Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Never Root for the VaGiants Again

All League

Will Never Root for the VaGiants Again

I was at the game yesterday and couldn't help but notice an overall difference in attitudes between the two fan bases....Even leading up to the game in the parking lot

Throughout the whole game, atleast around where I was sitting, the Jets fans were just either cheering or booing their own team and were not really concerned with the Giants. Jets fans were discussing the game or yelling out things that were 99% about the Jets play.....It was basically like we were playing any other opponent for a regular home game

On the other hand, Giants fans were constantly yelling sarcastic comments about Sanchez, Plaxico, Rex Ryan, and basically just ripping up our team whenever we screwed up or the Giants made a big play. I'm not even kidding when I say that more than half of the outbursts or comments yelled out from Giants fans were about the Jets as opposed to cheering their own good plays

After the game and as the game was ending, I have never seen a more classless group of fans.....Giants fans were screaming "J E T S Suck Suck Suck", running around doing the airplane in a sarcastic manner, getting in Jets fans' faces rubbing it in badly.....I must have heard "This is GIANTS Stadium!!" over 100 times, etc

My friend that is also a Jets fan could not believe how many jerkoff facebook statuses from Giants fans there were ripping on the Jets in a condescending tone as opposed to just being happy the Giants won, and I noticed it as well ALOT.......We were both agreeing that we wanted the Jets to win WAY MORE because it was our playoff life on the line regardless of opponent, not because we wanted to "run NY" or something dumb like that

Has anyone else noticed how ridiculous Giants fans were acting throughout and after the game? Yeah they have bragging rights, but I just found it very odd that Giants fans were THAT CONCERNED with the Jets....Never knew it was quite that bad........The fact that their season is still alive should be top priority but it certainly does not seem that way

Regardless, the Giants just went from a "Meh, whatever" rooting interest to an "F them, I hope they get blown out every game" attitude

GO COWBOYS!!
    Last edited by King Koopa; 12-26-2011 at 02:50 AM.

All League
    They are insecure and nervous. See us as a threat (well, maybe not after how we played yesterday).

It's childish but many of us would act the same way if the Jets were the "dominant" team for several decades and were suddenly and brazenly challenged.

Giants fan behaviour is compounded by the fact that a reason a lot of them became Giants fans in the first place is because they have major personal insecurities, and this makes them unwilling to root for anything other than a "winning franchise". When this very ground is challenged, it's a direct call to action to defend their innermost weaknesses. Not surprising.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I was at the game yesterday and couldn't help but notice an overall difference in attitudes between the two fan bases....Even leading up to the game in the parking lot

Throughout the whole game, atleast around where I was sitting, the Jets fans were just either cheering or booing their own team and were not really concerned with the Giants. Jets fans were discussing the game or yelling out things that were 99% about the Jets play.....It was basically like we were playing any other opponent for a regular home game

On the other hand, Giants fans were constantly yelling sarcastic comments about Sanchez, Plaxico, Rex Ryan, and basically just ripping up our team whenever we screwed up or the Giants made a big play. I'm not even kidding when I say that more than half of the outbursts or comments yelled out from Giants fans were about the Jets as opposed to cheering their own good plays

After the game and as the game was ending, I have never seen a more classless group of fans.....Giants fans were screaming "J E T S Suck Suck Suck", running around doing the airplane in a sarcastic manner, getting in Jets fans' faces rubbing it in badly.....I must have heard "This is GIANTS Stadium!!" over 100 times, etc

My friend that is also a Jets fan could not believe how many jerkoff facebook statuses from Giants were ripping on the Jets in a condescending tone as opposed to just being happy the Giants won, and I noticed it as well ALOT.......We were both agreeing that we wanted the Jets to win WAY MORE because it was our playoff life on the line regardless of opponent, not because we wanted to "run NY" or something dumb like that

Has anyone else noticed how ridiculous Giants fans were acting throughout and after the game? I mean, it doesn't really bother me, but I just found it very odd that Giants fans were THAT CONCERNED with the Jets....Never knew it was quite that bad........

