Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Jets want to keep Matt Cavanaugh

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,577

    Jets want to keep Matt Cavanaugh

    Per manish

  2. #2
    Dammit!

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,420
    I just got sick, really.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    Like they wanted to keep Schotty.

    I'll hold on that

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,208
    This might be what they end up doing. May want to keep a familiar face around for Sanchez.

    Still a bad move.

  6. #6
    Why would they keep a guy who is so bad at his job that they had to hire a washed up 41 year old backup QB to do his job for him?

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Why would they keep a guy who is so bad at his job that they had to hire a washed up 41 year old backup QB to do his job for him?
    Huh? That's like saying Brett Farve was the QB coach for Aaron Rodgers. That doesnt make sense

  8. #8
    Holding on to him until daboll is let go

  9. #9
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Holding on to him until daboll is let go
    Lets hope so!!

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,079
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Holding on to him until daboll is let go
    Daboll stinks too.

    What I find more interesting is the internal blame game from the Jets hierarchy.

    Rex admitted that Callahan interviewed for the OC job, so they were obviously willing to keep him.

    So, the only assistants let go/forced out were Schitty and the WR coach. If the Jets keep Cavanaugh, then it would mean that they saw fault in mainly those 2 coaches.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Daboll stinks too.

    What I find more interesting is the internal blame game from the Jets hierarchy.

    Rex admitted that Callahan interviewed for the OC job, so they were obviously willing to keep him.

    So, the only assistants let go/forced out were Schitty and the WR coach. If the Jets keep Cavanaugh, then it would mean that they saw fault in mainly those 2 coaches.
    Well, I heard more people calling for Schotty's head than Cavanaugh's head. So that maybe right.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Big Mistake!

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,208
    If it ends up being true, I think Sanchez had a say in this.

    Has there been any word on Tom Moore? I know he only had a one-year deal but I figured they would make an announcement of his status.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,124
    Are you f****cking kidding me

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,966
    Not really a shock, but it doesn't really make any sense to keep on the guy charged with coaching and developing your Qb who hasn't really developed as you would have hoped.

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    708
    Maybe it's not the coaches fault?

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,124
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Not really a shock, but it doesn't really make any sense to keep on the guy charged with coaching and developing your Qb who hasn't really developed as you would have hoped.
    It's not only that...in principle, if you're going to give him a fresh offense, let him start fresh. Don't have the same smarmy voice in his ear from the dark ages of Schitty ball. No growth is going to happen that way.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Maybe it's not the coaches fault?
    Maybe it's impossible to find out until you eliminate that variable?

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Maybe it's not the coaches fault?
    You know Cavanaugh was the oc for Baltimore for about five years right? He was horrible. They could not score and he could not develop a qb. I believe he also bombed at Pitt.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,830
    Cavanaugh is complacent. We need to bring a legit back-up QB coach to push him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us