Thread: Forget about Brady, Hernandez, the law firm blah blah..

Veteran

Forget about Brady, Hernandez, the law firm blah blah..

the key to stopping new england is stopping Wes Welker. If that asshat is contained the patriot machine comes to a grinding halt. Everyone wories about Brady and yes he's amazing but if anyone on the jets is here...free advice: stop wes welker and i gurantee you victory.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Achilles View Post
    the key to stopping new england is stopping Wes Welker. If that asshat is contained the patriot machine comes to a grinding halt. Everyone wories about Brady and yes he's amazing but if anyone on the jets is here...free advice: stop wes welker and i gurantee you victory.

Dude is shredding Defense this year. Saw the Raider game, and his routes are just bizarre, and so effective because Tom knows where he is going to be every second......really hard to stop. Gotta Revis him, but im sure the Pats are expecting this.

So , whats this "law firm" you speak of?

Banned
    I've watched alot of Welker this season and he is playing the best football of his career. Putting Revis on him for at least a significant amount of the snaps is a no-brainer otherwise that little POS is going to put up 2 td 150+yd burger on us.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

So , whats this "law firm" you speak of?
    Ben Jarvis Green Ellis

So many names it sounds like a Law Firm hence the nick name.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
    Ben Jarvis Green Ellis

So many names it sounds like a Law Firm hence the nick name.
    Ahhhh...thanks. Us west coasters are slow to receive this info.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Gronk and Welker are going to destroy us.

I'm fully expecting this Sunday's game to further grey my temples

Practice Squad
    If I'm the Jets, I put Revis on Branch, Cromartie on Hernandez, and the rest of the back 7 is responsible for Gronkowski and Welker. Ignore the run as they did with great results in the playoffs last year.

Make Brady wait for Welker, Gronk to get open among the crowded zones and let them run BJGE and Ridley at you. Hope for a sack or holding call. This is your only shot, really.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Stick View Post
    If I'm the Jets, I put Revis on Branch, Cromartie on Hernandez, and the rest of the back 7 is responsible for Gronkowski and Welker. Ignore the run as they did with great results in the playoffs last year.

Make Brady wait for Welker, Gronk to get open among the crowded zones and let them run BJGE and Ridley at you. Hope for a sack or holding call. This is your only shot, really.
    I think Jets mix it up, some of the time defend along these lines, other times put Revis on Welker. If just do same thing the whole time, Belichick and Brady will adjust.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    I think Jets mix it up, some of the time defend along these lines, other times put Revis on Welker. If just do same thing the whole time, Belichick and Brady will adjust.
    Agreed. Actually I think the above was basically the plan in the playoffs last year, so there will have to be some wrinkles thrown in.