Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predict the Date...

All League

Predict the Date...

....that Schotty gets fired, 'cause I think it's going to happen soon. I'm new to the "Fire Schotty!" Club, I think I finally see the light.

Anyway, let's see if anyone can hit the nail on the head with it...

Oct. 11, 2011

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Won't happen midseason no matter what IMO. There's a chance that his play-calling duties could be taken away though.

i disagree with most who think it wont happen midseason.

i think it will...if he is fired mid season it sends a message...the playbook is still here just a different guy calling the shots.

so with that my date for termination is 10/18/2011 assuming the offense still ****s the bed.

Nov 12, 20AND NEVER

Veteran
    October 24, 2011

All League
    That would be the worst solution to an ever growing problem. Dump the OC and bring in a new system mid season? Um, no.

Here is what cures our offense IMO:

First and foremost protect the QB. If we can't do that no OC can cure our ills
    Secondly, we have to run the football better than we have; a lot better than we have as a matter of fact.
    Third, and I have been saying this like a broken record, run some no huddle and hurry up and let Sanchez call some of his own plays at the LOS. This does a multitude of good including getting Schottenheimer out of the play calling for that time being. Maybe this will be the key to Mark finally learning how to read a defense and make the right call instead of telepgraphing each throw as he does now.

All League
    What have we seen from the Jets front office to suggest that brian schottenheimer's job is in jeopardy?

All League
    12/12/12

Banned
    January 5, 2012.

After missing the playoffs, Rex will throw Schotty under the bus and buy himself at least two more years.

Next year's excuse will be that we're installing a new offensive system, it takes time for the players to learn the system, blah blah blah.

Veteran
    december 21, 2012

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Achilles View Post
    december 21, 2012

Then the Galactic shift occurs then the Jets win the next 5 superbowls

Mark it

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Won't happen midseason no matter what IMO. There's a chance that his play-calling duties could be taken away though.
    I agree that a mid-season change is remote, I dont think they strip his play calling duties. What else would he do? Thats pretty much the OC's job. If they get to the point that they want to take away play calling, then I think they just fire him at that point.

If a mid season change were to happen, it would be after this weeks game against New england. They have the bye week to reset things and implement any changes they deem neccessary.

All Pro
    No chance it happens midseason.

If he's fired it will be after the season, assuming we miss the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    No chance it happens midseason.

If he's fired it will be after the season, assuming we miss the playoffs.
    Exactly the way it will play out

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    Exactly the way it will play out
    if they cut him loose by october...there's enough time to get it going

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Achilles View Post
    if they cut him loose by october...there's enough time to get it going
    the system won't necessarily change much, however the way the game is called and the adjustments will.

frankly, the system isn't flawed...its the in game management that stinks like hell.

Banned
    5000 AD

Schotty is going nowhere. It doesn't matter how obviously inept he is the OC for now until another team is dumb enough to hire him as an HC which won't be anytime soon.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    the system won't necessarily change much, however the way the game is called and the adjustments will.

frankly, the system isn't flawed...its the in game management that stinks like hell.
    4 recievers running elaborate patterns all ending in the same place beg to differ.

Another thing that drives me crazy is our WR/TEs never come back for the ball. They run their route and sit and wait for the ball. Some of this is Mark getting the ball late, but you have to charge back to the ball and thats something that needs to be coached and practiced and it doesn't seem we do either.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
    January 5, 2012.

After missing the playoffs, Rex will throw Schotty under the bus and buy himself at least two more years.

Next year's excuse will be that we're installing a new offensive system, it takes time for the players to learn the system, blah blah blah.
    So Rex should be gone?

All League
    4-3 at bye he stays
    2-5 or 3-4 at bye he is a goner