Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burress's perfromance today in the Red Zone

Rookie

Burress's perfromance today in the Red Zone

was why the Jets got him. Although I am a big fan of Braylon, can't see him making those plays.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    was why the Jets got him. Although I am a big fan of Braylon, can't see him making those plays.
    I disagree. Braylon could do all of this. We just never used him in this manner when we should have. It took us 7 games into the season before we started using Plaxico like this. This is how he can dominate a game.

Throw deep bombs, and fades is not how you use plax. You throw it up and to him and he'll come down with the ball. THey were playing plax 1on1 all game and we made them pay.

I was very glad to see that we finally figured out the right way to use Plax. I've heard Tom moore was back at Jets facilities this week. Is it a coindence it was also our best week on O?

Banned
    SO what was different about today than any other week? Was it that SD covered him differently? Was it that Moore was on the sideline saying THROW THE FN BALL TO PLAXI in the redzone? Was it that they just executed better?

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Wow I cant believe how many people have Braylon Edwards on their fantasy football team.

Banned
    Plax is 6' 6" if we cant get him the ball in the red zone we have a problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I disagree. Braylon could do all of this. We just never used him in this manner when we should have. It took us 7 games into the season before we started using Plaxico like this. This is how he can dominate a game.

Throw deep bombs, and fades is not how you use plax. You throw it up and to him and he'll come down with the ball. THey were playing plax 1on1 all game and we made them pay.

I was very glad to see that we finally figured out the right way to use Plax. I've heard Tom moore was back at Jets facilities this week. Is it a coindence it was also our best week on O?
    Braylon can do it all and I agree with you.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    SO what was different about today than any other week? Was it that SD covered him differently? Was it that Moore was on the sideline saying THROW THE FN BALL TO PLAXI in the redzone? Was it that they just executed better?
    for the most part they did execute much better and the run game took pressure from Sanchez.

not sure about this. braylon did bring things that plax doesn't...but plax is a much better red zone target then braylon is.

deep bombs and fades is braylon.

pitch and catch is plax.

sanchez and plax seem to be making progress and it's going to start to show.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    not sure about this. braylon did bring things that plax doesn't...but plax is a much better red zone target then braylon is.

deep bombs and fades is braylon.

pitch and catch is plax.

sanchez and plax seem to be making progress and it's going to start to show.
    What is Plax's career high in TDs? Braylon's?

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Wow I cant believe how many people have Braylon Edwards on their fantasy football team.

How about Santonio? On his way to another 700 to 800 yard season? 49th in the league in receiving yards? Worth every penny.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    How about Santonio? On his way to another 700 to 800 yard season? 49th in the league in receiving yards? Worth every penny.
    You mean the other Superbowl winning wide receiver? What about him? Are you a Jet fan or a pastie troll?

Rookie
    I hear you, but what were they going to do? Bunch of teams were trying to sign him. Hopefully we can convince Bratlon to come back next year.

You mean the other Superbowl winning wide receiver? What about him? Are you a Jet fan or a pastie troll?
    O-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d. Really, you're going to use the Superbowl argument? Deion Branch was a Superbowl MVP. He must be better than say, Steve Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    I hear you, but what were they going to do? Bunch of teams were trying to sign him. Hopefully we can convince Bratlon to come back next year.
    I understand, but there are some people here who put Braylon down and act like Santonio is some stud WR. He's not.

Veteran
    Thats the only thing Holmes has on his resume. He was never took over a game just made a few clutch catches. He's a good #2 reciever nothing more nothing less. Holmes is severly overated by this fanbase. Pittsburg doesn't miss him one bit, wallance is better in ever way and its the only reason they let him go.

I do think braylon could be used like we used plax today, and he wouldn't be as good because he's 3 inches shorter, but he'd still be deadly.

Regardless Puress had a big game, and hopefully he starts to drawn double coverage in the redzone allowing our other recievers to get open. They were BEGGING Sanchez to throw it burress as they played him 1on1 all game. We took advantage and hopefully that will pay dividends going forward.

Thats the only thing Holmes has on his resume. He was never took over a game just made a few clutch catches. He's a good #2 reciever nothing more nothing less. Holmes is severly overated by this fanbase. Pittsburg doesn't miss him one bit, wallance is better in ever way and its the only reason they let him go.

I do think braylon could be used like we used plax today, and he wouldn't be as good because he's 3 inches shorter, but he'd still be deadly.

Regardless Puress had a big game, and hopefully he starts to drawn double coverage in the redzone allowing our other recievers to get open. They were BEGGING Sanchez to throw it burress as they played him 1on1 all game. We took advantage and hopefully that will pay dividends going forward.
    Dude, Dexter Jackson was better than John Lynch, cause he's got a Superbowl MVP. Eli the stud Manning has got one, too.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    O-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d. Really, you're going to use the Superbowl argument? Deion Branch was a Superbowl MVP. He must be better than say, Steve Smith.
    Experience. Plain and simple. Santonio and Plaxico know what it takes to play 21 games. I cant send this team enough luck in winning the Superbowl this season so that useless retreads can be resigned next season just to please some armchair QBs.

Experience. Plain and simple. Santonio and Plaxico know what it takes to play 21 games. I cant send this team enough luck in winning the Superbowl this season so that useless retreads can be resigned next season just to please some armchair QBs.
    Santonio and Plaxico know what what it takes to play 21 games? So, does Braylon. It takes two seasons, considering you can't play 21 games in a season. I would expect someone who doesn't know how many regular season + playoff games are in a season to think Santonio Holmes is a great WR.

Didn't the Jets get to the AFC Championship with Braylon as the #1 WR? Did Santonio push them over the hump? Mike Wallace looks 100x better than Santonio. Santonio is about as overrated as it gets.

Sign me up for Deion Branch. That will get us to the promised land.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 10-23-2011 at 08:56 PM.

All League
    Name the last time Braylon Edwards had 3 TDs

**** that.

We got Plax and he looks nasty.

Let's do this.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Name the last time Braylon Edwards had 3 TDs

**** that.

We got Plax and he looks nasty.

Let's do this.
    Like I said, we never used Braylon like this, but we shoudl have. I like plax and I was happy we signed him and I wasn't upset with him like some on this board. He's been our best reciever this year even though we haven't been using him properly and he's had some bad drops.

I hope he keeps it up and opens things up for our offense.