Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LT on NFL countdown...

Hall Of Fame

LT on NFL countdown...

asked where the Sanchez stuff is coming from....he said its based on the stuff that happened between the receivers and the QB in the locker room...

is this news to me only? he made it sound like they were bickering for a while. also said locker room had issues all year, but it just got out at the last game...

so ****ing disheartening coming from LT...u know he is not BS'ing

Banned
    You skipped the part where he said all NFL players have competition. That Mark didn't have any competition this year and that he would benefit from someone pushing him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Why when someone else comes out with the same story that we've heard before, that there were issues in the locker room, do we act surprised? Does another person saying it change anything?

Guys stirred sh1t. Most of them will be gone.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    You skipped the part where he said all NFL players have competition. That Mark didn't have any competition this year and that he would benefit from someone pushing him.
    hahahahahahaha, I do agree that was a valid point but man you really do hate sanchez dont you?

Hall Of Fame
    What exactly went on in those reported Thursday ice cream meetings? It was reported Rex, Sanchez, Holmes, Plax and Keller all met for ice cream.....Doesn't sound like anything was accomplished in those things other than an increase in Rex's caloric intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why when someone else comes out with the same story that we've heard before, that there were issues in the locker room, do we act surprised? Does another person saying it change anything?

Guys stirred sh1t. Most of them will be gone.
    I think hearing it from LT adds a lot of credibility. And I haven't heard anyone say it was between Sanchez and the recievers explicitly, although we all assumed it.

Is this available on the net? Link anyone?

Hall Of Fame
    It's called football 101. To have the audactity is simply "anoint" a starter without making him work for it smacks of stupidity. That is clearly Rex Ryan's fault. Besides not staying on the players for the fundamentals of the game, that is Rex's biggest fault.

He genuinely believes that if he just talks up his players they'll go play their A$$es off for him. 100% WRONG.

He needs to keep every single one of his players (and his coaches, for that matter) competing to keep their jobs each and every season. Every season begins they need to compete to get their jobs back. That's what good organizations do to bring out the best in everyone. Sanchez is no exception, in fact, I'd have to say it's the most important spot to hold competition.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I think hearing it from LT adds a lot of credibility. And I haven't heard anyone say it was between Sanchez and the recievers explicitly, although we all assumed it.

Is this available on the net? Link anyone?
    exactly what i was saying...i have not heard this sanchez/receivers spin before...not to mention that i had no idea they were *****ing at each other ALL YEAR!!!

honestly i am now questioning rex...how does this go on all year???
    Last edited by K-Met57; 01-15-2012 at 11:18 AM.

The mistake the Jets made was not having this backup who could realistically compete for Marks job day 1. And then getting him a baby sitter in Brunnell year 2 and 3. I think it's to late in the process to get the true competition guy to backup or start. By year 4 if you need someone pushing you then your not the guy to be an NFL QB. Sanchez is younger than your average year 4 starter so he may still be salvageable in this area if he gets the right coaches around him to kick him in the ass and let him know this **** is unexceptable.

All League
    See ya, Plaxico. We're probably stuck with Holmes but I would love to see us go WR early this year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Holmes. He's why Cotchery wanted to leave, the reports that came out right after this season ended were that he couldn't bear to be in the receivers meetings any longer. Other reports were that the week before the Miami game, Sanchez asked all the receivers to meet after practice for extra study time and Santonio was *****ing during it "Man, why I got to be here?". The next meeting he didn't show up for. And we all know what happened during the Miami game...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    asked where the Sanchez stuff is coming from....he said its based on the stuff that happened between the receivers and the QB in the locker room...

is this news to me only? he made it sound like they were bickering for a while. also said locker room had issues all year, but it just got out at the last game...

