Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will Revis cover?

Veteran

Who will Revis cover?

Any thoughts? I say put him on Welker not Branch.

All League
    Belichick may just triple team Revis- run three receivers at him and have Brady throw at the WR that is left uncovered.

All League
    He should cover Welker, he's the one who moves the chains more often than not

All League
    tough to put Revis on a guy like that it doesn't play into Revis' strengths as a corner. i actually trust Wilson to cover Welker with some safety help.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    tough to put Revis on a guy like that it doesn't play into Revis' strengths as a corner. i actually trust Wilson to cover Welker with some safety help.
    +1 Wilson looked pretty shifty and loose against BALT

I was impressed with him for once

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    I think it's too late to cover, it's time to give it everything we got!

All League
    revis covers all the best WRs in football but we shouldn't trust him to cover welker?? i would..

All Pro
    I would double Welker with Cro and leonard and use Revis on Gronkowski... he's the a$$hole scoring touchdowns.

but that's just me.

All Pro
    shut down a side of the field

Veteran
    Gronkowski (and Hernandez if he returns from injury) will kill us. We are just completely incapable of defending TEs and the league knows it. Baltimore didn't even need to throw to WRs. They were most successful hitting Dickson or Pitta. I have nightmares of Eric Smith two steps behind TEs.

That said, it's a pick your poison. You need to find some way to stop Welker. No one has been able to yet and he's victimized opponents every week. I'd start out with Revis on Welker, Cromartie on Branch and Wilson/whoever else on Gronk.

If Gronk starts killing us, then move Revis on him, Wilson on Welker. I think Gronk needs to be treated as a WR. Same for Hernandez if he plays. Biggest mistake would be covering them like traditional TEs.

Man, I wish we had a TE who could be an unconventional receiving option for us...

Oh wait, we do....Dustin Keller. Our offensive coordinator just has no idea how to dynamically employ him.

Banned
    Welker has been shredding defenses this year even more so than in previous seasons so you have to consider Revis covering him for at least part of the game. Cro and Wilson should be able to matchup with Branch and Oldchostinko and hope that our safeties can contain the tight ends.

The Jets are going to use many different coverage schemes because if you give Brady the same look more than 3X in a game he is going to pick it apart. He's that good.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    He should cover Welker, he's the one who moves the chains more often than not
    +1
    He is putting up some ridiculous numbers this year! He already has 600+ receiving yards.

Hall Of Fame
    While I agree with this, we put our best guy on their best guy. Period. I think we should prepare ourselves to see some completed passes on Revis.

Gronk will be a big problem IMO.

Veteran
    can Revis cover everybody!?!

Practice Squad
    I don't think Revis' shirt tugging will go unnoticed if he covers Welker. Welker is not a one cut WR and all eyes will focus on that matchup. I'd like to see these two go at it.

Wilson Vs welker

We can with this matchup. Covering the TE is the greater problem.

Hall Of Fame
    If the pats are from 20-12 yards out it's going to welker. If it's 12 yards or closer it's going to one of their TE's.

All Pro
    Revis should definitely start out on Welker, no question, although I do understand what people are saying about how it isn't a great matchup for him. Still, I think he will do the job.

Cro on Branch is not what I want to see, tbh. I would much rather see him have a go at the TEs. What he loses in size (mass) he makes up for in being a taller than average CB with phenomenal athleticism. A matchup with a slower TE, comparative to a speedy/shifty WR, is more favorable in that his athleticism can actually make up for his lack of good technique.

I like the idea of giving Wilson another shot at Branch. Something tells me he won't disappoint.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    I will begin to lose a lot of respect for Rex Ryan if I see one passing play on Sunday where Revis is not covering Welker.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgreen13 View Post
    revis covers all the best WRs in football but we shouldn't trust him to cover welker?? i would..
    Agreed, its a no brainer Revis should be covering Welker.