Thread: Holmes Bowling Event Tonight, Wanna Go?

Super*****/Prom Queen

Exclamation Holmes Bowling Event Tonight, Wanna Go?

I feel terrible missing this great event & catching up with all my favorite NY Jet players, but unfortunately I just got called away for business and cannot make it this evening.

Would anyone like to use my ticket? I'm giving it away. For free.

I know it's short notice, but the ticket is transferable & good for general admission ($75.00 ticket) which includes three hours of bowling, food, tee shirt, autographed picture of Santonio Holmes & some of the NY Jet players visting each bowling lane for autographs.

PM me if interested & I hope everyone attending has a great time helping Tone raise lots of money for Sicle Cell Anemia.
    Last edited by Limolady; 11-07-2011 at 02:59 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Very generous, Limo, wish I could make it out to Jersey for it, but I cant.

Bump.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Very generous, Limo, wish I could make it out to Jersey for it, but I cant.

Bump.

Thanks Green and I hope someone can use it. I had every intention of going since it really is a great event, lots of fun and lots of NY Jet players show up to help support Santonio. His son is stricken with the disease and it's heartbreaking for any parent to watch a child suffer.

Either way it's my pleasure to donate to a very worthy cause.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Where is it?

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Where is it?

Jersey Bowling Lanes
    30 Park Avenue
    Linden NJ 07036.

I have a taker for the ticket, thanks. I hope that person enjoys the evening & says hello to Santonio for me.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Jersey Bowling Lanes
    30 Park Avenue
    Linden NJ 07036.

I have a taker for the ticket, thanks. I hope that person enjoys the evening & says hello to Santonio for me.

Awful nice of you. My GF and I are going already. We went last year and it was very enjoyable.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    Awful nice of you. My GF and I are going already. We went last year and it was very enjoyable.
    Please be sure to post back on here and let us know who was there. Talk about the hand of God, I just got home, turned on the news and a tanker truck blew up by the Meadowlands. Most of the highways are shut down and I would have gotten stuck in that traffic.

Hope you all are enjoying bowling with the team.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Limolady, yikes, that explosion sounds awful. Glad you escaped having to travel around it. Sorry you weren't able to attend.

I wasn't at the event, but news reports are starting to come out about it, thought you might be interested, since you were really wanting to attend.

A few quotes from the Star Ledger:

Jets WR Santonio Holmes raises $25,000 for Sickle cell research in Linden...

...And by night's end, his foundation -- III & Long -- would be another $25,000 closer to finding a cure.
    At Jersey Lanes bowling alley in Linden, more than a dozen Jets players and coaches showed up in support of Holmes' charity...
    "This is a family, man," said Holmes of the players who came by, a group that included Brandon Moore, Mark Sanchez, Bart Scott, Plaxico Burress, Greg McElroy and Muhammad Wilkerson. "We have a family we stick to and a code we live by as professional football players and that's to support one another on and off the field..."
    Head coach Rex Ryan said he was only able to stay for a frame before heading back to build his game plan for Sunday night...

He said that he was glad to see the team come together for the event and to support Holmes.
    I think Sione Pouha, Conner, Rex, Tannenbaum, and others were there, as well. Per various reports. Apologies if any of those are inaccurate. So, we'll definitely have to wait until others report back to find out for sure.

Here's a link to this particular article, though: Jets WR Holmes Raises Money
    Last edited by lovethejets; 11-07-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Practice Squad
    Well, we had a good time. We paid the extra money for the VIP ticket, but it was not worth anything. We got a picture with Tone, which was cool but not worth $100.

Event was run better than last year, but still pretty mediocre, but it is for charity, so all good.

Lots of known Jets there, LT, Sanchez, Tone, Mo, Pouha, Julian Posey was in my lane, Bart Scott, Rex, Tanny, and probably another half dozen I did not recognise.

The two most friendly and approachable guys were Pouha and Mo. Mo went way out of his way to take pictures, sign stuff, etc. He left his lane and just kind of meandered from one end to the other, stopping and doing his thing for anyone. Spoke to him for a few seconds. Very humble and appreciative guy. Really easy to be a fan of his.

Sionne was mobbed. He was super friendly, as he is every time I have encountered him. He stayed with his lane, but was very open to pictures, etc.

As it was last year, you were supposed to stay in your lane, and th eplayers were supposed ot come visit. And as happened last year, people ignored this and just mobbed certain players. Luckily, the player in my lane was not someone who was of particular interest, but we still had peole just coming up into our lane and taking pics, autographs, etc.

And as last year, we followed the rules, and came up short. We stayed in our lane, spoke to our player, waited for the other players to come by, and they left without doing so. I do not blame them, as it was a feeding frenzy of 50 year old children fawning over players and begging for autographs on anythign they could get signed.

For VIP, there was a $100 premium. You would assume that that premium would give you a little extra time, or maybe one of the name players in your lane or area. You would be wrong. Ah well.

Oh yeah, Plax showed up for 2 frames and left. What-a-guy.

On a super positive note, I won the silent auction for dinner with Tone. That is gonna be fun.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Oh yeah, Plax showed up for 2 frames and left. What-a-guy.
    On the bright side, he wasnt spirited off to COlumbia Presbyterian for treatment of a gunshot wound.

So we have that going for us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Well, we had a good time. We paid the extra money for the VIP ticket, but it was not worth anything. We got a picture with Tone, which was cool but not worth $100.
    Consider it money put to a good cause.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Wow, sounds like a great turnout and I'm glad some of you had a good time, for the most part. The person I donated my ticket to PM'ed me and said they really enjoyed the evening which is nice to hear. Dinner with Santonio sounds like a great time, Millsan1 and very cool you won that.

I really wished I could have made it, but I'm in the high end Mortgage and Real Estate business with crazy clients that want my attention 24/7. I know that Rex & Cappy T. can relate & so sorry I missed seeing two of my favorite playa's. Great cause and $35,000 raised, not too shabby.

So which NY Jet player is hosting a "Toys 4 Tots" or some kind of holiday charity party next? I have to get in all my charitable donation write-offs by December 31st, thanks.