Thread: Joe Mcknight vs CJ Spiller

Joe Mcknight vs CJ Spiller

For a guy who was drafted in the top 10 .... CJ doesn't look any better than McKnight at this stage in their careers. They are both really good receivers coming out of the backfield although the Bills use CJ more but when I watch both of them run ... especially between the tackles ... I'll take Mcknight. McKnight also has made some huge plays on special teams. He's at the top of the league in kickoff return avg and has a blocked punt that led to a TD against Dallas. I think when comparing the 2 they look like very similar players but its a toss up of who you would pick and thats not a good thing when you're talking about the 1st running back picked in the draft vs a mid 4th round pick. To think ... the 2nd running back taken in the draft at pick 11 was Ryan Mathews.

I think the Jets got a real good value pick with McKnight. He's easily just as good as most of the backs picked higher than him. He's still a project though cause he's very raw and needs to work on protecting the ball better but all of these young guys usually come with that type of baggage. I like the potential Mcknight has especially as a running back .... Greene was rolling yesterday but Mcknight gives you those cutback runs in tight spaces that Greene doesn't, he's ran really well between the tackles, gives you that potential homerun threat (he's come real close to breaking some runs), and he's awesome in the screen game. Our screen game with Mcknight is by far the best its looked in the Sanchez era. He starts setting up his blockers so much quicker than Greene or LT and has that fresh burst once he gets the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    McKnight has turned out to be a very good 4th round pick

remember last November when the chicken littles were slashing their wrists over those two BUSTS -- McKnight and Kyle Wilson

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

remember last November when the chicken littles were slashing their wrists over those two BUSTS -- McKnight and Kyle Wilson
    if ducasse pans out, that should be enough to have everyone hold back the criticism for a bit. now all the kid has to do is pan out.

Stupid people proven stupid once again.

When it comes to draft picks you can NEVER be too quick to jump on them. Guys develop differently. We'd all like for them to make instant impacts like Wilkerson, but there is a good percentage that takes some time to figure it all out.

As far as the thread goes, I'm philosophically against taking any running back in the first round outside of being able to guarantee that they are going to be Peterson. There are only a couple of backs in this league that are a notch above the rest and there are just so many of the others who are similar.

Veteran

Hopefully Powell turns out to be a good fourth round pick, too.

All League

Did you see the play Wilson made when he turned his head to break up a pas? Last year he doesn't make that play.

All League

And DuCasse?

All Pro
    There's no doubt those type of players are the type you're better off waiting to draft later.

Reggie Bush and CJ Spiller might be good players, but they're the type you can get later, for much better value.

Hall Of Fame
    welcome to my ignore list heynow same old jets fan guy