Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solid division win... thoughts...

Hall Of Fame

Solid division win... thoughts...

Slow start, nothing more needs to be said, this team came out FLAT. They seemed tentative and shaken, desperate to gain confidence. I hope they got it out of their system because they need to start fast, and maybe the win is what they needed.

OL pass protection was outstanding, wow, a much improved unit.

Despite a slow start, I like how the offense got physical and started executing after a couple of big plays, they found their rhythm, that was important because they were definitely a unit looking to find themselves. Sanchez was erratic, and missed some plays, including a wide open Keller for a TD. To me, it seemed Sanchez had a faster mental clock given pass protection issues the last couple of weeks, and he rushed the plays, especially early where he didn't let plays develop. Once he figured out that his pass protection was there, he settled down.

Plax is still showing rust, need to work him on the intermediate routes, hopefully as he progresses through the season, he gets his legs back, because he definitely struggled tonight. I think he's close though, he's catching the ball with his hands, you can tell it's all timing and rust, and this has exacerbated the problems and timing in the passing game, and is contributing to the slow starts and some of Sanchez struggles.

Once the offense went on their first scoring drive and established a rhythm, they got physical, and it seemed that is the way they wanted to play the rest of the way.

Love the way Rex handled the Moore/Holmes situation, slapping the C on Moore, and sending them both out for the coin toss.

I noticed Josh Baker active tonight, would love to see him get into the offense.

McKnight continues to make plays, really going to enjoy McKnight and Kerley get more involved in this offense, t his will be critical for Sanchez and the passing game, they are weapons underneath, and McKnight showed some real nice ability on his one big pass reception.

OL was outstanding, would have liked to see them open up more holes in the run game, but it's coming.

I REALLY think the biggest issue for the team right now is the lack of padded practices early, it's hurt the Jets a lot because of their identity, everybody questions what their identity is, they are a balanced offense that wants to run the ball and be physical, it's REALLY hard to establish that rhythm when they can't practice and get repetitions.

Defense played well, but I thought they had some holes early, they eventually imposed their will and were flying around by the second half. It seemed they too were trying to figure things out and what the Dolphins were going to do. It's tough to face a team for the first time with a new QB when there isn't much film on the team and what their tendencies are, it seemed to me it took a little while for the Jets to figure things out.

Revis... WOW!!!! Big time player, making big time plays...

Loved Maybin's performance, I think he's up to 2.5 sacks now and 2 FF's?

Pace was a beast

Westerman got another sack.

I loved the goal line stance, for me, the best part of the night, Ellis and MTV were HUGE on that goal line series...

Division win, the Dolphins, for whatever reason, always play us tough, they were also coming off their bye...

Good solid division win, but much work to do, especially with the timing and rhythm in the passing game.

Short week, but the Chargers have to come out from the west, and it's a 1 pm start, that is tough on a west coast team.

Hall Of Fame
    Fire Schotty!

Practice Squad
    And it starts in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Same old, Same old.

D is carrying the team totally. Not as good a squad as a whole as years past, mostyl due to kids learning on the job, but still the best unit on the field by far for us, and getting better. Helped to play an utterly fail O like the Phins, where poor old Moore couldn;t find a receiever who actually had any hands tonight.

O is horrible, slow and both inconsistent and unproductive. So much so I actually wondered if playcalling had been changed for the last drive before the half.

To the O's credit, they finally got a more consistent, intelligent gameplay going from that drive on (i.e. alot more dedication to the run), which paid off in more playaction and more opportunities downfield (one o fthe few things the MNF crew got right tonight, how the shoft away fromt herun has really hurt us and the playaction option).

If the Phins WR catch even half their drops, or Bush doesn;t pop his neck, would have been a close game. Thankfully, they didn't and he did, and it wasn't.

Jets still have a very long road to even be close to a playoff team as yet. D has the makings.....O has the talent, but remains held back by the scheme and playcalling.

Most important, a win is a win, doesn;t matter what sad-sack bag of fail it's earned against. 3-3 means the season remains quite alive. And thats what counts.

On to San Diego. See if this win rises our tides.
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-18-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Only you, RayRay, only you.

This is not the definition of a solid win. Miami is checked out, and might just be the worst team in the NFL. Our offense looks sluggish and our defense looks uninspired half the time.

Can we get a W vs SD? Not if they play like tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Only you, RayRay, only you.

This is not the definition of a solid win. Miami is checked out, and might just be the worst team in the NFL. Our offense looks sluggish and our defense looks uninspired half the time.

Can we get a W vs SD? Not if they play like tonight.
    Solid division win, division wins aren't easy.

What are the "only you" comments for?

BTW, a player had a great game was Wayne Hunter, everybody's whipping boy, he completely shut down Cameron Wake, a top pass rusher, again the pass protection was outstanding tonight.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Solid division win, division wins aren't easy.

