Thread: I really hope things quiet down

Hall Of Fame

I really hope things quiet down

All of this talk from anonymous players calling out other players? This really is dangerous for the NYJ as a whole.

I have confidence now that Tony Sparano has been hired and Schotty is gone that some of the talk will change to quiet optimism on the part of the players. I think that feeling could go even further if the Jets sign a veteran QB and do not allow Sanchez a "free ride".

But this current state just cannot be good for the team's overall health. I hope the players get a notice of gag order with no uncertain terms very quickly.

Practice Squad
    Everything went well.

To here the team so disgusted this year is good than a team that is complacent
    Exposing some offense players as selfish and wimps as they went public.

A new oc that brings a new more aggressive attitude is great.

The journalist had their field day with us should inspire the better players
    next year.
    So far great off season!!

but of course they need to shut some players up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    All of this talk from anonymous players calling out other players? This really is dangerous for the NYJ as a whole.

I have confidence now that Tony Sparano has been hired and Schotty is gone that some of the talk will change to quiet optimism on the part of the players. I think that feeling could go even further if the Jets sign a veteran QB and do not allow Sanchez a "free ride".

But this current state just cannot be good for the team's overall health. I hope the players get a notice of gag order with no uncertain terms very quickly.
    Not really sure how this works. Is Sparano in charge as of today? If so, we can expect some examples to made as he puts his stamp on the way of the future. If he doesn't, and things stay quiet, I have to wonder if the right move was made.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Not really sure how this works. Is Sparano in charge as of today? If so, we can expect some examples to made as he puts his stamp on the way of the future. If he doesn't, and things stay quiet, I have to wonder if the right move was made.
    I kind of think it is Rex Ryan's way to let his coaches coach without interference from the HC. I think is a good quality with our HC. He trusts the guys he hires. In the case of Schotty, that good quality that Rex posesses turned to bite him in the A$$. Rex certainly should have gotten more involved in looking over Schotty's shoulder.

So I tend to believe Rex will Leave Sparano alone to his own devices with the task of getting the players to STFU. I hope it works.