Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyway we clinch in Week 16?

Anyway we clinch in Week 16?

It'd be great to not have to win in Week 17 and allow the guys a breather before the playoff run. Having to go all out for the final six weeks of the regular season, and then hopefully four playoff games might be a little too much. Not to mention we'd have to win 10 straight games to reach the ultimate goal...

Hall Of Fame
    Pretty simple way to clinch week 16.

Titans, Raiders, and Bengals all lose 1 more game in the next 2 weeks and the Jets win the next 2.

That's my hope. Jets clinch at 10-5

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

Titans, Raiders, and Bengals all lose 1 more game in the next 2 weeks and the Jets win the next 2.

those three teams all losing last week was freaking huge, since all have manageable schedules the rest of the way.

OAK: hosts DET this week, then finishes at KC and home to SD
    CIN: At STL this week, then home to AZ and BALT
    TEN: AT INDY, then home to JAX and at HOU

OAK can definietly lose this week. CIN and TEN have relatively easy games until week 17, but remains to be seen what their opponents that week will be playing for. STL could be tricky for CIN this week if they're not careful. TEN should win the next two if they have any respect for themselves.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanmack View Post
    those three teams all losing last week was freaking huge, since all have manageable schedules the rest of the way.

OAK: hosts DET this week, then finishes at KC and home to SD
    CIN: At STL this week, then home to AZ and BALT
    TEN: AT INDY, then home to JAX and at HOU

OAK can definietly lose this week. CIN and TEN have relatively easy games until week 17, but remains to be seen what their opponents that week will be playing for. STL could be tricky for CIN this week if they're not careful. TEN should win the next two if they have any respect for themselves.
    Yep, all 3 losing this past week changed the Jets season for the better.

While STL & INDY seem like cakewalk on paper, I think those games are closer to a toss up.

The Bengals may be in the throws of another collapse. That was an absolutely brutal loss to the Texans. That heartbreak might have a carry over affect for another week.

Word is that Hasselback might be out this wee, so the rookie QB will get his first start on the road. Indy has been spunky recently so it might be a fight.

The Jets definitely have the toughest game this week out of the Bengals, Titans, and themselves.

As to the Raiders, I'm not sure because I don't like the Lions as a road team and I'm not sure about the Raiders' health.

All Pro
    being that all of our competition lost last week, I believe we could clinch if we win the next 2 games and cincy, ten, and oak/den loses in wk 16. They would finish no better than 9-7 and we would have 10 wins if we beat eagles/giants.......

All Pro
    I have a feeling Ten is gonna be a thorn in our backside till the end. Unless IND pulls the upset of all upsets!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    The Raiders are a non-factor. They're totally collapsing and have two games left I'm pretty confident they will lose (Lions, Chargers).

Bengals and Titans are the threats.

Bengals will crush the Rams (pitiful, pathetic team) but the Ravens will likely still be playing for playoff position Week 17, and the Cardinals have been playing much better football recently than people realize.

Titans are the scariest. They should mop the floor with the hapless Colts. Again, hopefully the Texans will still be playing hard Week 17, and honestly, the Jaguars game could be big. They're a so-so team I could see pulling the upset. They've already beaten the Titans (granted, that was Week 1) so you never know.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... yes ...

... more likely that you win lottery though ...

l_j_r

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Titans are the scariest. They should mop the floor with the hapless Colts. Again, hopefully the Texans will still be playing hard Week 17, and honestly, the Jaguars game could be big. They're a so-so team I could see pulling the upset. They've already beaten the Titans (granted, that was Week 1) so you never know.
    I think the Jags can beat Tennessee...

Besides, Locker has more passing yards than Hasselback in the last four weeks...

Matt looks like he'll go against Indy but hopefully Freeney and Mathis cause him some problems...

Realistically speaking, probably only about a 10% chance all of the above comes to fruition. I'd say the least likely scenario is Titans losing 1 of their next 2 games, probably followed by us winning both of ours. Raiders will lose one of their next 2. Bengals could lose to the Cards.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Just once in my lifetime I would like to see the Jets cruise to a division title and not have to worry about anyone else.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Just once in my lifetime I would like to see the Jets cruise to a division title and not have to worry about anyone else.
    I'll just take a divsion crown. We have, what, 2 in 40 years?

Yep, all 3 losing this past week changed the Jets season for the better.

While STL & INDY seem like cakewalk on paper, I think those games are closer to a toss up.

The Bengals may be in the throws of another collapse. That was an absolutely brutal loss to the Texans. That heartbreak might have a carry over affect for another week.

Word is that Hasselback might be out this wee, so the rookie QB will get his first start on the road. Indy has been spunky recently so it might be a fight.

The Jets definitely have the toughest game this week out of the Bengals, Titans, and themselves.

As to the Raiders, I'm not sure because I don't like the Lions as a road team and I'm not sure about the Raiders' health.
    If you tortured yourself with any of last night's game, then you should realize that the Rams cannot be counted on for anything. They are a dead man walking team. 2-14 soon to be. They're done. Bradford can barely even move on his ankle.

Colts I could see circling this game as one to really fight for to avoid going 0-16. They just don't have the players. Chris Johnson will probably rush for 200 yards in that game. I give it about a 10% chance of upset.

Raiders-Lions could go either way. Both teams are cold right now in the midst of bad stretches. Raiders need to get some injured players back, that could change the outlook of this game.

All League
    98 was pretty good....the last week (vs. new england i think)was actually meaningless....but you are correct, it's been WAY too long

Veteran
    Born after 1998, eh?

But yes, I feel ya. Jets are a natural blood-pressure raiser

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I have a feeling Ten is gonna be a thorn in our backside till the end. Unless IND pulls the upset of all upsets!!!!!!!!
    dont forget....Locker is a rookie qb....peaks and valleys

Hall Of Fame
    prediction, mark it down

Week 17 vs Miami will be a post clinching game which Rex can use to rest most of the regulars

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    dont forget....Locker is a rookie qb....peaks and valleys
    I dont think Hasselbeck will miss significant time.....

I said the same about Jets being 10-5. That may clinch it due to the competition losing under the pressure.

This upcoming game should tell us a lot about this team. If the Jets are truly in playoff mode...they should show up and win a tough battle against the Eagles on the road.