Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Gary Myers calling Sanchez out

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,656

    Gary Myers calling Sanchez out

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.982162

    All EYES on Sanchez from here on in.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,794
    dude, we get it

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    dude, we get it
    I dont think we do.

    10 more Sanchez sucks threads are needed.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,935
    over the years I have actually strayed away from reading newspaper sports columns and why I won't bother to read this one either. Did you ever notice that these guys are geeks or are so fat that they can't fit through a door, from attending all the free-bee banquets.? Most of these critics have never played a sport and most likely were picked last in Phys Ed Class for team games. It is why they are so full of hate.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,691
    It's nice to see the media taking notice. The Jets have a SB window right now and IMO Sanchez is ruining their chances at getting there. It's a timing thing.

    If we had drafted Sanchez when we were 1-15 then probably it wouldn't be as important for Sanchez to pick up the pace. But where we are knocking at the SB door it becomes a greater sense of urgency. They need great QB play to take the team the rest of the way.

    And for all of those Sanchez apologists out there, consider this:

    In last years AFC Championship, Mark Sanchez seemed to play well if you look at his numbers, but if you look deeper, you see he did nothing, scored ZERO points for more than half the game. That IMO regardless of what numbers at the end of the game looked like, is still poor. When you are playing a team like Pitt in the AFC Championship, you absolutely cannot take a typical Sanchez break and think you are going to win. No chance.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Not Scout
    Posts
    9,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It's nice to see the media taking notice. The Jets have a SB window right now and IMO Sanchez is ruining their chances at getting there. It's a timing thing.
    Yes because as everyone knows the road to the SB is paved with drafting rookie QB's to win now.

    What an awful, awful article. If that is supposed to be calling out Sanchez, and he concludes by asking do the Jets start over, he gives no evidence to support his claim or make the case. The whole article compares him to Manning in his struggles at QB in his first four years, and Sanchez compares favorably in every statistic he mentions especially playoff wins (none for Manning) and then the end result for Manning is - a Super Bowl! So what's your point, moronic Gary Myers?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    dude, we get it
    Get what? I dont write or work for the Daily News where the article was.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It's nice to see the media taking notice. The Jets have a SB window right now and IMO Sanchez is ruining their chances at getting there. It's a timing thing.

    If we had drafted Sanchez when we were 1-15 then probably it wouldn't be as important for Sanchez to pick up the pace. But where we are knocking at the SB door it becomes a greater sense of urgency. They need great QB play to take the team the rest of the way.

    And for all of those Sanchez apologists out there, consider this:

    In last years AFC Championship, Mark Sanchez seemed to play well if you look at his numbers, but if you look deeper, you see he did nothing, scored ZERO points for more than half the game. That IMO regardless of what numbers at the end of the game looked like, is still poor. When you are playing a team like Pitt in the AFC Championship, you absolutely cannot take a typical Sanchez break and think you are going to win. No chance.
    Are you confident that the Jets defense, running game and special teams are SB caliber so far this season?

    So far, I am not confident. Does it mean it is foreordained that they will remain that way this season? No, history says they will tend to improve as the season moves on.

    The AFC Championship games were the result of defensive collapses more than any offensive shortcomings. The Steelers ran roughshod for the first half and the offense nearly pulled off a comeback. The Colts offense picked on an injured secondary in the second half to win the game.

    I understand your hatred for Sanchez is more intense than hundred suns, but engaging in revisionist history to blame him for everything that has gone wrong and denigrate his significant accomplishments undermines the premise.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,208
    Anybody every notice how ugly Gary Myers is? That is one hideous creature.

  10. #10
    another stupid article from a talking head. sanchez certainly needs to be making more plays but he is not to blame for the drops or when the receivers run into each other or when the oline performs matador pass protection. sure there are things that sanchez can do to protect himself instead of trying to make a play.

    but the fact still remains that when a whole unit is failing so badly it's the coaching. schitty is not a good coach, motivator, play caller, play designer etc. he has been sub par on all accounts and when things start going wrong his inadequacies come to the for. we are not seeing sanchez fail as much as schitty and the sooner schitty is launched the better. middle of the season firing? why not. things really can't get much worse and if the jets do lose on sunday they will have played themselves right out of the playoffs. no excuses and no backing in. schitty must go.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Are you confident that the Jets defense, running game and special teams are SB caliber so far this season?