Regardless, the Giants just went from a "Meh, whatever" rooting interest to an "F them, I hope they get blown out every game" attitude

GO COWBOYS!!
    Hey, when you have your coach and certain players mouthing off how they are the better team, and this our stadium, this is what happens. You have to live with it. You dont think if the roles were reversed, Jets fans would act any better ? With that being said, I would love for the Cowboys to take down the Giants Sunday.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    They are insecure and nervous. See us as a threat (well, maybe not after how we played yesterday).

It's childish but many of us would act the same way if the Jets were the "dominant" team for several decades and were suddenly and brazenly challenged.

Giants fan behaviour is compounded by the fact that a reason a lot of them became Giants fans in the first place is because they have major personal insecurities, and this makes them unwilling to root for anything other than a "winning franchise". When this very ground is challenged, it's a direct call to action to defend their innermost weaknesses. Not surprising.
    This makes sense, but it has really gotten to me for some reason.....I always was under the impression that we were just friendly rivals

If the Jets won yesterday, there is NO CHANCE I would have ran around like a fool yelling "JETlife Stadium!!" in Giants fans' faces......I would have been high fiving other Jets fans due to the fact that we were 1 game away from a playoff birth, while simply saying "Good Game" to the Giants fans, especially on Christmas Eve

The attitude for Giants fans all around was basically a "Big FU" to the Jets and their fans......I have not seen ONE facebook status about how the Giants are about to win their division.....ALL about mocking the Jets and pumping their chests about how they are the #1 team in NY

Really pisses me off, F THEM!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    Hey, when you have your coach and certain players mouthing off how they are the better team, and this our stadium, this is what happens. You have to live with it. You dont think if the roles were reversed, Jets fans would act any better ? With that being said, I would love for the Cowboys to take down the Giants Sunday.
    I can honestly tell you 100% I would have been celebrating with fellow Jets fans with possibly a few friendly jabs at my close friends and family that happen to be Giants fans......

The attitude of these Giants fans was one of pure hatred of the Jets....And I never thought it was like that

Banned

From the moment the Giants won their Super Bowl, the NY media ignored them and instead focused on The Brett Favre Show, and then The Rex Ryan Circus and saw the Jets go deep in the playoffs as the Giants failed time and time again.

So, to a Giants fan, yesterday was a way to get New York's head screwed on right again, especially after Ryan again poked the bear all week long. So you can't blame the Giants fans for taking glee in shutting up our coach and our fans.

They beat us, they deserve it, let it go.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    I can honestly tell you 100% I would have been celebrating with fellow Jets fans with possibly a few friendly jabs at my close friends and family that happen to be Giants fans......

The attitude of these Giants fans was one of pure hatred of the Jets....And I never thought it was like that
    You may have acted like that, and I would do the same. But, you have to understand, the Jets have had more success the last few years, and all you have heard is that we are the better team, this is our stadium, we are going to show NYC on 12/24 we are the team of the city. When you crap the bed in a HUGE game for both teams, this is the fallout.

When you talk and deliver you are hero, when you talk and fail, you gotta deal with it

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

From the moment the Giants won their Super Bowl, the NY media ignored them and instead focused on The Brett Favre Show, and then The Rex Ryan Circus and saw the Jets go deep in the playoffs as the Giants failed time and time again.

So, to a Giants fan, yesterday was a way to get New York's head screwed on right again, especially after Ryan again poked the bear all week long. So you can't blame the Giants fans for taking glee in shutting up our coach and our fans.

SAR I
    Here's my main point though:

Jets Fans: "Hell yeah, we now are in the driver's seat for another playoff birth....One more win in Miami next week and we're in line for another run! Oh yeah, we beat that other NY team, nice"

Giants fans: "Hahahah Suckchez! How's that taste Rex!! Woooo we are #1 in New Yawkkk!!! Jets are the stepbrothers!!! FU Jets fans you will never be us, this is Giants Stadium!!.......And oh yeah, don't we have a chance to win the division next week"

Go Boys!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    You may have acted like that, and I would do the same. But, you have to understand, the Jets have had more success the last few years, and all you have heard is that we are the better team, this is our stadium, we are going to show NYC on 12/24 we are the team of the city. When you crap the bed in a HUGE game for both teams, this is the fallout.

