Thread: Our Defensive Line

Our Defensive Line

Was great last night.

-Wilkerson is gonna be a top-5 3-4 DE for a long time. He's the real deal and is making more and more plays

-Ellis got snaps in and looks like a mammoth in the middle of the DL. I'm excited to see more of him.

-Dixon gets the most pressure of any of our DL. He gets a lot of snaps too.

-Ropati looked great last night.

I like where we're at with the DL. It seems to be set for a long time.

Agreed... Those 6 D-linemen are just excellent.

Mo's upside is staggering. The athleticism and long arms are such weapons. For him to be doing this at such a young age is really amazing. Really interested in what Kenrick is going to be but a touch less excited about him.

The interesting thing is whether we'll bring back Pouha who's a free agent. I think we do because he's purely very good against the run. also a good teammate which is often an underrated attribute.

The draft paid off there big time.

Just need to hit on outside linebackers though... Pace is good, but it's mainly against the run. Maybin just has no ability to turn or show any lateral athleticism but I'll still take him at minimal money. Westerman is proving to bring not much to the table and Mcintyre shows something against the run as well.

Practice Squad
    Yep we just need a QB and we would be stoping runs at the superbowl.

Hall Of Fame
    Good point WW. That is one are for optimism. They made a lot of plays last night.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Wilkerson reminds me of a young Shaun Ellis, which I mean as a compliment. But yeah, the d-line is deep and talented. Next offseason we revamp the linebackers

All Pro
    Mo, Pito and company was the only bright spot in a mile high sh*t festival last night

Bart played well too.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Wilkerson reminds me of a young Shaun Ellis, which I mean as a compliment. But yeah, the d-line is deep and talented. Next offseason we revamp the linebackers
    Can we get at least 1 new safety too please!!!!!!!!

Agreed on Mo's upside. He has some plays where he looks incredible and gets into the backfield so quickly.

We just need to have a similar youth movement in the LB core. Harris is obviously a stud, but Scott is coming off the field so often now and Pace just doesn't provide enough pass rush to be the #1 OLB.

All Pro
    Yea, the DL played it's butt off last night. Devito blew up at least two plays in the backfield as well.

All League
    they are awesome run stoppers.....
    but....
    these guys get no pass rush out of the base formation.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    they are awesome run stoppers.....
    but....
    these guys get no pass rush out of the base formation.
    This is true... Pitoitua, Devito, and Pouha all provide nothing against the pass.

Ellis is an incomplete in that regard.

Wilkerson and Dixon are the only 2 who have shown anything there. This is why Wilkerson is so valuable. If he can do some things as far as rushing the passer, it's huge.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wright View Post
    Was great last night.

-Wilkerson is gonna be a top-5 3-4 DE for a long time. He's the real deal and is making more and more plays

-Ellis got snaps in and looks like a mammoth in the middle of the DL. I'm excited to see more of him.

+1

I'm glad someone finally mentioned how good of a game Wilkerson had last night...probably his best of the year. He's only going to get better.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wright View Post
    Was great last night.

Can't wait to see him with a full offseason of professional NFL weight and strength training and putting on a few MORE pounds.

Guy could become an immovable stud in the middle and get some real push into the pocket.

_

All League
    how is the D Line so talented when we can not get within 1 astronomical unit of opposing QB's without blitzing??

Agered Wilkerson only, he was all over the place last night. The rest are JAG's

All League
    Wilkerson reminds me of a young Shaun Ellis, which I mean as a compliment. But yeah, the d-line is deep and talented. Next offseason we revamp the linebackers and the safeties
    FTFY