Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Face The Facts, Sanchez Will Be The First To Go...

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,604

    Face The Facts, Sanchez Will Be The First To Go...

    I've been hoping that a losing season with an obviously hideous offense might actually do the Jets some good in the long run....

    I've been hoping that it might cause the rocky Schottenheimer-Sanchez relationship to come to an end...

    And since I've seen more flashes of brilliance from Sanchez than from Schotty, I would think it would make the most sense for Schotty to go...

    But I have come to the conclusion that Schotty may be around longer than many are hoping...

    Fact 1: Woody and Tanny make a complete turnaround in coaching philosophy, fire Mangini, and hire Rex, while also making a big splash and make a change at QB by drafting Sanchez...
    With all this change, oddly, Rex does not get to select his OC and Schotty is retained...

    Fact 2: Story is leaked that WR's organize a mutiny and go to Rex to complain about Schotty... Derrick Mason is traded...
    Schotty is retained...

    Fact 3: Brunnell takes some snaps from Sanchez this week, as an obvious sign that Rex believes that the current offensive woes are due to Sanchez, Sanchez is visibly upset (When do head coaches play headgames with third year starting QB's?)
    Schotty is still calling the plays...

    Fact 4: We now learn that Schotty's contract was extended very quietly a few months ago, indicating that someone very high up (Woody?) likes Schotty a great deal, even when he may know that it may not be a popular decision with the fans...
    A contract extension makes firing Schotty very unlikely...

    I think the writing is on the wall here: if this season ends badly, Sanchez will get one more season to get it right...
    Then he will take the fall...
    Rex will go next... This offense will kill them both...

    But like cockroaches and Cher after a nuclear war, Schotty will survive...
    He may even be the Jets next HC!

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,975
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    indicating that someone very high up (Woody?) likes Schotty a great deal, even when he may know that it may not be a popular decision with the fans...
    You're just now learning that Woody doesn't give a rats *ss about what his fan base wants?

    Looks like Martyball will be with us for at least the next two years

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,600
    Then the Jets should just release Sanchez now instead of destroying this kids confidence by undermining him in public...The Jets are acting and act like a perpetual joke
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 11-25-2011 at 08:12 AM.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,586
    It unfortunate but I do get the feeling that they will quit on Sanchez before they get rid of the incompetent Schitty. IDK what is going on with the coaching staff and upper management but this is going to be a huge failure keeping that hack on the coaching staff! They are already paying the fool HC money and he isn't even qualified to be the OC.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    19,179
    I dont see it....... Shotty has to go. Moreover it shows the INEPTNESS of Rex as a TOTAL coach.

    He knows so little about offense SHOTTY is pulling the wool over his eyes.

    I know..2 AFC Champ games bla bla bla.

    There are plenty of HC's to a championship game and NEVER really had long term success. Dom Capers comes to mind.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    If the "O" doesn't turn it around...

    If the "O" remains a bottom-third-of-NFL unit...

    And if the Jets do not at least consider a new O-Co in the offseason....

    I will be very dissapointed.

    If the cut Sanchez before they replace Shotty...

    I will also be very dissapointed.

    But I agree that that is a very real possabillity.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I dont see it....... Shotty has to go. Moreover it shows the INEPTNESS of Rex as a TOTAL coach.

    He knows so little about offense SHOTTY is pulling the wool over his eyes.

    I know..2 AFC Champ games bla bla bla.

    There are plenty of HC's to a championship game and NEVER really had long term success. Dom Capers comes to mind.
    Yeah first two years with a rookie QB and a terrible OC from the previous regime. Sure does show he's inept. You sound like an accountant that's never even seen South Park.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yeah first two years with a rookie QB and a terrible OC from the previous regime. Sure does show he's inept. You sound like an accountant that's never even seen South Park.
    Well, the guy did provide a pretty relevant example. That Carolina team in '96 was eerily similar to these Jets teams. Commitment to the run, 2nd-year QB, attacking defense, etc.

    Plus, Rex's complete lack of ability to address offensive concerns AND what looks like the inability to see when the OC/QB relationship is not working are flaws that are just as major as the in-game ones that coaches get ripped for.

    It's one thing for the offense to have a bad year - it happens. But if Rex is unable to make the necessary changes to right the ship before next season, then those who say he's nothing more than a glorified DC will have some legs to their argument.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,148
    But like cockroaches and Cher after a nuclear war, Schotty will survive...
    Bingo. Schotty is here for the long haul folks. As long as woody/tanny is around, so will brian schottenheimer.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    If the "O" doesn't turn it around...

