Thread: Dashon "The Hawk" Goldson Would Look Dapper in Green and White next year

Hall Of Fame

Dashon "The Hawk" Goldson Would Look Dapper in Green and White next year

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/8/1...ct-free-safety

"The 49ers reportedly signed safety Madieu Williams to a contract earlier this afternoon in a sign that maybe Dashon Goldson won't be returning to San Francisco in 2011. The move does not necessarily preclude a return of The Hawk, but it certainly does not bode well for his future in San Francisco."

Goldson tweeted out a response this afternoon about the signing:
    "To answer sum of the ?'S I'm not sure wht tht move by the 9ers was for, I guess to scare me....well it didn't work. Try againless than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Retweet ReplyDashon Goldson
    thehawk38"

This is not exactly a shocking response on twitter. He followed that up by stating he is keeping an open mind and will consider taking his talents elsewhere "where I'm wanted" whether that be "san fran, dallas or whreva."

It will be interesting to see how the 49ers handle Goldson and whether the Williams signing does in fact indicate the end of the brief Dashon Goldson era in San Francisco. I'd argue the signing of Madieu does not preclude Goldson from returning, particularly given the fact that Williams only signed a one-year deal. Bringing back Goldson in spite of the Williams deal would create some solid depth at the safety position, and much needed competition. I'm not holding my breath that Goldson will be back, but you never know how this will play out.

All Pro
    Totally misleading article... brief Goldson era in SF?!? He has played there his entire NFL career. He has played five years for the Niners now and has no reason to leave. Born in California, went to University of Washington in the northeast and is now part of one of the best defenses in football as a pro bowl safety.

If you want Goldson you will have to overpay big time and even then SF might keep him...

All Pro
    uhhh...that article is irrelevant because this was before Goldson was a pro bowl safety on a top 5 defense which earned a 13-3 record and #2 seed.

SF will try everything in their power to keep him...however Safety is a HUGE need on this team so Woody needs to open his checkbook and get him......

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Thankfully nothing has changed for Goldston or the 9'rs since Aug 1st.

All Pro
    Him being a 4th round pick should give us some confidence that we will find a capable player for the position. Free agent class is strong aswell.

My pick is Tramain Thomas from Arkansas in Round 2 or 3....

All League
    Make it ha$$en Ta$$y

Veteran
    get emmmm

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    uhhh...that article is irrelevant because this was before Goldson was a pro bowl safety on a top 5 defense which earned a 13-3 record and #2 seed.

SF will try everything in their power to keep him...however Safety is a HUGE need on this team so Woody needs to open his checkbook and get him......
    Building a great passrush would make our secondary look much better. But I think a young free safety is also a need.

Would love to sign him. The draft class is awful for safeties.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wright View Post
    yea, it really is pathetic.

But I'm not sure about this guy, he seems like a guy that signs his contract and coasts.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wright View Post
    Agree, might be some hidden gems but on the surface it looks like rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Totally misleading article... brief Goldson era in SF?!? He has played there his entire NFL career. He has played five years for the Niners now and has no reason to leave. Born in California, went to University of Washington in the northeast and is now part of one of the best defenses in football as a pro bowl safety.

If you want Goldson you will have to overpay big time and even then SF might keep him...
    Rumors out there last year were Raiders had a big interest in Goldson in free agency. That never materialized as he sat out there in free agency for ever. That why he signed another one year deal because he couldn't get the long term deal he was looking for. I don't know if Goldson demands were excessive or teams interest just weren't there for his services. Players don't sit out in free agency that long without a reason. See Braylon Edwards)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 01-15-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Rumors out there last year were Raiders had a big interest in Goldson in free agency. That never materialized as he sat out there in free agency for ever. That why he signed another one year deal because he couldn't get the long term deal he was looking for. I don't know if Goldson demands were excessive or teams interest just weren't there for his services. Players don't sit out in free agency that long without a reason. See Braylon Edwards)
    he also had an offer from the patriots

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Before this season he was just some average safety. Really didnt do anything special in the league. Im always weary about guys who overperform during their contract year...