Thread: Some quick thoughts to give you all perspective

Some quick thoughts to give you all perspective

In my mind, it's silly to blame Shotty and Sanchez for the offense's woes so far. The problem starts with the o-line this season, Shotty has certainly been a problem in the past. Sanchez had guys in face on almost every throw last night, and a lot against the Raiders too. Collinsworth made a good point last night that every throw had to be quick, because the jets were afraid to drop Sanchez back for fear of the rush, and the Ravens CBs could just sit on the routes. I thought Sanchez looked pretty good against Dallas and Jax before the line fell apart when Mangold got hurt, minus some bad reads on the INTs.

This feels like the 05 o-line where we had injuries and the whole group fell apart. We're going to need a new RT and a guard to replace either Slauson or Moore next season. I also want to see us keep drafting young WRs. Kerley was a good start. You see PIT, OAK with their young guys and Baltimore's kid (name escapes me right now), and that makes you realize that Burress and Mason aren't going to cut it this year.

As Jason pointed out in his recap on his site, we are very athletically limited on D. We need faster, stronger, meaner LBs for next season. It's fine to have one slow guy like Harris as long as he's tough, but not all four. We might have the slowest group of LBs in the league. We addressed the line this offseason, next year it has to be this group.

One final thing that I think a lot of people forget. The NFL is such an offensive league now, that you have to reset your expectations for defense. You won't see defenses like the 09 Jets, 00 Ravens or whoever anymore, just won't happen anymore with the emphasis on player safety limiting physical play and you basically can't touch a WR without getting called for PI or illegal contact.

Banned
    David Harris and Bart Scott need to step up there game.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanmack View Post
    In my mind, it's silly to blame Shotty and Sanchez for the offense's woes so far. The problem starts with the o-line this season, Shotty has certainly been a problem in the past..

Schoddy hasn't been able to do anything with a fantastic Oline, so obviously he won't be able to either without one. Lucky for him, there's someone else to blame.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    David Harris and Bart Scott need to step up there game.
    Come on. Harris played really well last night. Scott needs to get better at tackling, but our IL's are not the problem on defense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Come on. Harris played really well last night. Scott needs to get better at tackling, but our IL's are not the problem on defense.
    Yes he did play well last night. He still needs to step up his game not ridiculing the guy at all.