Thread: Drew Rosenhaus: 'NFL would fall apart without me'

Hall Of Fame

Drew Rosenhaus: 'NFL would fall apart without me'

Drew Rosenhaus is a polarizing figure in the National Football League. This is what happens when you're its most successful agent with a stable of some of the biggest names in the sport. It's also a testament to just how good he is at his job. Because if he didn't get his clients the best deals, we wouldn't be talking about him, and he wouldn't be featured on 60 Minutes this Sunday.

The man who many credit with making Willis McGahee a first-round pick despite suffering a devastating knee injury in his final college game

But Rosenhaus, at least to hear him tell it, is also the glue that holds the league together.

“I really believe that the NFL would fall apart without me,” Rosenhaus tells 60 Minutes' Scott Pelley. “That may sound cocky, that may sound arrogant, but I am telling you the truth. ...

“When it breaks down between the team and the player, the agent is there to pick up those pieces,” he says. “If a guy says ‘I want to be traded; I hate this team. I hate this coach.’ I say to the player, ‘Tell me, don’t tell the coach. I don’t want you to ruin your relationship with the team. Come to me,’”

Rosenhaus says he takes “a couple hundred" calls a day at all hours, gives his players advice about everything on and off the field, and he'll even visit them behind bars.

“There’s nothing, nothing tougher than that,” he tells Pelley.

Rosenhaus' client, Plaxico Burress would agree. He was released from prison this summer and Rosenhaus was there for him even though Burress' football future was far from certain.

“I didn’t expect anything less [from Rosenhaus]. Because…I know him as a person and you know where his heart is,” Burress tells Pelley.

But it's not all rainbows and unicorns; Rosenhaus is in the business of making money. And Sunday night, 60 Minutes gets a glimpse behind the curtain.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbsspor...75988/32566873

WOW!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    that "fall apart" statement is obviously ridiculous

but there is a misconception about Rosenhaus that he's tough to deal with, and that teams have a hard time dealing with him. Other than the Patriots, I don't think people avoid Rosenhaus. In fact he gets more deals done, faster, than most agents. Teams on the whole would rather deal with Drew Rosenhaus than the 1 client agent who is representing his brother or something and wants a home run deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    that "fall apart" statement is obviously ridiculous

but there is a misconception about Rosenhaus that he's tough to deal with, and that teams have a hard time dealing with him. Other than the Patriots, I don't think people avoid Rosenhaus. In fact he gets more deals done, faster, than most agents. Teams on the whole would rather deal with Drew Rosenhaus than the 1 client agent who is representing his brother or something and wants a home run deal.
    Methinks you are getting your agents confused. The Patriots have an excellent relationship with Rosenhaus and typically have several of his clients on their roster in any given year. It is Tom Condon whom they avoid like the plague.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Methinks you are getting your agents confused. The Patriots have an excellent relationship with Rosenhaus and typically have several of his clients on their roster in any given year. It is Tom Condon whom they avoid like the plague.
    Correct

Veteran
    so dumb it doesnt even warrant a response

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    ... Other than the Patriots...
    I don't know about his relationship with the Patriots, but I do believe it has been documented that he has a pretty unfortunate relationship with the Eagles. That's not me knocking him in general, just... citing an instance where a team does not really like dealing with him.

Banned
    Does Drew Rosenhaus truly believe that the NFL would fall apart without him? I find that remark pretty nieve on his part. The NFL was strong as ever before Drew, and they'll be just as strong without/after Drew. At the end of the night, he's just an agent. On the flip side, the NFL would fall apart without the fans, owners, players and coaches, but then again, Drew is only an agent. He's more than replaceable. Who would replace this agent? Simple, another agent.

Banned
    Drew Rosenhaus is the devil.