What are the "only you" comments for?

BTW, a player had a great game was Wayne Hunter, everybody's whipping boy, he completely shut down Cameron Wake, a top pass rusher, again the pass protection was outstanding tonight.

Cameron Wake played tonight?

Hall Of Fame
    a win is a win

just back from the game

a win is a win

3-3

bring on norv and the bolts.

solid or liquid??? don't really give a damn

it was a WIN

crowd was great, revis going 101 was great, shutting down the stinking fish was nice

those of you who want to nitpick or wail and whine and gnash their teeth for the next 6 days --- go at it -- have a great time doing so

I'm done talking about this game

LETS TALK ABOUT SAN DIEGO

Hall Of Fame
    and one final thought about the teeth gnashers and nit pickers....

TWO players that I thought had exceptional games tonight were

Kyle Wilson

AND

Joe McKnight

the very two players that the teeth gnashing angst brigade declared TOTAL BUSTS more than 12 months ago

Kyle Wilson who is now an integral part of the secondary and Joe McKnight that is so many miles better than Danny Woodcock that it is a joke to compare the two anymore

LESSON to be learned

Very easy to give up on a player too damn early

Slow start, nothing more needs to be said, this team came out FLAT. They seemed tentative and shaken, desperate to gain confidence. I hope they got it out of their system because they need to start fast, and maybe the win is what they needed.

Despite a slow start, I like how the offense got physical and started executing after a couple of big plays, they found their rhythm, that was important because they were definitely a unit looking to find themselves. Sanchez was erratic, and missed some plays, including a wide open Keller for a TD. To me, it seemed Sanchez had a faster mental clock given pass protection issues the last couple of weeks, and he rushed the plays, especially early where he didn't let plays develop. Once he figured out that his pass protection was there, he settled down.

Plax is still showing rust, need to work him on the intermediate routes, hopefully as he progresses through the season, he gets his legs back, because he definitely struggled tonight. I think he's close though, he's catching the ball with his hands, you can tell it's all timing and rust, and this has exacerbated the problems and timing in the passing game, and is contributing to the slow starts and some of Sanchez struggles.

Once the offense went on their first scoring drive and established a rhythm, they got physical, and it seemed that is the way they wanted to play the rest of the way.

Love the way Rex handled the Moore/Holmes situation, slapping the C on Moore, and sending them both out for the coin toss.

I noticed Josh Baker active tonight, would love to see him get into the offense.

McKnight continues to make plays, really going to enjoy McKnight and Kerley get more involved in this offense, t his will be critical for Sanchez and the passing game, they are weapons underneath, and McKnight showed some real nice ability on his one big pass reception.

OL was outstanding, would have liked to see them open up more holes in the run game, but it's coming.

I REALLY think the biggest issue for the team right now is the lack of padded practices early, it's hurt the Jets a lot because of their identity, everybody questions what their identity is, they are a balanced offense that wants to run the ball and be physical, it's REALLY hard to establish that rhythm when they can't practice and get repetitions.

Defense played well, but I thought they had some holes early, they eventually imposed their will and were flying around by the second half. It seemed they too were trying to figure things out and what the Dolphins were going to do. It's tough to face a team for the first time with a new QB when there isn't much film on the team and what their tendencies are, it seemed to me it took a little while for the Jets to figure things out.

Pace was a beast

I loved the goal line stance, for me, the best part of the night, Ellis and MTV were HUGE on that goal line series...

Division win, the Dolphins, for whatever reason, always play us tough, they were also coming off their bye...

Good solid division win, but much work to do, especially with the timing and rhythm in the passing game.

Short week, but the Chargers have to come out from the west, and it's a 1 pm start, that is tough on a west coast team.
    ray let it be known that I agree with 95% of this post.

Banned
    JETS WILL GET THIS AFC EAST TITLE FROM PATS

Quote Originally Posted by MERLIN View Post
    JETS WILL GET THIS AFC EAST TITLE FROM PATS
    you are strangely one of my favorite posters.

Hall Of Fame
    We should stop trying to run the short passing game. Sanchez seems jumpy on the quick routes and doesn't get his feet set. On the longer developing routes he is forced to set up, much better.

Greene may not be a feature back. I would like to see what McKnight can do as a feature back.

We got very lucky last night early. The Dolphins should have put up 2 TD's and we came away with a 7 3 lead. Guys wide open in the end zone. A better QB and it's a different game.

Our safety play is atrocious in the passing game.

The line play on both sides was very good. Revis is not only great his reputation is starting to pay off. Great players get the benifit of the doubt and that will pay dividends for us for years.

Lots of fixable stuff if we can get to the bye with another win we may get this thing going. The safety play is a problem I'm not sure we can fix?

All League

Pace was a beast

Opened this thread expecting silly Rah Rah stuff.
    Have to say that most of this post is dead on.

