Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can the Jets stop Jackson & screen play

Veteran

Can the Jets stop Jackson & screen play

??
    I feel this will hurt the Jets sunday.

Banned
    We've shut down Fred Jackson dating back to 2008. He's never done anything against us. This Sunday won't be any different. Not only have we shut down Jackson, but we've also made Fitzpatrick look like dog ****.

All Pro
    yes There is nothing about this team that scares me.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenNY View Post
    We've shut down Fred Jackson dating back to 2008. He's never done anything against us. This Sunday won't be any different. Not only have we shut down Jackson, but we've also made Fitzpatrick look like dog ****.
    i hope that trend continues but i have been impressed with both of them this season, especially jackson..

Veteran
    If the ends and backers release as soon as they realize its a screen and don’t go for the sack then we'll eat it up. Can't over-commit.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... will be happy having mauga & mayhem's speed on some of the plays out there ...

l_j_r

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    yes There is nothing about this team that scares me.
    Ignorance truly is bliss I guess.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Fred Jackson is on pace for 1700 rushing yards this season. This isn't the 2008 version.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    ??
    I feel this will hurt the Jets sunday.
    Wait, you're a Buffalo fan too? A couple of weeks ago the Chargers were going to make it a long day. And wasn't Miami a trap game? If it were up to you the Jets would be 0 and 7. Did you have your Mom drive you trick or treating? Can't be too careful. It's a scary world out there....something bad is sure to happen...

Hall Of Fame
    Maybin is going to have a monster game against the team and fans that trashed him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daquix View Post
    Fred Jackson is on pace for 1700 rushing yards this season. This isn't the 2008 version.
    Who said anything about 2008's version? I simply pointed out that we've had our way against Fred Jackson over the past 3 years. Lets take a closer look at last season. Not 2008, but 2010...

16 rushes, 56 rushing yards (3.5 yards per carrt), 0 rushing TD's, 1 reception, 13 receiving yards and 0 TD receptions combined during two games.

I'm sorry, but fans are talking up Fred Jackson like he's the next coming of Peterson, Foster, McFadden, Jones-Drew etc. He's not a top 10 back, and I could care less about his statistics after only 7 games, especially considering the fact that Buffalo has only gone up against one solid defense in the Bengals. The rest have been laughing stocks for the most part. I understand that our run defense has struggled, but we'll be ready for Fred Jackson and the Bills come Sunday. Rex Ryan has had two weeks to prepare for Jackson, we'll shut him down.

Banned
    Fred Jackson is a different player now. He's hit his stride and seems to make big plays every single week. It's going to be hard to stop him but if the Jets do stop him, we win the game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by daquix View Post
    Which version of daquix is this? Because the 2000 - 2010 versions were too embarrassed to post around this site because their team was absolutely terrible.

Now the same terrible team has 5 wins and the 2011 daquix has grown a big brass set. lol. We'll see what there made of after sundays game when you don't come back to eat crow.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Fred Jackson is a different player now. He's hit his stride and seems to make big plays every single week. It's going to be hard to stop him but if the Jets do stop him, we win the game.
    He's a very good running back, but he's not Darren McFadden. And I hate when posters project year-end totals for any stat when the season isn't even half over and his team is still facing some very good defenses down the road. Buffalo will be a tough game... it always is, even when Buffalo was otherwise tanking. They play us hard. Still think the Jets are the better team and should, if they play to their ability, win this game with a cushion.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Who said anything about 2008's version? I simply pointed out that we've had our way against Fred Jackson over the past 3 years. Lets take a closer look at last season. Not 2008, but 2010...

16 rushes, 56 rushing yards (3.5 yards per carrt), 0 rushing TD's, 1 reception, 13 receiving yards and 0 TD receptions combined during two games.

I'm sorry, but fans are talking up Fred Jackson like he's the next coming of Peterson, Foster, McFadden, Jones-Drew etc. He's not a top 10 back, and I could care less about his statistics after only 7 games, especially considering the fact that Buffalo has only gone up against one solid defense in the Bengals. The rest have been laughing stocks for the most part. I understand that our run defense has struggled, but we'll be ready for Fred Jackson and the Bills come Sunday. Rex Ryan has had two weeks to prepare for Jackson, we'll shut him down.
    Probably because he has more total yards than Peterson, Foster, McFadden and Jones-Drew.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    He's a very good running back, but he's not Darren McFadden. And I hate when posters project year-end totals for any stat when the season isn't even half over and his team is still facing some very good defenses down the road. Buffalo will be a tough game... it always is, even when Buffalo was otherwise tanking. They play us hard. Still think the Jets are the better team and should, if they play to their ability, win this game with a cushion.
    Yes, the Jets are the better team... by far. But it's who plays better that day.

Banned
    Jackson is a much better player this season than in the past. Hits the hole ALOT harder than I've seen in the past and he seems to have gotten faster. Definitely playing for a contract and the Bills are allowing him to get 25 carries per game which lets him get into a rhythm.

I say let Steve Johnson get shut down by Revis and stack the box against the run.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Do you have any stats to back this up?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    We've shut down Fred Jackson dating back to 2008..
    Who said anything about 2008's version?
    LOLz. STATATTACK!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Careful with your words....Fred Jackson is my fantasy RB.

He's my running back.