Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong for a Jet fan to cheer for the Giants?

Is it wrong for a Jet fan to cheer for the Giants?

They're not in our division, not in our conference .... we share a stadium with them and technically Rex started the war of words. I'm actually cheering for the Giants in this post-season run and I'm getting heat from all my friends that are Jet fans. Meanwhile these guys are going crazy everytime Brees throws a 10 yard gain. I'm hoping a New York team makes a run this year with all the anti-NY folks around I would like to see the Giants make a nice run here. Oh and I'm also cheering for the Bronco's to go as far possible just for entertainment value. Some of you are taking this Tebow thing too personal. His window of success might just be right now .... why not let the kid get as much as he can. He's a good kid and means well. I know the Jets ain't in the post-season but it doesn't mean it can't be entertaining to a Jet fan and I still don't get the automatic "hate the Giants" thing from Jet fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Only when they are playing an AFC EAST opponent not named the Jets. Or playing someone the Jets need to lose.

Hall Of Fame
    Its wrong for a jet fan to cheer period.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    LOL ...

All League
    Cheer all you want. Rodgers is gonna pick them apart

All Pro
    Yes, it's wrong ..............................

Who else are you going to cheer for out of that sorry playoff mess I guess?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    I am with you pal, god forbid something good happens for us and we should have something to cheer about LOL...

Veteran
    I'm rooting for the Giants as well.

Everybody who's team has been eliminated is pulling for a picking a team to go all the way. And I'm picking the NY team that made it. Gotta keep the title in the state

im not rooting for nor against the giants.

they are in the playoffs...good for them...im not going to say "we aren't the little brother" then whine and root against the giants in the same breath.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It is usually ridiculous when fans throw the "you're not a true fan" card or certain hot button issues.

Unfortunately for you, this is one of the rare instances when it can be accurately applied.

We hereby revoke your Jets Fan card.

Good day, sir.

Veteran
    I'm friends with too many Giants fans to root for their misery. Also, the better the Giants do in the playoffs, the better the Jets offseason will be. Rex hates being second fiddle in New York and a Giants run is going to piss him off even more than already is.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    It is usually ridiculous when fans throw the "you're not a true fan" card or certain hot button issues.

Unfortunately for you, this is one of the rare instances when it can be accurately applied.

We hereby revoke your Jets Fan card.

Good day, sir.
    Does it really though? It ain't even like he's rooting for the Patriots. Then you would have a point.

People act like the Jets & Giants are heating rivals. news flash: they aren't!

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Only when they are playing an AFC EAST opponent not named the Jets. Or playing someone the Jets need to lose.
    We dont cheer for the GIANTS PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Crease29 View Post
    I'm friends with too many Giants fans to root for their misery. Also, the better the Giants do in the playoffs, the better the Jets offseason will be. Rex hates being second fiddle in New York and a Giants run is going to piss him off even more than already is.
    I have a lot of friends that are Giants fans as well and I usually CHEER for their misery at all cost. The thing is .... most Giant fans I know cheered pretty heavy for us the past 2 years. I know they aren't as bitter as Jet fans cause they got that superbowl a couple of years ago but still ... I'm all for the Giants going off on a nice run here.

Veteran
    I will say this I never rooted harder for a non Jets team than the giants to ruin the pats perfect season. But it wouldn't matter who it was as long as they ruined the perfect season. my whole family is giants fans so I don't mind the giants. They rooted hard for the jets for me last 2 years.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    im not rooting for nor against the giants.

they are in the playoffs...good for them...im not going to say "we aren't the little brother" then whine and root against the giants in the same breath.
    +1 good point

Its hard for me to control who i root for outside of the AFC east. Usually i just root for a good game as a fan of football. But watching the Giants today i didn't have any "Marsha! Marsha!! Marsha!!!" animosity alot of Jets fans did. Maybe it because I don't live in NY.

I can't stand the Giants. I don't think jet fans should be rooting for them

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Does it really though? It ain't even like he's rooting for the Patriots. Then you would have a point.

People act like the Jets & Giants are heating rivals. news flash: they aren't!
    Where do you live?

Banned
    I'm thinking there is going to be a correlation between the Sanchez apologists and the "Jets fans" rooting for the Giants. I could never imagine rooting for the Giants and root against them vigorously whenever they are on. Figures though. If your starting QB is below avg and you vociferously defend that poor play how much of a Jets fan can you be anyway?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Where do you live?
    New York