    If the "O" remains a bottom-third-of-NFL unit...

    And if the Jets do not at least consider a new O-Co in the offseason....

    I will be very dissapointed.

    If the cut Sanchez before they replace Shotty...

    I will also be very dissapointed.

    But I agree that that is a very real possabillity.
    If that happens and Sanchez becomes succesfull elsewhere, it will be devastating to the franchise

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    If that happens and Sanchez becomes succesfull elsewhere, it will be devastating to the franchise
    Based on present trends, prepare to be DEVASTATED!!!!!!!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    I've been hoping that a losing season with an obviously hideous offense might actually do the Jets some good in the long run....

    I've been hoping that it might cause the rocky Schottenheimer-Sanchez relationship to come to an end...

    And since I've seen more flashes of brilliance from Sanchez than from Schotty, I would think it would make the most sense for Schotty to go...

    But I have come to the conclusion that Schotty may be around longer than many are hoping...

    Fact 1: Woody and Tanny make a complete turnaround in coaching philosophy, fire Mangini, and hire Rex, while also making a big splash and make a change at QB by drafting Sanchez...
    With all this change, oddly, Rex does not get to select his OC and Schotty is retained...

    Fact 2: Story is leaked that WR's organize a mutiny and go to Rex to complain about Schotty... Derrick Mason is traded...
    Schotty is retained...

    Fact 3: Brunnell takes some snaps from Sanchez this week, as an obvious sign that Rex believes that the current offensive woes are due to Sanchez, Sanchez is visibly upset (When do head coaches play headgames with third year starting QB's?)
    Schotty is still calling the plays...

    Fact 4: We now learn that Schotty's contract was extended very quietly a few months ago, indicating that someone very high up (Woody?) likes Schotty a great deal, even when he may know that it may not be a popular decision with the fans...
    A contract extension makes firing Schotty very unlikely...

    I think the writing is on the wall here: if this season ends badly, Sanchez will get one more season to get it right...
    Then he will take the fall...
    Rex will go next... This offense will kill them both...

    But like cockroaches and Cher after a nuclear war, Schotty will survive...
    He may even be the Jets next HC!
    Respectfully, I disagree. One fact you failed to mention, an offensive consultant by the name of Tom Moore was brought in this past offseason. Now if Schitty is here for the long term, why was this action taken?

    IMO no way do the Jets give up on Sanchez. Much too early in his career. Schotty will be gone first and the Jets will see what they have under a new offensive philosophy.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    I've been hoping that a losing season with an obviously hideous offense might actually do the Jets some good in the long run....

    I've been hoping that it might cause the rocky Schottenheimer-Sanchez relationship to come to an end...

    And since I've seen more flashes of brilliance from Sanchez than from Schotty, I would think it would make the most sense for Schotty to go...

    But I have come to the conclusion that Schotty may be around longer than many are hoping...

    Fact 1: Woody and Tanny make a complete turnaround in coaching philosophy, fire Mangini, and hire Rex, while also making a big splash and make a change at QB by drafting Sanchez...
    With all this change, oddly, Rex does not get to select his OC and Schotty is retained...

    Fact 2: Story is leaked that WR's organize a mutiny and go to Rex to complain about Schotty... Derrick Mason is traded...
    Schotty is retained...

    Fact 3: Brunnell takes some snaps from Sanchez this week, as an obvious sign that Rex believes that the current offensive woes are due to Sanchez, Sanchez is visibly upset (When do head coaches play headgames with third year starting QB's?)
    Schotty is still calling the plays...

    Fact 4: We now learn that Schotty's contract was extended very quietly a few months ago, indicating that someone very high up (Woody?) likes Schotty a great deal, even when he may know that it may not be a popular decision with the fans...
    A contract extension makes firing Schotty very unlikely...

    I think the writing is on the wall here: if this season ends badly, Sanchez will get one more season to get it right...
    Then he will take the fall...
    Rex will go next... This offense will kill them both...

    But like cockroaches and Cher after a nuclear war, Schotty will survive...
    He may even be the Jets next HC!
    this is the complete opposite of whats going to happen. Jets fans have been getting everything they want since the offseason where we signed faneca, with the exception of not ever drafting an OLB. I don't see Rex going for a long time. the reason why the defense hasn't been as good this year is because the offense can't stay on the field, leaving the defense always out there. the first guy to get kicked out the door is wayne hunter, then i'd say its schotty. it's a lot harder to get rid of a #5 pick qb who has played mediocre into his 3rd year than an offensive coordinator. coordinators bounce around year after year.

