Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: What effect will Jason Taylor have on the Monday night Game

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303

    What effect will Jason Taylor have on the Monday night Game

    We all know this cat is just about done as an impact pass rusher,but he can still give the coaches insight as to the scheme of the Jets on both offense and defense.

    Having played in our defense and knowing the calls,he should be able to see an alignment and have some idea of what the defense is trying to accomplish.

    Having line up against the offense,he should have some idea of what the offense is trying to get the defense to do so they can best attack .

    With that being said,and the fact that these 2 teams usually play close nit games,who has the edge .

    Rex has to call the game so as to confuse Jason Taylor and the Miami coaching staff and Schooty has to give Taylor just enough rope to filet the fish.

    Should be an interesting chess Match and should go along way into shedding some light on the ability of both Jets coaches to game plan.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,929
    seeing how Schoddy will just be rolling out the same game plan from '09, chances are pretty good Taylor will have an effect.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    He'll line up over Hunter and have 12 sacks for the game.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,172
    We can't even figure out our own offensive attack - how can anyone else??

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    I hope DBrick pancakes the POS and crushes his sternum. I want to see them wheel the scumbag off the field on a cart. Nothing life threatening, but season/career ending.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I hope DBrick pancakes the POS and crushes his sternum. I want to see them wheel the scumbag off the field on a cart. Nothing life threatening, but season/career ending.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,805
    I doubt he has much impact. They have a terrible offense and our defensive game plan has generally pretty fluid under Rex.

    Hopefully the Fins are dumb enough to put him in coverage so we can take advantage of his high end speed.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,458
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    We can't even figure out our own offensive attack - how can anyone else??
    LOL +1 too funny, but somewhat true....

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hades
    Posts
    2,297
    whyd he go back to the fish..JT was solid for us last season

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You want to hear real vitriol? Show up in my family room Monday night when they cut to Taylor on the field. I will be livid. Only now, I don't have to curtail my anger at that washed up dope because he's no longer in green & white.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    We can't even figure out our own offensive attack - how can anyone else??
    The best way to explain this is to examine what is happening with the Colts.Take Peyton Manning away,and the defense can't stop anyone and the offense can't score when they need to.

    Same coach as last yr,same scheme as for ever but completely different team.The only change is the trigger man.

    If you don't have a franchise Qb in the NFL,you have no chance and we presently don't have a franchise QB.I don't care if Muttly was his OC,this Sanchise would screw up the Plays.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You want to hear real vitriol? Show up in my family room Monday night when they cut to Taylor on the field. I will be livid. Only now, I don't have to curtail my anger at that washed up dope because he's no longer in green & white.
    That sounds like me talking about you-know-who at game time.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I hope DBrick pancakes the POS and crushes his sternum. I want to see them wheel the scumbag off the field on a cart. Nothing life threatening, but season/career ending.
    I don't understand the sudden hostility. You were always such a supporter of the Jason Taylor move when it happened.

    Your inexplicable 180 is a bit disingenuous, no?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The best way to explain this is to examine what is happening with the Colts.Take Peyton Manning away,and the defense can't stop anyone and the offense can't score when they need to.

    Same coach as last yr,same scheme as for ever but completely different team.The only change is the trigger man.

    If you don't have a franchise Qb in the NFL,you have no chance and we presently don't have a franchise QB.I don't care if Muttly was his OC,this Sanchise would screw up the Plays.
    I agree that more of the blame needs to go to Sanchez, and less to Schotty, but I don't think Schotty is without blame. I do think that using Peyton Manning as an example is a bad argument.

    Peyton doesn't need an offensive coordinator like 31 other starting QB's do.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You want to hear real vitriol? Show up in my family room Monday night when they cut to Taylor on the field. I will be livid. Only now, I don't have to curtail my anger at that washed up dope because he's no longer in green & white.
    Dude,I understand.I didn't want that smelly fish on my team.Of all the Teams in the NFL,Miami is the 1 i dislike the most.As a matter of fact,if we could give Miami or anything with the word Miami in it along with the entire Shula family to cubai would lose zero sleep.

    I didn't want Brian Cox on my Jets and i have a hard time accepting the Fact that Chad Pennington wears that stinking uniform.

    The traitor.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't understand the sudden hostility. You were always such a supporter of the Jason Taylor move when it happened.

    Your inexplicable 180 is a bit disingenuous, no?
    LOL! That guy crossed the line with Jet fans so many times it's not funny. And not like it was gamesmanship. He has a true dislike for all things NY Jets, especially the fans.

    Watching games last year with that moron in our uniform was really difficult for me. It just felt wrong/dirty. Now that he's no longer a Jet, I hope he gets f**King destroyed/embarrassed on Monday night.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    That sounds like me talking about you-know-who at game time.
    I would give five years of my life to witness that interaction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Dude,I understand.I didn't want that smelly fish on my team.Of all the Teams in the NFL,Miami is the 1 i dislike the most.As a matter of fact,if we could give Miami or anything with the word Miami in it along with the entire Shula family to cubai would lose zero sleep.

    I didn't want Brian Cox on my Jets and i have a hard time accepting the Fact that Chad Pennington wears that stinking uniform.

    The traitor.
    Pretty much how I feel. Miami and the Giants are neck & neck for my most despised. But Taylor is on another level entirely.

    I also lost a ton of respect for Chad when he went to Miami. He knew better, and--I'm sure--could have found work in another division.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    23,372
    he'll have a major impact at the handshakes thing at the end of the game before he leaves the field with his Dolphins retaining their PERFECT SEASON at 0-5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us