" seats with both a high PSL and a high ticket price. IMHO - the best views in the entire stadium are on the Mezz Sidelines.

I would pay a $15K PSL for seats in the Mezz Sideline section. I would also pay $155 per seat (the lower prime ticket price) per game.

I will not, however, pay an extra $140 per seat to have access to a "club" for the following reasons:
    1) For two seats, I would be $590 in the hole for the preseason games;
    2) When I am at the game, I want to be in my seat watching the game. I typically eat before the game. At the game, I may buy a drink and a snack like popcorn or nachos.
    3) For two seats, I would be paying $280 per game to buy food indoors. For $280, my wife and I can have a world class dinner at Nobu (love that Black Cod).

Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    When they made it impossible to see the field from the Club, it was a critical design flaw in the facility. They compounded that design flaw by making 100% of the Mezz sideline seats "club" seats with both a high PSL and a high ticket price. IMHO - the best views in the entire stadium are on the Mezz Sidelines.

I would pay a $15K PSL for seats in the Mezz Sideline section. I would also pay $155 per seat (the lower prime ticket price) per game.

I will not, however, pay an extra $140 per seat to have access to a "club" for the following reasons:
    1) For two seats, I would be $590 in the hole for the preseason games;
    2) When I am at the game, I want to be in my seat watching the game. I typically eat before the game. At the game, I may buy a drink and a snack like popcorn or nachos.
    3) For two seats, I would be paying $280 per game to buy food indoors. For $280, my wife and I can have a world class dinner at Nobu (love that Black Cod).
    Right on totally agree

All Pro
    I don't mean to bait, but............

Where's SAR?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    I stand corrected..$5k is the lowest..but the point is the same...this is not a good deal for me, their customer...they are asking me to send my seats that they sold me back to them and in exchange will give me seats that likely would have less value in the open market
    The club seats are supposed to be the creme de la creme. In the Jets view they are offering you a better seat. The fact that you like your seat better is subjective.

All League
    after reading the thread title, i thought you were going to say they offered you a spot on the o-line.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    The club seats are supposed to be the creme de la creme. In the Jets view they are offering you a better seat. The fact that you like your seat better is subjective.
    The problem with the Club seats is the ticket price. the Psl price is attractive but I just dont see the value with added cost.

Last year, in an effort to try to get me to upgrade from my seats in 111a, the Jets gave me 4 seats in the Coaches Club to the Ravens Monday night game. The Coaches Club is great and the food selection is great, but if you want to watch the game then you would be in your seat 90% of the time and not in the club where you have to watch the game on a TV. You might as well be at a sports bar if your going to that.

I just couldnt see spending $700 per ticket vs. $140 per ticket. I mean how much food can you really eat? It may be fine if you entertain clients or use it solely for business purposes, but I may only do that for 3 games at the most. To spend $2,800 to go to a football game is crazy IMO.

All Pro
    ...obviously the word on the street is out about the club...so glad i turned down the psl offer...stub hub or whatever is the smart play...

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...obviously the word on the street is out about the club...so glad i turned down the psl offer...stub hub or whatever is the smart play...
    Other problem with clubs is traditionally the last game of season is bills or some other meaningless game. Those 1-2 cold weather games are what you want the club for. However, late season cold weather games against so so opponents go for peanuts

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The problem with the Club seats is the ticket price. the Psl price is attractive but I just dont see the value with added cost.

Last year, in an effort to try to get me to upgrade from my seats in 111a, the Jets gave me 4 seats in the Coaches Club to the Ravens Monday night game. The Coaches Club is great and the food selection is great, but if you want to watch the game then you would be in your seat 90% of the time and not in the club where you have to watch the game on a TV. You might as well be at a sports bar if your going to that.

I just couldnt see spending $700 per ticket vs. $140 per ticket. I mean how much food can you really eat? It may be fine if you entertain clients or use it solely for business purposes, but I may only do that for 3 games at the most. To spend $2,800 to go to a football game is crazy IMO.
    I agree with you. I'm just saying that to the Jets the clubs are where its at. That's why they built them.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Other problem with clubs is traditionally the last game of season is bills or some other meaningless game. Those 1-2 cold weather games are what you want the club for. However, late season cold weather games against so so opponents go for peanuts
    Your right in that the clubs have more value during inclement weather, but the problem is that you can not watch the game from inside the clubs. Unless its on TV of course. So why would I want to spend all the extra money to sit inside some pseudo sports bar to watch when I can do that at home for free.