so ****ing disheartening coming from LT...u know he is not BS'ing
    There you have it from the right source. I knew Sanchez was
    involved in this. said it before and I'll say it again he was not
    getting the ball to his #1 receivers. Did anyone noticed Plax/
    Holmes/Turner/kearly/and LT's reaction when Sanchez missed
    them and they were open. They would throw their hands in
    digust I saw this from Plax and Holmes a lot.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Good job. Let's blame Sanchez for this too. The receivers are *******s -but that must be Sanchez' fault. You people are unbelievable.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Only you would defend a dog like Holmes...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Willie White Shoes View Post
    Good job. Let's blame Sanchez for this too. The receivers are *******s -but that must be Sanchez' fault. You people are unbelievable.
    its a combination of things, one of which is the fact that sanchez frustrated the receivers with his throwing accuracy and decision making which i think we can all agree lacked this year (in huge part due to the OL)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It's called football 101. To have the audactity is simply "anoint" a starter without making him work for it smacks of stupidity. That is clearly Rex Ryan's fault. Besides not staying on the players for the fundamentals of the game, that is Rex's biggest fault.

He genuinely believes that if he just talks up his players they'll go play their A$$es off for him. 100% WRONG.

He needs to keep every single one of his players (and his coaches, for that matter) competing to keep their jobs each and every season. Every season begins they need to compete to get their jobs back. That's what good organizations do to bring out the best in everyone. Sanchez is no exception, in fact, I'd have to say it's the most important spot to hold competition.
    Did Brady work for his spot? He Wally Pipped Bledsoe, rode a defense, kicker, and a tuck rule to a title in 2001 after a mediocre season where he was babied, and then saw Bledsoe traded. Who has pushed him all these years?

Who pushed Eli Manning? Where was his competition these past 7 years? David Carr? That fat guy they had that one year? He hasn't had competition from the day he was drafted.

This QB competition stuff is pure BS. Yes, the Jets need a better back up, but not to give Sanchez competition. They need one in case he is injured so they can win a game or two.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Holmes. He's why Cotchery wanted to leave, the reports that came out right after this season ended were that he couldn't bear to be in the receivers meetings any longer. Other reports were that the week before the Miami game, Sanchez asked all the receivers to meet after practice for extra study time and Santonio was *****ing during it "Man, why I got to be here?". The next meeting he didn't show up for. And we all know what happened during the Miami game...
    Imagine how horrific it must be to be in the same room with Holmes that Cotchery was willing to take a 50% pay cut to get away from him. And Edwards departure probably had to do with him too. The Jets paid a lot for Holmes in many ways and he is so not worth it.

In addition to the WR meeting stories there was that shot on the sidelines in around week 13 or so, after Sanchez had thrown a TD and he was laying into someone there, the camera wasn't showing who it was but it looked like Holmes. So yeah something was rotten in Denmark way back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Willie White Shoes View Post
    Did Brady work for his spot? He Wally Pipped Bledsoe, rode a defense, kicker, and a tuck rule to a title in 2001 after a mediocre season where he was babied, and then saw Bledsoe traded. Who has pushed him all these years?

Who pushed Eli Manning? Where was his competition these past 7 years? David Carr? That fat guy they had that one year? He hasn't had competition from the day he was drafted.

This QB competition stuff is pure BS. Yes, the Jets need a better back up, but not to give Sanchez competition. They need one in case he is injured so they can win a game or two.
    Excellent point the Jets don't make the playoffs in 04 without the 2 wins by Quincy Carter...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Imagine how horrific it must be to be in the same room with Holmes that Cotchery was willing to take a 50% pay cut to get away from him. And Edwards departure probably had to do with him too. The Jets paid a lot for Holmes in many ways and he is so not worth it.
    In addition to the WR meeting stories there was that shot on the sidelines in around week 13 or so, after Sanchez had thrown a TD and he was laying into someone there, the camera wasn't showing who it was but it looked like Holmes. So yeah something was rotten in Denmark way back.
    Yet in the Holmes/Edwards who should we keep poll last off season wasn't Holmes the winner picked by Jet fans??