Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs scenario

All League

Playoffs scenario

Cinci goes to 7-5, as does Oakland and Denver.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Denver beating Minny sucks. I expected them to but Minny should've won that game.

Oak losing to Mia was huge. Oak has Greenbay next week so if Oak continues to lose then we have a shot.

Next week we need:

GB over Oak
    Hou over Cincy; and
    N.O over Ten

All three are realistic.

If that happens and we win (which will always be a BIG if) we'll have the 6 seed.

All League
    The Jets don't need to scoreboard watch. If they win their games (and outside of the Giants, they should beat every one of those teams), they'll make the playoffs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Cinci goes to 7-5, as does Oakland and Denver.
    Playoff Scenarios Explained:
    1) if the Jets win out, it would take a miracle for them not to claim one of the wildcard spots (Pittsburgh will get the other one).
    2) if they lose one game, they are 50/50 to get in. With some luck, they still probably get in.
    3) if they lose two, they are done.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    The Jets don't need to scoreboard watch. If they win their games (and outside of the Giants, they should beat every one of those teams), they'll make the playoffs.
    in philly with vick probably playing is going to a very tough game

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Playoff Scenarios Explained:
    1) if the Jets win out, it would take a miracle for them not to claim one of the wildcard spots (Pittsburgh will get the other one).
    2) if they lose one game, they are 50/50 to get in. With some luck, they still probably get in.
    3) if they lose two, they are done.
    Whose playoff machine are you using? Fatcessca's?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    nope. Winning out also requires loses by some combination of Den/Oak for sure and perhaps Cinc.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead View Post
    nope
    This is so dumb, what you are saying is that you expect Denver to beat NE AND Oakland to beat GB, along with Cincy or Tennessee winning out

All League
    Tennessee is likely going to finish 10-6 and have a better conference record. We need to win out.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Whose playoff machine are you using? Fatcessca's?
    It's called Addition. They teach it in most grammar schools.

Baltimore and New England are near locks to win their divisions. Pittsburgh is very good and rolling. They will get one of the 2 AFC playoff spots. Houston and the winner of the AFC West will get in.

If the Jets finish 11-5, they will probably get in as it is very unlikely their competitors for the 2nd wildcard will win out.

If they finish 10-6, they will probably end up in a tiebreaker. Depending upon how things play out, they aren't looking good.

If they finish 9-7, somebody will finish ahead of them at 10-6 and/or one of the tiebreakers.

Contenders:
    Bengals - Got crushed today. Don't see them winning out.
    Titans - with CJ back in form, a real threat. 2 easy games and 2 hard games. Houston may not play hard in final game.
    Denver - lucky bastards, probably lose one game at most. Easy games with Bears (sans Cutler and Forte), Chiefs and Bills. Will probably win AFC west.
    Oakland - they lose at least one more game. At Green Bay next week.

Prediction: Comes down to Jets v. Titans
    Last edited by Digetydog; 12-04-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Tennessee is likely going to finish 10-6 and have a better conference record. We need to win out.
    Likely is dumb, Tennessee can easily lose any of their remaining games, even the one @IND, just going to have to take it week to week, IDK how you can say its likely they beat NO and @HOU

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Likely is dumb, Tennessee can easily lose any of their remaining games, even the one @IND, just going to have to take it week to week, IDK how you can say its likely they beat NO and @HOU
    They lose to NO, beat IND, JAX, and HOU, who will have wrapped up the division and resting starters week 17.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    It's called Addition. They teach it in most grammar schools.

Baltimore and New England are near locks to win their divisions. Pittsburgh is very good and rolling. They will get one of the 2 AFC playoff spots. Houston and the winner of the AFC West will get in.

If the Jets finish 11-5, they will probably get in as it is very unlikely their competitors for the 2nd wildcard will win out.

If they finish 10-6, they will probably end up in a tiebreaker. Depending upon how things play out, they aren't looking good.

If they finish 9-7, somebody will finish ahead of them at 10-6 and/or one of the tiebreakers.

Contenders:
    Bengals - Got crushed today. Don't see them winning out.
    Titans - with CJ back in form, a real threat. 2 easy games and 2 hard games. Houston may not play hard in final game.
    Denver - lucky bastards, probably lose one game at most. Easy games with Bears (sans Cutler and Forte), Chiefs and Bills. Will probably win AFC west.
    Oakland - they lose at least one more game. At Green Bay next week.

Prediction: Comes down to Jets v. Titans
    And that is why they play the game every Sunday. Every team you just mentioned in the hunt could lose every game. You're just a SOJF trying to bring down the board.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    And that is why they play the game every Sunday. Every team you just mentioned in the hunt could lose every game. You're just a SOJF trying to bring down the board.
    Actually, I am not trying to bring down the board. If they win out (which is doable given their schedule), I expect that they will make the playoffs.

Frankly, I expect them to crush the Chiefs and Fish. I expect them to beat Vick/Young and the Beagles. I expect that the money game will be against the Midgets in NMS in front of a full house.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead View Post
    nope. Winning out also requires loses by some combination of Den/Oak for sure and perhaps Cinc.
    I understand that. Technically yes, they do need other teams to lose. But I'm saying that if the Jets win out everything else will take care of itself and they'll be in the playoffs. None of those other teams will reach 11 wins.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    This is so dumb, what you are saying is that you expect Denver to beat NE AND Oakland to beat GB, along with Cincy or Tennessee winning out
    Don't put words in my mouth. All I said was that winning out does not give the Jets a playoff berth and still requires other teams to lose.

You can prognosticate who'll win/lose each week.

We need to win and keep our fingers crossed that the teams ahead of us lose (which they may very well do, IF we're lucky)

NFL.Com:
    6. Cincinnati Bengals
    7. Tennessee Titans
    8. Oakland Raiders
    9. New York Jets

Looks GREAT don't it?

Veteran
    Do any of you really have any confidence that the Jets can win out? With this offense?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Do any of you really have any confidence that the Jets can win out? With this offense?
    No. I don't.

I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment with grand thoughts of winning out and having all the cards fall just right.

The more likely scenario is that we don't win out and the other teams lose a few but we still end up on the outside looking in. It just FEELS that way.

All Pro
    Has there ever been an 11-5 team that didn't make the playoffs?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    Has there ever been an 11-5 team that didn't make the playoffs?
    2008 Pats