Thread: Sanchez Very Coy About Injury

All Pro

Sanchez Very Coy About Injury

He was asked directly at least twice, answering "just a good hit, I'm fine, took a good shot" things like that. From what I saw, it wasn't a hit and the treatment on the sideline looked to be for a stinger, so why not say as much? In fact, someone asked if it was a stinger and he said he "didn't really know, just a good hit".

WTF?

All Pro
    He's pissed and frustrated and doesn't really wanna talk?

Veteran
    He got hit helmet to helmet on that play and it wasn't called. It doesn't take a big hit to the head to get hurt. When will the refs call that for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    He got hit helmet to helmet on that play and it wasn't called. It doesn't take a big hit to the head to get hurt. When will the refs call that for us?
    i could be wrong, but on top of that it looked like he was tossed to the ground after the ball traveled like 20 yards. how is that not roughing the passer. i mean if you're going to blow the helmet to helmet call, how can you miss the defensive player on top of sanchez literally 5 seconds after he released the ball?

All League
    If he was injured badly he wouldn't have been in the game late when we were getting blown out. He made it seem like it was nothing because it was nothing.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    If he was injured badly he wouldn't have been in the game late when we were getting blown out. He made it seem like it was nothing because it was nothing.
    First of all, I agree with you that I doubt it was anything more serious than a stinger. But then why not say as much, why the Belichickian response? It was obvious that at the time it was considered serious by both him and the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    First of all, I agree with you that I doubt it was anything more serious than a stinger. But then why not say as much, why the Belichickian response? It was obvious that at the time it was considered serious by both him and the coaching staff.
    I believe Sanchez is pissed off big time with the performance of the Oline AND the coaching staff. I'm surprised this kid hasn't missed any games. He is getting his brains beaten in.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    I believe Sanchez is pissed off big time with the performance of the Oline AND the coaching staff. I'm surprised this kid hasn't missed any games. He is getting his brains beaten in.
    I agree. I think part of the "regression" we are seeing from Sanchez is that he is being somewhat undermined (not deliberately) by the coaches. I don't get that "this is my team" vibe from him, even when he says it. Seems like he is still viewed as some wet-behind-the-ears kid who won't be taken seriously if he rips the OL or a receiver. Just speculating....

You are so right. The NFL obviously has a different set of rules for certain players. Babin hit Sanchez in the side of the head,then threw him down. Easy call for the refs, but since it wasn't one of the " golden boys", no call. Contrast that to the call on Pace on the TD pass to Celek.....hits Vick, as he's throwing the ball, with his shoulder pads in the chest. I really think Sanchez might have a concussion. Rex should stop telling everybody how great the Jets are in every press conference, and should start talking about how he's tired of seeing his Qb clobbered every game and that the league should start protecting all qb'S not just 3-4.

Hall Of Fame
    Me thinks the was trying to buy a penalty and when it didnt work he did not want to make it obvious so he kept it up on the sideline.

He looked fine after that. He came out b.c it was a blowout and he had ZERO protection.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    He was asked directly at least twice, answering "just a good hit, I'm fine, took a good shot" things like that. From what I saw, it wasn't a hit and the treatment on the sideline looked to be for a stinger, so why not say as much? In fact, someone asked if it was a stinger and he said he "didn't really know, just a good hit".

WTF?

He's very tight-lipped about his injuries. Maybe for a few reasons (?)
    he doesn't want attraction diverted towards him and away from the team, he puts more importance on a team loss or win than his personal injuries, he doesn't want an opposing team knowing he's injured and where he's vunerable and he doesn't want to be pulled out of the game or miss reps in practice if he acknowledges he's injured. He didn't even want to come out of the game yesterday. These explanations seems to be characteristic of Sanchez. Personally, I think he is having a right side shoulder/neck problem-- yesterday wasn't the first time that area has gotten attention on the sideline.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Me thinks the was trying to buy a penalty and when it didnt work he did not want to make it obvious so he kept it up on the sideline.

He looked fine after that. He came out b.c it was a blowout and he had ZERO protection.
    Holy crap!

Clearly just a stinger... Pinched nerve in neck or something of that nature.

Veteran
    It says in the NFL rulebook that rule only applies to QB's who have the first name of Tom.