Thread: The "I Wasn't Worried Last Week But Now I Am" Thread

All League

The "I Wasn't Worried Last Week But Now I Am" Thread

That's all.

I am in that crowd.

Last week, ehhhh, it happens.

This week, WE HAVE BIG PROBLEMS...and I don't know where they start or end.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    That's all.

I am in that crowd.

i was worried after last week. Just the way they have looked all season.

Hall Of Fame
    Went from DEFCON 3 to DEFCON 2.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    That's all.

I am in that crowd.

Nope, doesn't work that way. Blind homers must stay blind all season, no switching trains mid-ride.

SAR I

All Pro
    The offense has looked bad in all 4 games this season so I'm not sure why you weren't worried last week or the week before that.

All League
    The good thing is that at the rate the Pats have been giving up yards, the Jets offense might look like the 2007 Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Nope, doesn't work that way. Blind homers must stay blind all season, no switching trains mid-ride.

SAR I
    I'm worried our window has or is closing very quickly. But I don't think firing an OC in the middle of the year has ever been successful. Anyone know if it has? Examples?

Practice Squad
    It is not so much the L in Baltimore that hurts but the manner of it. After the pick-6 we effectively gave up. The game wasn't over but the collective will to compete left the team at that point. The defense had had enough of trying to bail the offense out of a hole, Baltimore sensed it and ran the ball down our throats on 6 or 7 consecutive plays and our D hadn't the willpower to stop them anymore.

The atmosphere in the dressing room has to be strained right now. Our defense and special teams did their job last night but were let down by the offense which was putrid. Our defense held the Ravens offense to 6 points (13-7), our special teams scored 7 of their own. Essentially if our offense did 'nothing' we win the game 14-13. Instead our offense conspires to lose 21-3 and with it the game. Another couple of games like last night and the defense will kick up a storm in the dressing room. Under attack and feeling the strain, the offense will turn on itself. It is already happening to a degree, if you look closely enough. The veiled mutterings coming from Holmes and LT last week and from Mason in his post-game critique are revealing.

Our offense is predictable and it isn't working. Someone is directly responsible for that and needs to be held accountable. The Jets front office have two choices - we can muddle along with what we have and hope to reach 10-6 and then catch lightening in a bottle in the playoffs. Or we can look at ways to become less predictable in our play-calling and seek to maximize the playing resources available to us on offense? I suspect it will be the former.

I'll happily sign up for 10-6 right now in a heartbeat.