  14. #14
    i don't know if all the facts are relevant or even facts but it does seem schitty is getting an awful long time to fail. it's not like the jets offense is getting better and the only time it shined is with goober boy for the qb. i suppose tanny and woody are of the opinion that schitty has never had a decent qb and thence the support. but this makes little sense because schitty failed to develop sanchez and also clemens. and what about oconnell and ainge and even ratliff? what on earth IS schitty good at besides back stabbing head coaches?

    imo schitty really has to be launched, ASAP. too bad he was extended through 2012. if something isn't done soon we''ll see the same scenario played out like herm's last season where they replace hackjob with heimerdinger and he never gets a real chance to run the offense. funny how heimerdinger bolted when they hired mangini.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    this is the complete opposite of whats going to happen. Jets fans have been getting everything they want since the offseason where we signed faneca, with the exception of not ever drafting an OLB. I don't see Rex going for a long time. the reason why the defense hasn't been as good this year is because the offense can't stay on the field, leaving the defense always out there. the first guy to get kicked out the door is wayne hunter, then i'd say its schotty. it's a lot harder to get rid of a #5 pick qb who has played mediocre into his 3rd year than an offensive coordinator. coordinators bounce around year after year.


    Actually the Jets defense has not been on the field much longer than they were last year.....

    Offense average TOP is 30m..26s....Last year it was 31m...16s.....Less than a minute difference......So on average the Defense is on the field for 29m..34s

    Jets offense ranks #14 in TOP ......

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    You're just now learning that Woody doesn't give a rats *ss about what his fan base wants?

    Looks like Martyball will be with us for at least the next two years
    You really want an owner and upper management who listens to what the fanbase wants? This isn't the music industry where you listen to what your fans want and deliver. Fact is ... this fanbase is so irrational and detached from reality that if it was up to them we'd start firing more than just Schotty in the past 3 years if it were up to them. O line is playing bad? FIRE Callahan ... defense gives up a lot of yards? Pettine should be stripped of play calling duties ... dude if it was up to the fanbase we'd run thru offensive coordinators every single week. Steelers fans have been whining about their OC for the past 7 years ... Ravens fans want their OC fired as bad as Jet fans want Schotty fired .... same goes for the Falcons .... bottom line ... everyone looks like a genius with Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers at the helm.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    Actually the Jets defense has not been on the field much longer than they were last year.....

    Offense average TOP is 30m..26s....Last year it was 31m...16s.....Less than a minute difference......So on average the Defense is on the field for 29m..34s

    Jets offense ranks #14 in TOP ......
    don't tell anybody that the defense lost the Raiders game .... was out on the field for a 90 min drive against Tim Tebow and gave up a game winning TD (don't care what happened before that) they aren't clutch. In both Patriot games we came back in 4th quarters to pull the game within 7 points and the defense couldn't get the ball back to give the offense a shot to tie it. Both times the defense let the Pats just run down the field and put the game out of reach ... same thing happened in Oakland. Sanchez brings us back down by 7 and the Raiders go down the field and get around 6 first downs before kicking a field goal. This defense has been inconsistent ... mostly against the Patriots and that Raiders game. They played good enough to beat the Bronco's and Ravens and those fall on the offense but those other 3 games ... turnovers on special teams and the defense didn't give us much of a shot especially in the trenches which is when it counts. Rex's defense has been solid all year minus being clutch and thats the most troubling thing.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    Actually the Jets defense has not been on the field much longer than they were last year.....

    Offense average TOP is 30m..26s....Last year it was 31m...16s.....Less than a minute difference......So on average the Defense is on the field for 29m..34s

    Jets offense ranks #14 in TOP ......
    well i guess watching the jets lose makes the games a lot longer.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    well i guess watching the jets lose makes the games a lot longer.



    LOL!......They can be tough to watch....

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Respectfully, I disagree. One fact you failed to mention, an offensive consultant by the name of Tom Moore was brought in this past offseason. Now if Schitty is here for the long term, why was this action taken?

    IMO no way do the Jets give up on Sanchez. Much too early in his career. Schotty will be gone first and the Jets will see what they have under a new offensive philosophy.
    +1. If they loved Schotty they would not have brought in Tom Moore. No way does Sanchez go before Schotty.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us