Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What good did you see out of this game?

Undrafted Free Agent

What good did you see out of this game?

What did you think we did well...

Sanchez:
    61.5% completion %
    one TD and Zero Picks
    Completed passes to eight different players

Greene:
    Avg'ed 4.0 ypc on 21 attempts
    1 TD zero Fumbles

Defense:
    Cromartie 1 Pick returned 42 yards.
    Pitoitua, Westerman (2), and Harris sacked brady a total of 4 times. In the other four games combined, he was sacked 4 times.

McKnight:
    Avg 39.6 yards per kick off return.

I would have loved to win this game but we didn't. We played a good game but with a bad outcome. And tts onto the next one. Miami will be looking to beat us on Hank Williams-less Monday Night. I'm nervous for this game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JET Setting from Scranton View Post

Sanchez:
    61.5% completion %
    one TD and Zero Picks

Greene:
    1 TD zero Fumbles

Defense:
    Pitoitua, Westerman (2), and Harris sacked brady a total of 4 times. In the other four games combined, he was sacked 4 times.

McKnight:

I would have loved to win this game but we didn't. We played a good game but with a bad outcome. And tts onto the next one. Miami will be looking to beat us on Hank Williams-less Monday Night. I'm nervous for this game.
    Westerman got to Brady..........

Hall Of Fame

Sanchez:
    61.5% completion %
    one TD and Zero Picks

Greene:
    1 TD zero Fumbles

Defense:

McKnight:

THANK YOU!

This is exactly my point. To say that the Jets played like garbage is ridiculous

All League
    I like the little we saw from Kerley. He needs to take over for Mason permanently.

the offense played pretty poorly. consider that the patsies were jsut about ranked 32 on defense yet they caused schitty's high flying offense to have 7 3 and outs.

i will agree that the defense looked better than the score because the offense did so poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    THANK YOU!

This is exactly my point. To say that the Jets played like garbage is ridiculous

Sanchez:
    61.5% completion %
    one TD and Zero Picks

Greene:
    1 TD zero Fumbles

Defense:

McKnight:

I get that Greene has sucked so far, but 4.0 YPC still isn't a "positive". We need him to be much better than that.

All Pro
    Sanchez was not a positive in this game.

He missed a bunch of makeable throws early (the ones behind Keller and Holmes) that killed drives, and he repeatedly failed to read blitzes correctly. His stat line was padded by the prevent defense late. On the plus side, he threw no picks and didn't fumble.

But he failed to exploit a bad defense in any way until the game was out of hand. Some of that is playcalling, but not all of it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola View Post

He missed a bunch of makeable throws early (the ones behind Keller and Holmes) that killed drives, and he repeatedly failed to read blitzes correctly. His stat line was padded by the prevent defense late. On the plus side, he threw no picks and didn't fumble.

But he failed to exploit a bad defense in any way until the game was out of hand. Some of that is playcalling, but not all of it.
    Not to mention how many times he whimps out throwing to the check down short of a first down on 3rd and 6 or 7

Shonne Green

Pass rush

That INT by Cro was a fluke. In reality, he got beat. Could have easily been a TD.

Sanchez:
    61.5% completion %
    two TD and Zero Picks

Greene:
    1 TD zero Fumbles

Defense:

McKnight:

Fixed

Rookie

Well then you have to add in our WR/FB drops. How different is the Q1 if the FB catches that pass for a first down? Plax and Holmes both had some drops.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nclion View Post
    Well then you have to add in our WR/FB drops. How different is the Q1 if the FB catches that pass for a first down? Plax and Holmes both had some drops.
    Very true. Plax had a huge drop

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I thought the OL gave Greene some holes to run through, and Greene showed some glimpses of the hard nosed RB he's been in the past.

It was nice to see Kerley produce when called on.

Westerman's two sacks were promising. Maybin was applying some heat as well, and drew at least one holding call.

The defense plays decent. 30 points is 30 points, but there were on the field a lot with the offense going 3 and out about 500 times.

Mangold, Moore and Slauson played extremely well... In turn, Greene played well between the tackles...

Hunter wasn't awful...

Kerley looks to be acclimating to the NFL...

Special Teams played great... McKnight especially... Folk had great kickoffs all game, especially the high pop up just inside the endzone that pinned the Pasts at the 14 or 15...

Westerman showed he can play passing downs in BT's position... But Bryan Thomas was sorely missed in run support...

Kyle Wilson with another solid performance...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nclion View Post
    True, but Mark also missed some open guys. He threw behind Keller on the first series, and behind Holmes on the third.

He certainly played better than the week before, but I wasn't impressed given how bad the defense was.

Again, some of that is on the playcalling. But he needs to make all the layups.

I thought the team played well. They couldn't stop BJGE on the last clinching drive which was disturbing but other than that they were pretty much in the game the whole time. Finally some nice holes opened up for Greene.

Without question, it was a step up from the Ravens game.

It wasn't a terrible performance, but it wasn't good enough. There's improvements to be made everywhere if the team wants to make the playoffs. I expect the Jets to take out frustrations on the Dolphins next week.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I like the little we saw from Kerley. He needs to take over for Mason permanently.
    +1

Kid was amped after his TD. Was pacing the sideline during the next defensive series with his helmet on.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    sanchez was beating the blitz with sharp passes by the end of the game... i think they can build on that

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    sanchez was beating the blitz with sharp passes by the end of the game... i think they can build on that
    The issue with Mark is that, even on his best days, it always takes him 15-20 minutes to catch up to the game. This is understandable for a young QB, but less so for a third-year starter.

He's almost never sharp early.

Undrafted Free Agent

Disagree, He spread the ball to eight different receivers, had a great completion %, and avoided costly turnovers that plagued him less than a week ago. He really performed well against a tough division opponent. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough.

I'll leave you with this: Sanchez didn't fail to execute the plays that were being called.