When you talk and deliver you are hero, when you talk and fail, you gotta deal with it
    I get it, just didn't think it was this bad with Giants fans.....They can act like complete douchebags, and I can now root against them just as I do the Patriots every week, I feel like I have no other choice after what I just witnessed

Banned
    Here's my main point though:

Jets Fans: "Hell yeah, we now are in the driver's seat for another playoff birth....One more win in Miami next week and we're in line for another run! Oh yeah, we beat that other NY team, nice"

Giants fans: "Hahahah Suckchez! How's that taste Rex!! Woooo we are #1 in New Yawkkk!!! Jets are the stepbrothers!!! FU Jets fans you will never be us, this is Giants Stadium!!.......And oh yeah, don't we have a chance to win the division next week"

Go Boys!!
    One team wins the Super Bowl each year, the rest are different degrees of suck.

Giants aren't winning it all this year, nothing matters other than a weak NFC team beat us back-to-back. Rex doomed his poor brother though. That week of insults and Jacobs fodder will be the rallying cry this week. Giants vs. Ryan II. Little brother indeed.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 12-26-2011 at 03:17 AM.

All League
    One team wins the Super Bowl each year, the rest are different degrees of suck.

Giants aren't winning it all this year, nothing matters other than a weak NFC team beat us back-to-back.

SAR I
    Very true

All League
    I was surprised by all the hate coming from Giant fans, but I guess thats the Rex Effect.

Veteran
    Yeah, I'm bitter now, too. Go Cowboys.

My friend that is also a Jets fan could not believe how many jerkoff facebook statuses from Giants fans there were ripping on the Jets in a condescending tone as opposed to just being happy the Giants won, and I noticed it as well ALOT.......We were both agreeing that we wanted the Jets to win WAY MORE because it was our playoff life on the line regardless of opponent, not because we wanted to "run NY" or something dumb like that

Has anyone else noticed how ridiculous Giants fans were acting throughout and after the game? Yeah they have bragging rights, but I just found it very odd that Giants fans were THAT CONCERNED with the Jets....Never knew it was quite that bad........The fact that their season is still alive should be top priority but it certainly does not seem that way

GO COWBOYS!!
    Giants have the most overrated fan base in the NFL. In my section, the idiots behind me were drunk and kept spilling beer on my seat whenever they cheered.

All Pro

SAR I
    +1

They wouldn't have acted like this if Mangini was the HC. (Well, maybe if we had Favre under Mangini)

This was 100% a "STFU Rex, you're still little brother" thing.
    Last edited by Austin; 12-26-2011 at 11:32 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Yeah, I'm bitter now, too. Go Cowboys.
    Oh, no doubt.

Watching them lay an egg next week against the Cowboys would be epic.

Hall Of Fame

GO COWBOYS!!
    You're right, **** the Giants and their fans! Can't wait to see Dallas ***** slap them out of the building and out of the playoffs.

Banned
    Giants fans have been white trash for years. They want everyone to think they are classy but really are trailer park trash and bash the Jets any chance they get and welcome the opportunity. I remember and was in attendance at the snow ball game. The real Giants fan came out that day.

All League
    I can't remember his name at the moment but that orange faced ny tv personality with the really scratchy voice really hates the Jets.

Waterboy
    I agree with the OP.

I'm a Pats fan and was at SB 42. Yes, it still hurts.

When the game ended, the Giants fans were chanting "18-1, 18-1!" I was thinking, why are you chanting something about the Pats? Shouldn't you just be ecstatic that your team won the Super Bowl? I've never seen anything like it. When the Pats beat the Rams in SB 36 after no one gave them a chance, I didn't cheer against the Rams. I was just screaming in shock and joy that somehow the Pats won an unwinnable game. Same as you guys cheering when the Jets won with Namath. I'm sure your cheers were directed at the Jets, and not at the Colts.

I've always thought that Giants fans were trashy pieces of crap since then.