Thread: Anthony Spencer?

Banned

Anthony Spencer?

What does everyone think about this acquisition? Could be a great replacement for Bryan Thomas. 27 years old and just entering his prime IMO.

Ties to Rob, and Cowboys might let him walk.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    What does everyone think about this acquisition? Could be a great replacement for Bryan Thomas. 27 years old and just entering his prime IMO.

Ties to Rob, and Cowboys might let him walk.
    I would like him at the right price. I read a scouting report that said he was decent as a pass rusher put very stout against the run.

Veteran
    If its a possibility then they would be fools if they didn't give it a look.

He's the perfect replacement for Thomas and a good compliment to Pace

Make it happen Tanny!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post
    If its a possibility then they would be fools if they didn't give it a look.

He's the perfect replacement for Thomas and a good compliment to Pace

Make it happen Tanny!!
    Yes, they would be foolish not to.

All League
    I picked him up in Madden, and I'd do it in real life too

All Pro
    He does everyting that BT did for us and the only real knock on him is that he isnt a big time pass rusher. Just like BT, he is a good all around player that could definitely start for our defense.

All Pro
    I wouldn't be shocked if we brought back Thomas. I think he'll be pretty cheap to get and we really missed him this year. If he is healthy I am all for offering him a 2 mil a year deal to bring back. At the very least he is good depth. Draft a guy that can cover and let them split time. Then next year when we cut Pace we can look for anther big name LB.

All Pro
    If pace is staying, we need a speed rusher on the other side. That is not thomas or spencers game. Pass.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If pace is staying, we need a speed rusher on the other side. That is not thomas or spencers game. Pass.
    Who do you suggest the Jets sign or draft to replace Bryan Thomas? Or are you comfortable with Westerman?

All Pro
    I havent gotten into the draft yet this year, but I believe there will be a few olb ers that will be there when we draft in round 1. Youth and speed is what we need at that position.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Who do you suggest the Jets sign or draft to replace Bryan Thomas? Or are you comfortable with Westerman?
    I get the feeling that Rex is comfortable with Pace on one side and Westerman/Maybin on the other; just a hunch.

Undrafted Free Agent
    If Manning is brought in, there will be no money for any moves like this. Then again, according to some, the Jets don't need anything except Manning to win the SB. The defense is great, the OL great, and the WRs great. Sanchez is the entire problem with the team, which will justify sinking $30 million a season into a 36 year old QB coming off 3 neck surgeries.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I havent gotten into the draft yet this year, but I believe there will be a few olb ers that will be there when we draft in round 1. Youth and speed is what we need at that position.
    An unproven rookie to make an immediate impact? Jets are trying to win now. Drafting a rookie olb pass rusher is all fine by me. But we need someone on the other side for an immediate impact.