Thread: who is Revis guarding this weekend Welker or Stinko

who is Revis guarding this weekend Welker or Stinko

Curious to see who they put Revis on... I am hoping Welker and not the bust...

All Pro
    Forget Ocho ... it's between Welker and Branch.

Veteran
    Revis will be moved all over, and Brady will throw to whoever revis isn't on to much sucess.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Revis will be moved all over, and Brady will throw to whoever revis isn't on to much sucess.
    Agreed 100%. Rex's game plan for Revis vs. the Pats has seemingly always been to move Revis around and make the O identify his man.

The WR opposite Revis's WR will have a Pro-Bowl caliber game. Since Revis's man may be targeted once or twice at most, Cromartie is going to have yet another cardio fitness test and lose most battles.

At least he's not Lito Sheppard.

All League
    Rex should be hauled away for a psych evaluation if he puts Revis on Ocho instead of Welker. The Patriots playbook has stymied Ocho more than any CB this year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I'd be tempted to let Revis take Branch out and then put Wilson on Welker. Cromartie being tall and lanky really isn't a good match for either Branch or Welker. Plus Wilson's been playing slot for almost 2 years now, it would be a big adjustment to put him on the outside.

All League
    whenever there is only 1 receiver on a certain side, Revis will take that receiver and they'll roll the coverage over.

however, Pats usually go multiple receivers each side, in which case Revis should take Welker.

they'll probably also mix a lot of zone in because it worked last season vs. Brady

Veteran

What you're ignoring

The biggest threat is Gronkowski- too big for corners and too fast for lbs and some safety. Welker is slot guy mostly so he plays over the middle and doesn't get pinned to the sideline. Gronko is just ugly big and an easy target because of his size-bang him off timing. Branch is the real outside threat as Stinko doesn't fit in the Pats system( Cro can take him 1-1)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Forget Ocho ... it's between Welker and Branch.
    Negative, its between Wes Welker and Wes Welker.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I'd be tempted to let Revis take Branch out and then put Wilson on Welker. Cromartie being tall and lanky really isn't a good match for either Branch or Welker. Plus Wilson's been playing slot for almost 2 years now, it would be a big adjustment to put him on the outside.
    Revis on Welker (he makes this offense go)
    Cro and Wilson should rotate according to how many TE's are on the field. Meaning, Cro should cover the TE and Wilson should get Branch or Ocho with help from the safety.

I wouldn't be surprised if they run the ball 20-25 times against our new look linebacker crew.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JET Setting from Scranton View Post
    Negative, its between Wes Welker and Wes Welker.
    i agree & posted as much here.. revis is our best player.. let him cover the pasts* best receiver..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JET Setting from Scranton View Post
    Revis on Welker (he makes this offense go)
    Cro and Wilson should rotate according to how many TE's are on the field. Meaning, Cro should cover the TE and Wilson should get Branch or Ocho with help from the safety.

I wouldn't be surprised if they run the ball 20-25 times against our new look linebacker crew.
    i agree with this approach.

i think we'll see Revis alternating between Branch and Welker, and Wilson will pick up the other guy.

we'll probably see Cro on Hernandez.

Strickland can handle Ocho.

Welker no questions asked. But to be honest I bet we see Kyle Wilson on Welker at times.

The real question is, would you put Wilson on Welker and Revis on Gronk??

Hall Of Fame
    revis on gronk. how is he much different than V jackson or c johnson?

wilson on welker underneath technique with help on top.

cro on branch.

strickland on branch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i agree with this approach.

i think we'll see Revis alternating between Branch and Welker, and Wilson will pick up the other guy.

we'll probably see Cro on Hernandez.

Strickland can handle Ocho.
    +1

If Revis isn't on Welker for at least most of the game he's going to carve us up like every other defense he's played. If good Cro shows up on Sunday he should be able to handle Branch. Force them to beat us with Oldchostinko and hope our Smith and Leonhard don't have a meltdown against Gronkowski

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    revis on gronk. how is he much different than V jackson or c johnson?

wilson on welker underneath technique with help on top.

cro on branch.

strickland on branch.
    +1

This would be my preferred approach except cro would be on ocho and strickland on branch.