Thread: Still need a viable #4 --> Hagan

All Pro

Still need a viable #4 --> Hagan

I still think we need a 4th WR down the stretch. Someone with some slot/move the chains skillset.

Hagan just got cut again... He's someone to look at. We all know that this teams gonna be in some 17 - 21 aka tripple 4 games; down 4 points in the 4th with 4 mins left and need to go WR heavy. Hagan makes a good addition for those packages. Knows how to find the markers, and good awareness.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If they didn't just sign Riley it would probably have been a no brainer. Agree he's got skills.

No point... Especially with McKnight playing more receiver.

We have the top 3 receivers, plus Keller who will always be on the field. That leaves one more which could be LT, McKnight, or even Turner who is active for special teams reasons.

Hagan doesn't bring much on teams so there's no point and it takes away a good special teams player on top of that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    No point... Especially with McKnight playing more receiver.

We have the top 3 receivers, plus Keller who will always be on the field. That leaves one more which could be LT, McKnight, or even Turner who is active for special teams reasons.

Hagan doesn't bring much on teams so there's no point and it takes away a good special teams player on top of that.
    agreed. I think that Kerley has great potential and needs more experience. Why play musical receivers with a guy like him ready to explode onto the scene? Id like to see what Riley brings to the team as well.

Hall Of Fame
    McKnight is essentially the Jets No. 4 WR and its been reported that the Jets want to get him more touches in the passing game.

All Pro
    Well let see it then. The Jets got 2 games coming up, in which one has to think we're gonna need to throw up 21+ points. Keller this and Keller that... It still doesn't happen often enough.

Hall Of Fame
    Hagan isn't changing that in the next 2 games. Kinda tough to have someone up to snuff on the fly with critical games right now.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I still think we need a 4th WR down the stretch. Someone with some slot/move the chains skillset.

Hagan just got cut again... He's someone to look at. We all know that this teams gonna be in some 17 - 21 aka tripple 4 games; down 4 points in the 4th with 4 mins left and need to go WR heavy. Hagan makes a good addition for those packages. Knows how to find the markers, and good awareness.
    a good idea but our oc sucks plain and simple..hje doesnt know how to utilize his players..rex had to come in and turn over the offense..how embarassing..loook guys im a fan of the jets but our biggest weakness is oc plain and simple

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Hagan isn't changing that in the next 2 games. Kinda tough to have someone up to snuff on the fly with critical games right now.
    I understand. This is where the "Down the stretch" remark in made in the OP comes in...

I just don't think Schitty knows how to use TEs period (amongst other things)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Achilles View Post
    loook guys im a fan of the jets but our biggest weakness is oc plain and simple
    +1

Been our weakness for years now. Brian has the same affliction as his old man...not a bad coach, but just lacks that last little bit that puts him over the top and into the class of "very good - Elite"...

I think, what we need to do from time to time is "Costanza" our game plan. Think about what you would normally do........and do the opposite. Not the entire game...just some of the time.

<First and 10 at the 50>

...normally a time Shotty would call a play in from the sideline...

<f*ck it>

"Mark....run with it. You're 3rd year now. Look at the D, make your reads...you call the shot..."

Hall Of Fame
    I understand. This is where the "Down the stretch" remark in made in the OP comes in...

Then overall I agree with you. The Cumberland injury hurt the Jets TE production. He provided a viable option when Keller was covered. The problem now is that the Jets have only 1 TE on the roster who can catch. And, no, I'm not counting on the TE they just signed.

Hall Of Fame

If what you are saying is even remotely true, REX is hurting the team by refusing to fire Schotty. It begins and ends with the headcoach. I'd say based on what you have said that Mr.T should also be awakend to the fact that the OC is not getiing the job done with the assistance of the HC. Just saying.....!

Hall Of Fame
    Then overall I agree with you. The Cumberland injury hurt the Jets TE production. He provided a viable option when Keller was covered. The problem now is that the Jets have only 1 TE on the roster who can catch. And, no, I'm not counting on the TE they just signed.
    None of us has any idea what the production of Cumberland would be.

All Pro
    Hagan is terrible. Why would we want this turd?

He wasnt good enough for the dolphins, giants, raiders etc.

Hes not wanted here.

its CFl time for this guy.

Veteran
    I think it was clear that the team planned on using Cumberland consistently this season. The Jets seemed to be onboard with a 2 and 3 TE set at least 20% of the times just based on the small sample size that we had against the Cowboys and Jaguars.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Hagan is terrible.
    You're being nice.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    None of us has any idea what the production of Cumberland would be.
    Yeah, no one knows. But when he was on the field he was a viable receiving option. Currently the Jets only have 1 viable receiving option at TE--Keller.

All Pro
    Hagan really isn't going to help make this team better.

I like what I've seen from McKnight in his limited time as a WR. I think he might actually be best suited as a WR.

As the year goes on, we're going to see him there more and more, I think, because the coaches want to get him more touches.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    agreed. I think that Kerley has great potential and needs more experience. Why play musical receivers with a guy like him ready to explode onto the scene? Id like to see what Riley brings to the team as well.
    Give Kerley and McKnight more touches in the passing game. Bringing in Hagan would just retard their development