Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you take a Pats Superbowl win.....

All League

Would you take a Pats Superbowl win.....

If it meant Brady and/or Beli retiring after the season?

In a heartbeat.

Nope.

No more. Especially can't have another since they don't have a clean one yet...

All League
    I think I would prefer a Pats win over a giant win...

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    I think I would prefer a Pats win over a giant win...
    +1

I'll take it with no conditions if it means stopping the Giants and their obnoxious fans from getting another one

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    In a heartbeat.
    Really?

I'd rather see them win a couple more before that happens. Of course, one more makes them both arguably the best ever at their respective positions.

All League
    I would take it in a heartbeat.

They're likely to win it anyway - maybe if they were the underdog's here I would think it about....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    +1

I'll take it with no conditions if it means stopping the Giants and their obnoxious fans from getting another one
    Giants fans have been absolutely unbearable this season. In fact they've been unbearable since Rex was hired.

If the Super Bowl is Giants/Pats, I'd actually root for the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    Really?

I'd rather see them win a couple more before that happens. Of course, one more makes them both arguably the best ever at their respective positions.
    I'd take the bird in hand. If the choice is guaranteed SB win, but BB and/or Brady retire immediately afterwards, I'd much prefer that over the mere possibility of 1 or more SB wins. Such possibilities translate to zero actual titles more often than not.

All Pro
    In a heartbeat.
    Do not.

Really?

*Sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    Do not.

*Sigh*

Oops . . . sorry Poli.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    Giants fans have been absolutely unbearable this season. In fact they've been unbearable since Rex was hired.

If the Super Bowl is Giants/Pats, I'd actually root for the Pats.
    Never thought I'd say it, since I rooted like mad for the Giants in 07 against the Pats, but I agree.

Not a conscious thing, I just realized all of a sudden this week, actually, that I didnt want another Giants SB. Not with this team (who didnt bother to show up half the season putting Coughlins job in jeopardy) and not these fans who do seem to be particularly dooshy this year.

I cant believe I'm actually thinking this.

Banned
    I'd take the bird in hand. If the choice is guaranteed SB win, but BB and/or Brady retire immediately afterwards, I'd much prefer that over the mere possibility of 1 or more SB wins. Such possibilities translate to zero actual titles more often than not.
    See, I guess I enjoy the ride almost as much as the trophies. Too many years of futility to not enjoy the huge success they've had over the last 11 or so years. As much as the 18-1 season ended in disappointment, the road to get there was awe inspiring and a once in a lifetime thing. I'm spoiled now, and want to see several more seasons of dominating the division and high seedings in the playoffs. Once BB and Tom retire, who knows?
    Last edited by GronkWelkhead; 01-19-2012 at 04:25 PM.

All Pro
    Oops . . . sorry Poli.
    I swear.. honest to god. I don't think I'll watch the SuperBowl if it's Pats vs Giants. I can't. Too many awful people in my life on both sides.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Never thought I'd say it, since I rooted like mad for the Giants in 07 against the Pats, but I agree.

Not a conscious thing, I just realized all of a sudden this week, actually, that I didnt want another Giants SB. Not with this team (who didnt bother to show up half the season putting Coughlins job in jeopardy) and not these fans who do seem to be particularly dooshy this year.

I cant believe I'm actually thinking this.

Niners are gonna whoop ass anyway. No worries. Then you can root against the Patsies at the SB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Niners are gonna whoop ass anyway. No worries. Then you can root against the Patsies at the SB.
    We'll see. I'd take a Niners whoopin just to see the Giants fans turn on eachother, Eli and the coach. (Like we do here)

-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    We'll see. I'd take a Niners whoopin just to see the Giants fans turn on eachother, Eli and the coach. (Like we do here)

-
    Actually, if it was just like here, they would consider getting to, and losing the AFCCG a huge success, no?

All Pro
    Actually, if it was just like here, they would consider getting to, and losing the AFCCG a huge success, no?
    Or maybe they could be like Patriot fans and instead of being excited about a big championship game coming up they could hang out on the Cowboys website to poke a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    If it meant Brady and/or Beli retiring after the season?
    Never. Brady'd retire as "best quarterback ever" and Beli'd be put in one line with Lombardi. Never. Never. Never.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    wtf

-