Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitter Sour Grapes From Mason; Jets Are Dead To Him

All Pro

Bitter Sour Grapes From Mason; Jets Are Dead To Him

Derrick Mason is publicly venting about being traded away to the Texans after five games. He obviously has issues about this or he would just shut up and play. He won't even say 'the Jets' out loud but refers to them as 'that other team', and says the three teams on his resume are Ravens, Titans and Texans. He just looooooooooves the Texans, and his talented QB (that will hopefully throw him 30 more passes for catches).

As far as Mason is concerned, his five-game career with the Jets -- before he was unceremoniously traded to the Texans last week for what amounted to a pack of bubble gum -- is blank space on the back of his
    football card.
    "To me, I went from Baltimore to here [the Texans]," Mason told The Post
    after the Ravens beat his new team 29-14. "I don't know what you're talking about when you mention that other place, but this place here I'm excited about. "The two teams that I've played for -- Tennessee (where he spent his first eight seasons) and Baltimore (where he spent the last six) --that's all I care about. They respected what I did as a player -- inside the locker room, on the field and outside the locker room. That's all I care about
    And in a refrain reminiscent of Schoddy reminding us what a good coach he is, Mason insists he is a 'smart young man', and learned the Texans' offense in 4 days, whereas he has been accused of not being able to learn the Jets' offense. Even if this is partially because Schoddy's offense is so complicated, this really stinks.

The Jets' public spin on why they traded Mason -- despite being thin at the receiver position even with him -- was all about his lack of production.
    Privately, team sources said Mason was having trouble learning the offense.

Mason heard that talk and it rankled him, which is why he took delight in the fact that, despite having less than four days to learn the Texans' system, he caught three passes for 27 yards, including an 11-yard third-down catch on Houston's opening drive.

"Listen, I'm a very, very bright young man," he said sarcastically. "I'm very smart. I was here for three or four days and I picked up on a lot of plays and they threw a lot at me."

Mason's repeated high praise of Texans quarterback Matt Schaub clearly indicated he wasn't very high on Mark Sanchez, who when Mason was traded had a very disinterested, lukewarm response -- an indication he wasn't heartbroken to see Mason dealt.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...#ixzz1b3RCKTyb
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 10-17-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Maybe if he wasn't so concerned about going to Ruth Chris's he'd be here.

Hall Of Fame
    Sucks that Mason lost TWICE to the Ravens in the same season

Hall Of Fame
    Very nice job of the Jets in retooling their their WR position in the off season.

In this case the 'tool' part is particularly on the money. Biggest off season blunder by far was the Jets taking a non problem area and making it into a big problem area.

Hall Of Fame
    considering his considerable lack of ability and performance as a Jet he's pretty much right about being traded directly from the Ravens to the Texans...

hopefully the slow washed up old stiff catches enough balls to yield us a 7th round pick which is more than he is worth

Mason is a bum.

All Pro
    Did he slip and fall down as he was making that statement ??

Banned
    Who cares? I just hope he gets 10+ catches next week.

Glad to see that the opinions of Pats fans and Jets fans on this guy are now aligned.

Rookie
    just catch the ball 33 times and then we can say we got more than a pack of bubble gum for him

All League
    Who is Mason?

Veteran
    kthxbye.

All Pro
    I'd probably be bitter if I was him too.

He came here thinking he was still the same, quality player he's always been. Thought he would be a key cog in the offense.

Not only was he basically irrelevant as a Jet, but he was replaced by a rookie who's clearly better than he is right now.

I'm sure it's tough to accept that you're a has-been and Mason hasn't come to this realization yet.

All League
    Sounds like this guy is a grade A dirtbag from what I am hearing/reading.

Big mouth.

Wanted special treatment.

Slow to learn offense.

**** talker.

Wanted to start a lockerroom revolution.....

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYA.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Glad to see that the opinions of Pats fans and Jets fans on this guy are now aligned.
    yeah.

it sucks that the Jets didn't do any genius moves like trade two draft picks for Ocho Cinco

who cares.

mason, I actually thought your comments after BALT game were much needed.

but you got traded get over it.

Veteran
    mason got schotty gone so idk why the hate. im glad mason chose the jets...he played his role however small...best of luck and i hope he catches 50..tanny shoulda made it both ways..if he catches like 50 or something jets get a 3rd.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I'd probably be bitter if I was him too.

He came here thinking he was still the same, quality player he's always been. Thought he would be a key cog in the offense.

Not only was he basically irrelevant as a Jet, but he was replaced by a rookie who's clearly better than he is right now.

I'm sure it's tough to accept that you're a has-been and Mason hasn't come to this realization yet.
    guys close to 1000 receptions. mason is steady but he comes here and does nothin' his production in HOU is worth watching

I love how you guys are all ripping mason when the real problem is the Jets OC. This thread is pathetic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    I love how you guys are all ripping mason when the real problem is the Jets OC. This thread is pathetic.
    We're Jets fans. The guy is taking a shot at the Jets. Screw him.