Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Our Season Ends If The Titans Beat The Saints Today" Thread

Banned

The "Our Season Ends If The Titans Beat The Saints Today" Thread

New Orleans
    @ Indianapolis
    Jacksonville
    @ Houston

If the Titans somehow figure out a way to eke one out at home against the Saints, that's the end of the 2011 Jets.

Indy and Jax are gimmies.

Houston will lay down like dogs in Week 17 because they'll be the locked-in #3 seed and have already beaten the Titans 41-7 earlier in the year. Given the choice of giving up a bye week to let the Jets into the playoffs or resting their players and letting the Titans in, the Texans will do the obvious.

Go Saints.

SAR I

Do we hold the tiebreaker on Cinci? DEN/OAK?

Even if the Saints beat the Titans, we're still not on win and in status.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    New Orleans
    @ Indianapolis
    Jacksonville
    @ Houston

If the Titans somehow figure out a way to eke one out at home against the Saints, that's the end of the 2011 Jets.

Houston will lay down like dogs in Week 17 because they'll be the locked-in #3 seed and have already beaten the Titans 41-7 earlier in the year. Given the choice of giving up a bye week to let the Jets into the playoffs or resting their players and letting the Titans in, the Texans will do the obvious.

Go Saints.

SAR I

Thumbs down

Stop wasting your time.
    Titans aint beating the Saints.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    New Orleans
    @ Indianapolis
    Jacksonville
    @ Houston

Go Saints.

SAR I
    Good news, New Orleans is looking for San Francisco's #2 and they think SF will fold.

Practice Squad
    Lets just win today...

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Do we hold the tiebreaker on Cinci? DEN/OAK?

Even if the Saints beat the Titans, we're still not on win and in status.
    If the Jets win-out:

Bengals, Titans and either the Broncos or Raiders must lose once for the Jets to make the playoffs.

New Orleans
    @ Indianapolis
    Jacksonville
    @ Houston

Go Saints.

SAR I
    While I agree that a Saints win today is very important for the Jets, don't give up hope either way.

In December 2009, who thought the 5-11 Raiders would beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh and the Broncos in Denver! If they did not win both those games the Jets would not have qualified for the playoffs.

The NFL is a week to week league and there are still 4 weeks left.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 12-11-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Stop wasting your time.
    I tend to agree, but I remember thinking the same thing about the Hasselbeck lead Seahawks not beating the Saints last year.

Undrafted Free Agent
    The Titans are the biggest danger to our playoff chances. Either Oakland or Denver will fall out of the race. Cincy also has a tough schedule and will lose today. I believe Tennessee will lose to the Saints but if not we are in major trouble.

Practice Squad

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    If the Jets win-out:

Bengals, Titans and either the Broncos or Raiders must lose once for the Jets to make the playoffs.
    All 3 lose today. Cinci Tenn and Oak.

Rookie
    It must be a lot of work constantly filling that half-empty glass.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    While I agree that a Saints today win is very important for the Jets, don't give up hope either way.

In December 2009, who thought the 5-11 Raiders would beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh and the Broncos in Denver! If they did not win both those games the Jets would not have qualified for the playoffs.

The NFL is a week to week league and there are still 4 weeks left.
    Agreed! I think Indy will be a tough test for the Titans, as they will not want to go 0-16; Titans have only won 1 of 3 divisional games (Indy at home) so couls easily lose one, if not two more after today's game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    It must be a lot of work constantly filling that half-empty glass.
    I have learned to really tongue and cheek enjoy SAR I's style. VERY Consistent and smooth like a good scotch.

Yet.... your response is note worthy!

He wont admit it..but SAR smiled at it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    So...the Titans are Pu$$y's????
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 12-11-2011 at 08:41 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tomerjets View Post
    The Titans are the biggest danger to our playoff chances. Either Oakland or Denver will fall out of the race. Cincy also has a tough schedule and will lose today. I believe Tennessee will lose to the Saints but if not we are in major trouble.
    I would argue that the biggest threat to the Jets' playoff chances is the Jets. After today's game against the Chiefs, I'm not confident about ANY off the remaining three match-ups.

All Pro
    The titans will beat the saints today. But it really doesnt matter because they will drop 1 of their last 3. Saints always suck on the road, outdoors and on grass.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    New Orleans
    @ Indianapolis
    Jacksonville
    @ Houston

Go Saints.

SAR I
    No gimmies in this league.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Stop wasting your time.
    Just like TEbow ain't beating the jets.