Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PREDICT the Score: JETS vs iggles

Exclamation PREDICT the Score: JETS vs iggles

Jets (and numerous J.I. "Road Warriors" like Uncle Baddniss) travel to Philly Sunday to play in the 4pm game.
    Vegas says we are 3 point UNDERDOGS, with a 44-point over-under.

Philly has been notoriously bad at home this season. When Micheal Vick was hurt , Andy Reid literally almost lost his job. Vick is healthy again now, and will run all over the Jets. Shadow him with ERIC SMITH??? Yeah , right...Vick will also throw deep on the Jets, now that Jim Leonard is out. This game will be trouble for us.
    Sanchez must truly step up for this game. But its not that easy to throw on Nnamdi.

Great op for Sat nite party in Philly (thanks to LimoLady) and Sunday 12 noon pre-game tailgate BBQ (thanks to TailGateJoe). See other thread for festivities info.

Baddniss also has 1 extra 50 yd line ticket for sale. PM me here.

Give us your final score prediction and any players stats for the tie-breaker.
    good luck to all.
    See you in Philly on Sat nite!!!

B.

Jets 27 Eagles 21

Practice Squad
    Jets - 24
    Eagles - 20

All Pro
    I really don't like this game for the Jets. It just looks like a bad matchup for the D.

Jets - 24
    Eagles - 27

If the Jets are going to win, they need to control the ball and beat up that crew of little DL and LBs. Or they need to knock Vick out of the game.

All Pro
    Jets 20-17 Iggles

Veteran
    JETS - 24

beagles - 17

All League
    I think the Eagles have packed it up at this point. They shouldn't offer much resistance. The only reason they *might* come to play is to play spoiler but I doubt it. I think the Jets should win this one without too much trouble. I expect 3 picks in this game.

Practice Squad
    Jets 24
    Eagles 23

All Pro
    Jets 28
    Eagles 20

Rookie
    Been nervous about this matchup for about 6 weeks...As much as I hate to say it, speed will kill this week. 2 TD from Shady, a TD from Celek. Only chance we have is GnP and get up early.

Eagles 27
    Jets 17

Veteran
    Jets keeps the offense rolling

Jets 38
    Eagles 19

Desean quits, McCoy gets Hurt, Vick is a no show

Green 2TD 75yds
    Sanchez 3TD 1 INT
    Keller has a break out game with 2TDs
    Santonio adds another to keep his streak rolling.

Veteran
    Jets: 38
    Eagles: 28

All Pro
    I was nervous about this game until I saw '09 Playoffs Shonn Greene show up last Sunday. Someone else already mentioned how small the Eagles defense is. Tom Moore has us rolling right now, and the team learned how to play without Leonhard last year.

Jets 27
    Eagles 20

Greene gets another 90-110 yards on the ground, along with 1 TD as he continues his strong late season play.

Good day for Plax, 4-6 catches for 70-80 yards.

Very quiet day for Keller: the Eagles are the 2nd best team in the league at defending the TE. That could indicate a rough game for Sanchez.

NOTE FOR SCHOTTY: Bring the screen game on Sunday. Trent Cole is on one side of the line, with Jason Babin on the other. These guys can get after the QB, and Hunter is going to have a hard time with one of them if they're allowed to pin their ears back.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    NOTE FOR SCHOTTY: Bring the screen game on Sunday. Trent Cole is on one side of the line, with Jason Babin on the other. These guys can get after the QB, and Hunter is going to have a hard time with one of them if they're allowed to pin their ears back.

Yup, and the Eagles like to bring the house. If Sanchez can get the ball off quickly, the Eagles can be burned all day though. The Eagles defense is only effecive if Sanchez can't hit the quick pass. The draw would work against them as well.

The Eagles are out of the playoffs now though and their coach is about to get canned, as I said in a previous post, I figure Vince is good for 3 picks in this game.

Hall Of Fame
    Horrible match up for the Jets. Way too much speed for the Eagles.

Jets 21
    Eagles 31

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Yup, and the Eagles like to bring the house. If Sanchez can get the ball off quickly, the Eagles can be burned all day though. The Eagles defense is only effecive if Sanchez can't hit the quick pass. The draw would work against them as well.

The Eagles are out of the playoffs now though and their coach is about to get canned, as I said in a previous post, I figure Vince is good for 3 picks in this game.
    Problem is Vince is back on the bench. Vick is back.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    Problem is Vince is back on the bench. Vick is back.
    Ah, didn't realize that... hopefully, his ribs are still tender... I'm going to say that Vick is good for two picks then

All Pro
    This game is very tricky, Matchup nightmares for our Defense, don't sleep on the Eagles secondary, but I don't know I just can pick against these scrappy NY Jets....

Moore/Schotty will have them ready for Nnamdi and Co.
    Heavy dose of War Machine against a soft run defense.
    Rex will throw tons of exotic blitzes (featuring Mayhem) at Vick as he doesn't read blitzes very well.

Jets 31
    Eagles 27

Shonn Greene 2 TD's
    Maybin at least 1 strip sack fumble

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jets blow this one

Please Prove Me Wrong!!
    Last edited by TJ; 12-14-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Eagles 37
    Jets 17

Jets are going to get smoked in this one. No pressure on the Eagles, McCoy is going to rip us a new one.