    So far, I am not confident. Does it mean it is foreordained that they will remain that way this season? No, history says they will tend to improve as the season moves on.

    The AFC Championship games were the result of defensive collapses more than any offensive shortcomings. The Steelers ran roughshod for the first half and the offense nearly pulled off a comeback. The Colts offense picked on an injured secondary in the second half to win the game.

    I understand your hatred for Sanchez is more intense than hundred suns, but engaging in revisionist history to blame him for everything that has gone wrong and denigrate his significant accomplishments undermines the premise.
    No, as a matter of fact they are not but you need to give it time. The team as a whole coming into this season I was pretty confident in. I am actually quite surprised to see how badly areas of the team have played at times. But I do trust Rex will get everything going by the time the playoffs arrive.

    The AFC Championship games were the result of defensive collapses more than any offensive shortcomings - No, it clearly was moreso on the offense than the defense. How could you possibly say that? The offense spent the entire first half practically going 3 and out almost every time they stepped on the field. The defense spent the vast majority of time on the field because they were tired. I'm not saying they didn't play badly. They clearly did. But having the defense play almost the entire half is clearly moreso the offenses fault.

    Lastly, I do not have a hatred of Sanchez. I have a hatred of developing QB excuses. I want the Jets to win. I don't care how they win, I just want them to win. Sanchez is holding the team back because he's so inconsistent and I'm tired of him getting a pass.

    There are other areas of the team that are not playing as well this season as in recent history. So WHY can't Sanchez pick up the slack for a change? Why is everyone so stuck thinking well Sanchez has no chance because the running game isn't working? Well, why doesn't Sanchez start throwing some 20 yard outs to make the defense loosen up a little? It's been 3 years now and it's time he started pulling his weight.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    gary Meyers didn't he pick Eagles/Jets this year? Yep he is a good source to evaluate talent!

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    614
    I'd honestly love to fight gary myers.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    23,372
    gary myers is a 96 pound nerd looking midget with thick glasses who was obviously the guy that got sand thrown at him on the beach as a kid. Now he's a self proclaimed evaluator of NFL football playing athletes.

    Summary -- he is a clueless muck raking clown

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Pull his wig off already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    Why doesn't someone call out Myers for being a sell out hack and dildo?

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    23,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Pull his wig off already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    good catch


    forgot to mention that bad looking rat like thing on his nerdy head sitting on top of his 98 pound, 5'3" pathetic looking nerdy body...

    makes Lupica look tall

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    dude, we get it
    yeah its better to see 6 polls a day on Schotty .... yeh!

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Why doesn't someone call out Myers for being a sell out hack and dildo?
    We'll see who laughs last when Myers shows up to the game Sunday with his wife and 6' Russian mistress.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    No, as a matter of fact they are not but you need to give it time. The team as a whole coming into this season I was pretty confident in. I am actually quite surprised to see how badly areas of the team have played at times. But I do trust Rex will get everything going by the time the playoffs arrive.

    The AFC Championship games were the result of defensive collapses more than any offensive shortcomings - No, it clearly was moreso on the offense than the defense. How could you possibly say that? The offense spent the entire first half practically going 3 and out almost every time they stepped on the field. The defense spent the vast majority of time on the field because they were tired. I'm not saying they didn't play badly. They clearly did. But having the defense play almost the entire half is clearly moreso the offenses fault.

    Lastly, I do not have a hatred of Sanchez. I have a hatred of developing QB excuses. I want the Jets to win. I don't care how they win, I just want them to win. Sanchez is holding the team back because he's so inconsistent and I'm tired of him getting a pass.

    There are other areas of the team that are not playing as well this season as in recent history. So WHY can't Sanchez pick up the slack for a change? Why is everyone so stuck thinking well Sanchez has no chance because the running game isn't working? Well, why doesn't Sanchez start throwing some 20 yard outs to make the defense loosen up a little? It's been 3 years now and it's time he started pulling his weight.



    exactly name me 1 game under sanchez and this offense where they carried this team friom 1st qtr to 4th qtr and won the game on there shoulders when the defense was having issues..NEVER!!!..Im not talking 2 min drives to win a game which the defense kept them in..btw this offense has WAY more talent than the defense has..which has been the far better unit?? well coaching speaks to that!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us