Your BOLDED comments fit all NFL teams so can't use that as an excuse. Player turnover happens to everyone so lack of familiarity will effect the entire league.

Our issue going forward remains the same: Shoddy & Mark's being on two different planets.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    a win is a win

just back from the game

a win is a win

3-3

bring on norv and the bolts.

solid or liquid??? don't really give a damn

it was a WIN

crowd was great, revis going 101 was great, shutting down the stinking fish was nice

those of you who want to nitpick or wail and whine and gnash their teeth for the next 6 days --- go at it -- have a great time doing so

I'm done talking about this game

LETS TALK ABOUT SAN DIEGO
    I agree. A win is a win.

This is the NFL, there are no good losses and there are no bad wins. After a slow start, the Jets dominated the game over the last two and a half quarters. Over the last two and a half quarters, jets held the ball 24 minutes to Miami 12, and they outgained the Dolphins by about 300 yards to 150. They moved the ball consistently until the 4th quarter where they just tried to run out the clock.

Once the offense started to stay on the field, the defense looked a lot better, especially in the 4th quarter. 3 sacks, a fumble recovery, and interception.

I know it was the winless Dolphins, but a win is a win. We needed a win, we got a win.

Now, lets bring on the Chargers (and my first visit to NMS) go JETS!!!

Banned
    The Good:

- O-Line was much better. Wayne Hunter shut down Cam Wake. It was his best game of the season.

- Sanchez and the offense finally found a rhythm late in the 2nd quarter.

- Revis is our only true star player.

- Kenrick Ellis is going to be a monster in the future. Our D-Line is going to be really good in a year or two.

- I've jumped on the Maybin bandwagon. He looks like a raw rookie, but maybe they can mold him into something. His motor runs nonstop and he's fast as hell.

The Bad:

- Schottenheimer is an absolute train wreck. That halfback pass on 3rd and 4? Really, you stupid f*ck? Everyone stays in except the QB on that play? That's a play kids draw up in the mud when they're playing backyard football with their friends. NFL teams don't run horsesh!t like that. That play was embarrassing.

- The offense still has a lot to work on.

- The run defense stunk. Reggie Bush looked like he was back at USC, playing against some dogsh!t Pac 10 team. Guys missed tackles and they seem unable to seal the edge.

- That fumble on the kickoff return could have been a devastating mistake. Lucky for us Matt Moore decided to challenge Revis all night.

Overall I'm happy we won. But this team is still not looking like a playoff team. They have a lot to improve on.

Shotty is horrible. Some of his play calls are just so stupid.

Sanchez is awful. He will NEVER be a top 10 QB in the NFL. I am now totally convinced of that.

Indeed. A win is a win.

But we're chasing two teams better than us in our own division right now. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it.

If it takes us 24 minutes to get a first down against almost any other team we'll be behind 14-3 or 21-3 and the D will get tired and cranky and it'll be a blowout. Guaranteed.

If we compile 9 yards of total offense in the first quarter and have 4 straight 3 and outs we will lose most of those games.

I'm really at a loss for the reasons why but this 2011 Jets team is not very good. Some players are flashing but as a whole the TEAM is simply not very cohesive. We can look at the play-calling but allowing Reggie Bush to get outside and get yards inside is not the hallmark of a stout D. And if Matt Moore had even half a clue the fins would have buried us early. We came out flat, unprepared, tentaive on both sides of the ball.

I'll say it again for emphasis: 24 minutes before we got a first down. That is completely unacceptable. Against the Dolphins.THE.WORST.TEAM.IN.THE.NFL.

I do appreciate Ray's enthusiasm and have been a fan for 40+ years. Unfortunately for many of you who like to sing our high holy praises regardless of the product on the field..I see real problems with this team. Slow starts. Mark is playing very poorly. We can't run the ball early and effectively. We can't stop the run. Revis aside, our secondary sucks.

I suspect Schotenheimer has no confidence in Mark right now and keeps calling the high percentage stuff and Mark looks like the proverbial Deer-in-the-headlights..not sure of his first read, double-clutching, missing-the wide-open-guy, taking way too much time in the pocket...really has regressed. If this were against a good team with a pass rush, it would have been a real disaster a la the Ravens or Cowboys who gave Mark fits.

Happy for the win but my expectations for this team are very low.

Hall Of Fame
    a win is a win

that's all, folks

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    a win is a win

that's all, folks

That's true. Just keep in mind who we've beaten: The Cowboys who beat themselves.

The very hapless Jaguars-the 2nd worst team in football and...ta da
    The Dolphins. THE.WORST.TEAM.IN.FOTBALL.

There is a real difference in watching teams that are good and playing well together and our current Jets team. We looked horrible for a major portion of last night's game. That performance against the Chargers, Pats and Bills will not have the same outcome.