Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone Wanted a Home Playoff Game This Season...Well Sunday Night Is It

All Pro

Everyone Wanted a Home Playoff Game This Season...Well Sunday Night Is It

Face it, Folks...
    A loss Sunday Night losses the Division.

We would be a "1.5" games behind the Patriots and would have to pick up 2 games on the Pats in the last 7 games of the season.

And the Jets & Pats 7 remaining games are almost an exact mirror of each other..with the one exception that the Pats play the winless Colts in Foxboro while the Jets have to play the Giants on Christmas Eve.

No way to pick up 2 games on Pats in those 7.

So a loss means at best the WildCard route on the Road once again...a win goes a loooong way to securing a Home game in January.

A Home Playoff Game in November..
    Both the Team and the Fans should treat it as such !!

All Pro
    ...excellent point...if we don't take advantage of this opportunity well then....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    Face it, Folks...
    A loss Sunday Night losses the Division.

We would be a "1.5" games behind the Patriots and would have to pick up 2 games on the Pats in the last 7 games of the season.

And the Jets & Pats 7 remaining games are almost an exact mirror of each other..with the one exception that the Pats play the winless Colts in Foxboro while the Jets have to play the Giants on Christmas Eve.

No way to pick up 2 games on Pats in those 7.

So a loss means at best the WildCard route on the Road once again...a win goes a loooong way to securing a Home game in January.

A Home Playoff Game in November..
    Both the Team and the Fans should treat it as such !!
    You're god damn right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need this crowd to equal last year's and better yet the '09 home pats crowd.

Banned
    What kinds of noisemakers are allowed at the met?

this crowd will be a mix between the 09 pats game and the 09 cincy game.

its going to be bonkers in that place.

All League
    The crowd will be there it just might not "feel" as crazy as the 09 game because of the stadium design...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    You're god damn right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need this crowd to equal last year's and better yet the '09 home pats crowd.
    The entire parking lot will be humming before this game. As it gets closer to 8:00PM on Sunday the realization of this game will resonate throughout the stadium before kickoff.
    The 8:30 start which is usually 8:35 after a zillion commercials should have everyone nestled in their seats & it will be buzzing as it leads to kickoff.

I'm praying we win the toss so we can defer. It will be SO LOUD for the Pats 1st series that there inexperienced players will have butterflys.
    If that happens & we stop their 1st drive Metlife stadium will be MAYHEM!

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post

I don't believe I seen the word bonkers since I read The World According to Garp.

I like it! I will be bonkers on Sunday night

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I don't believe I seen the word bonkers since I read The World According to Garp.

I like it! I will be bonkers on Sunday night
    I last saw it two nights ago while reading "Mrs. Yonkers is Bonkers" to my son. Which, believe it or not, is quite advanced for a 4 yr old.

The Stadium will be rocking, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I last saw it two nights ago while reading "Mrs. Yonkers is Bonkers" to my son. Which, believe it or not, is quite advanced for a 4 yr old.

The Stadium will be rocking, for sure.
    that's it.

i'm making a "Bonkers" sign and bringing it with me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The lower & mezz endzones and uppers will be rockin. clubs between the 40s? probably not so much

Rookie
    I totally get your point and I will be in my seats to welcome the Jets onto the field. But what we are all really hoping for is a REAL home playoff game. We have had quite a few "faux" playoff games and while they are fun (like freezing my butt off at the "win and we are in" Bengals game in Rex's first year) nothing beats a REAL playoff game like the Jags game in early '99 or that Colts blowout.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    ...the one exception that the Pats play the winless Colts in Foxboro...
    The Colts will win that game.

That's right, folks. You heard it here first

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post

The crowd is going to suck.

It's going to be optimum drinking weather. I predict 20% of the crowd gets there mid 1st quarter and by that time 40% of the stadium will be passed out. with another 10% leaving at half.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The entire parking lot will be humming before this game. As it gets closer to 8:00PM on Sunday the realization of this game will resonate throughout the stadium before kickoff.
    The 8:30 start which is usually 8:35 after a zillion commercials should have everyone nestled in their seats & it will be buzzing as it leads to kickoff.

I'm praying we win the toss so we can defer. It will be SO LOUD for the Pats 1st series that there inexperienced players will have butterflys.
    If that happens & we stop their 1st drive Metlife stadium will be MAYHEM!
    Good point. I hate the late start, but it does "trick" people into getting into their seats unlike a 1'clock game that kicks off exactly on time usually. Though I think Jet fans do a good job filling up early for Jets/Pats.

That's a good point. This game's importance can't be understated. It's a must-win in every sense of the word. Pats still have an easy stretch the rest of the season after this, but so do we. What's interesting is either team winning essentially puts them 2 games in front of the other. As you pointed out, Pats win and they sweep us head to head, making it effective 2 game lead. We win, Pats have 2 division losses, meaning if we beat Miami and Buffalo again, we will win any division tiebreaker with only 1 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    The crowd is going to suck.

It's going to be optimum drinking weather. I predict 20% of the crowd gets there mid 1st quarter and by that time 40% of the stadium will be passed out. with another 10% leaving at half.
    i would love to make a monetary bet with you on that one. i guarentee the announcers comment on the crowd during the game.

All Pro
    I think Shakespeare said it best:
    "willist thy stadium beith swayed by thy crowd"?

Veteran
    this is a big game, but it is way too early to be thinking about taking the division if we win this game. there are a lot of games left. it is completely reasonable that the pats lose to us on sunday and still win 12 games. will we be able to match that going 7-1 down the stretch?

let's take it one game at a time. go jets!

All Pro
    if the stadium's rockin'

don't come a-knockin'