Thread: This loss should bring some down to earth.

This loss should bring some down to earth.

When we win a couple of games this forum acts like we're superbowl contenders again. When we lose a game like today this forum acts like we're an expansion team. Fact is .... its niether. People have been talking about the Eagles all week on this forum as if the game was going to be cake. Few pointed out to the Eagles record and etc. Well fact is records are deceptive in this league from week to week hence why the Chargers could spank the Ravens, Rams beat the Saints, and the 5-8 Eagles gave to us what we gave the Chiefs last week. Those same Chiefs who just beat the Packers by the way. This league is a week to week league. The fact is that the Jets have a strong chance of going this entire season without being a team thats headed to the playoff's. The only winning team we beat was Dallas. Now none of this matters next week when we play the Giants however. All of last week it was people riding high cause of how we looked against KC and I'm sure now headed into the game with the Giants the pundits will say that the Giants who just got spanked by the Redskins will beat us easily.

This league is all about matchups. The Eagles are what most teams in the NFL try to be. They are VERY fast and explosive on both sides of the ball. Vick being hurt for 60% of the season has effected their chances of living up to the hype. Make no mistake .... today we lose to a very good team. They are 1st in sacks, 11th in defense, top 6 in total offense. To top it off most of their wins have been by 14 or more. We didn't lose to a typical 5-8 team. Philly is one of those VERY rare losing teams that have outscored their opponents by a ton of points. Today was a bad week. Our weakness's got exposed even more so. This only means one thing. Rex and company are smart enough to realize that other teams will line up their pass rusher on Wayne Hunter and that Wayne needs help every single time. We were running all over the Eagles and ground and pounding it in their face and they couldn't do anything about it. The 2 turnovers Holmes cost us did 2 things: A. it broke our momentum (especially the second one), and B. it gave the home team that has explosive capabilities all the momentum. This has done us in time and time again. You can't play a team like Philly and just beat yourself. Talent wise we stood no chance but when you're in the red zone and you're committing dumb false start penalties and etc you're not doing yourself any favors. If we can clean these things up we still stand a chance to make something out of this season. Rex can coach these guys up and patch our holes up but now this season will be a strong test for him. Lets see what he can do and lets see what our players take from this beating. Do they step up or do they fold .... All I know is that we're some where in between what we did to the Chiefs and what the Eagles did to us.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Are you in a hurry?

Your threads suck sooooooo much...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Are you in a hurry?
    The 2011 New York Jets have beaten 1 team with a winning record this season. We just no-showed and lost 45-19 giving up 425 yards of offense against a 5-win team.

And we're "overreacting".

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    The OP obviously did not read the memo. After a win against some bottom feeder or other they get to call out the whole board, spraying around their SOJF nonsense and administering "real Jets fan" loyalty tests hither and yon.

After an embarrassing loss to a team not likely to make the playoffs, nobody is allowed to question their "Tanny is infallible".... nothing is wrong with this team nonsense. I give sg3 half a day before he is back on his soapbox again lecturing the board on how to be a real Jets fan.

All League
    Bart Scott believes the Jets have more talent to tap into. That was before yesterday. So either the players are careless, lazy, and unmotivated, or the coaches are misreading and misteaching, or Bart Scott is overestimating the entire lot.

Even a guy like me can see what's fundamentally wrong with our OL's and DL's technique. Imagine what opponents can find when they study a bit of film on the Jets. Philly obviously did their homework on us, the Jets took the Eagles for granted. Rex and his inept staff had no idea what they were in for.

Sure, you can argue that if you take away Holmes' fumble and the redzone INT through Holmes' hands - etc - the game would've been different. But those mental mistakes along with numerous penalties are on the coaches and their level of preparation.

I expected the Jets to come out focused and adjusted in the second half.

Silly me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Philly is one of those VERY rare losing teams that have outscored their opponents by a ton of points.
    I need some stats on this gem.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The 2011 New York Jets have beaten 1 team with a winning record this season. We just no-showed and lost 45-19 giving up 425 yards of offense against a 5-win team.

And we're "overreacting".

SAR I
    WHAT!?!1

As soon ans the Jets find their chests, they'll beat 'em right in front of you. How dare you, SIR!

I definitely thought people got over-excited by the 3 game winning streak. Let's not forget the QBs we defeated in those games. Fitzpatrick, Grossman, and Palko. A Rex Ryan D should never lose to QBs of that caliber, that's why the Denver loss was so shocking. Reality is, good offenses and good QBs have been destroying us all year. We're not as talented as we thought. Talent-wise, we're probably an average D that is propped up by a great scheme. On offense, we have a young developing QB who is capable of brilliance, but in general an average player. There is no rhyme or reason for us to be an elite team, it's just not there. I think some of us were tricked by the playoff runs. But let's be honest, the wins against Chargers and Pats were UPSETS. They were far better teams than us that for whatever reason performed poorly when we played them. That is why it is an Any Given Sunday league. But I think those playoff runs led some of us to believe the team is better than it is.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I need some stats on this gem.
    LOLOMGLMAO

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

tl;dr (even breaking it up into more paragraphs might help)

Hall Of Fame
    Our slow as molassas defense made to order for the Eagles track team offense. None of that forgives the horrible turnovers or the offensive line failing to protect our QB but this game was always going to be a matchup problem for us. Personally I do not think the problems with the Jets get fixed until the offseason and probably not even a single offseason will fill all the glaring holes on the Jets.

Right now right tackle is killing this team and if we expect Sanchez to have a 5+ year career we need to address that first. Yes I know we are waiting for Vlad (a recent high draft pick) and I know we just gave Wayne Hunter a new deal last year but we are one play away from a world with Mark Brunell in it and I am amazed that Sanchez has held up as well as he has given the beating he is taking.

Aside from RT, our other needs are numerous and documented at length elsewhere (unless you are sg3 in which case this team has no problems).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Yes OP, the paragraph is your friend.

All Pro
    Cmon man, you know there's no place for being the voice of reason on this board

People like to ride the rollercoaster with this team, people get really high after a win or a string of wins, and people get really low after a loss or a string of losses.

Just the emotions for some of being a fan.....

Hall Of Fame
    This thread delivers....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    This thread delivers....
    It's not delivery it's DiWCGiorno.

(The WC is silent.)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    It's not delivery it's DiWCGiorno.

(The WC is silent.)
    DiWCGiorno2 ?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    +1 I don't even bother reading his threads. Just a sea of words