Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ON THE CONF CALL

All League

ON THE CONF CALL

Anyone else on this call?

All Pro
    i am

Undrafted Free Agent
    yeah, I am. They're already two min late.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Here we go.

All League
    Im guessing they will be late and lie the whole time?

Veteran
    Q: ON Draft priority, and going after Matt Flynn to give Sanchez some competish:

Tanny: Finalizing staff first, then we'll look at roster. Staff is priority right now, then assess player needs. Going to put a better product on the field next year than we did this year.

Can't get on the line "due to overwhelming demand".

Yeah, they are screening the calls. Just ass kissers. No tough questions just as I expected. I am hanging up, to pissed off at these 2 to listen to this crap. Blah, Blah Blah. Dude, you lost your locker room one month into the season, not the last 3 games. You had your head up your ass because you are media whore
    Last edited by Sec340; 01-20-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Veteran
    Q: No sacks, opponent getting big chunk plays on 3rd down...what happened?

Rex: Statistically we were similar to what we've been in the past with # of sacks, 3rd down efficiency defense was 2nd in the NFL. There were times when we gave up the big plays, Giants play with 99-yarder was a 3rd and 10 from the one, etc. We gotta look at everything, how we attack the QB and those things we do every off season

Hit *3 to ask a question.

Veteran
    Q: [DANIEL, mildly retarded] Do we address safety, linebacker, or WR?

Tanny [ROLLS EYES]: Those are good ideas. Going to improve depth, look at players across the board. Yadda yadda, what we do on 1st day of FA might not be the most important need, we may use the draft to assess that

Veteran
    Q: [Rich, section 134]: Regarding the media, and reporting on conflict inside locker room. What steps are you going to take to address team unity?

Rex: My strength as a football coach is that teams ive been a part of have been unified. Building a strong locker room, guys that believe in each other, are there for each other. We're taking a hard look at what went wrong this year--I can do a much better job of knowing what the issues are. The locker room is 53 different individuals, but there HAS to be a respect for each other. Guys wont always like each other, but that respect has to be there. To my standards, I have to get better and do a better job of building that team--there are many thing we do, cant wait to get process started.

Practice Squad
    finally a meaningful question about the locker room. and the predictable answer from rex about how one of his strengths is building team unity and he needs to do a better job. he's looking forward to getting that process started.. yada yada yada. zero details. shocking.

Veteran
    Jack: What will Sporano do differently than Schotty?

Rex: Northeast guy, loves to run the football--there's no hiding that. When you look at Miami's receivers this year and their TE, they averaged over 15 YPC, so we're gonna try to throw downfield more, block it up and take more vertical shots. This offense will lead itself to that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    Yeah, they are screening the calls. Just ass kissers. No tough questions just as I expected. I am hanging up, to pissed off at these 2 to listen to this crap. Blah, Blah Blah. Dude, you lost your locker room one month into the season, not the last 3 games. You had your head up your ass because you are media whore
    You're wrong. The ass-kissers are all queued up right behind the ball-lickers.

Practice Squad
    has anyone ever asked tannenbaum a question that he doesn't view as a "great question" ?

Veteran
    Jim: With a new OC coming, is there enough room int he cap to get a good quality OL, a defensive Pass Rush, and somebody to cover the TE?

Tanny: Hallmark of sustainability is to promote and develop from within. Ducasse, Howard, Caleb Shloteroff (SP) from Green Bay. Those guys have a chance to contribute. Ricky Sapp also, natural pass rush ability. We hit on Maybin, out of nowhere. In terms of covering TE, its not a secret that we need this to beat New England. We'll look at this in the off season. Some MUST come from within, some without.

Veteran
    Q: We've gotten pretty below average play from some positions for last couple of years, Safety has been worst. Is Leonhard going to be back, and how do you plan on addressing lack of production from S position..lack of plays, lack of run support.

Tanny: We finished 8-8, where do we fall short--Safety was one of them. I appreciate your initial comments [SPEWS BULLSH*T FOR NEXT 40 SECONDS].

Rex: As far as Leonhard, it was a major injury, he's a quick healer but this is a very serious injury. Time will tell if he's able to come back or not. The production at Safety, our safeties are asked to play several different roles--they're playing almost as LBs at times and other times in man coverage. Our D in last 3 seasons ranked as the premier defense in football, it prob doesnt seem like that cuz we're 8-8, but [REX STARTS TRAILING OFF].

ANNOUNCER: Jets have finished top 5 in overall defense in EACH of Rex's 3 seasons. On the other side of the ball Sanchez threw 26 TDs and ran 6 in.

Veteran
    Q: What are we gonna do with Sanchez. We can't stand another season of him playing like he did.

Tanny: When Rex came in from the Ravens he had a great line. You drafted so well for so many years what was the common thread--we drafted gym rats, guys who love football. The tape sets the floor, the character sets the ceiling--mark watches a lotta tape, he runs sprints sometimes (!), he knows he wasn't good enough this year (paraphrasing), you can't ignore that we're 28-20 with him as a start with road playoff wins vs. Peyton and Brady. We have the right guy and he's gotta get better. Sporano and Cavanaugh have a plan, we're putting a program together. At end of day you've gotta believe in the guy you have and we do.

Rex: With Mark, he can't wait for this season to get started. Neither can I, never can the org. We have a bad taste in our mouth--we were extremely disppointed the first 2 seasons...I see the difference now its even WORSE when we dont make the playoffs. We let ourselves down, and we let our fans down.

SIDENOTE: Rex was speaking from the heart when he said how bad it feels to not make playoffs vs. lose the AFC championship.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Q: We've gotten pretty below average play from some positions for last couple of years, Safety has been worst. Is Leonhard going to be back, and how do you plan on addressing lack of production from S position..lack of plays, lack of run support.

Tanny: We finished 8-8, where do we fall short--Safety was one of them. I appreciate your initial comments [SPEWS BULLSH*T FOR NEXT 40 SECONDS].

Rex: As far as Leonhard, it was a major injury, he's a quick healer but this is a very serious injury. Time will tell if he's able to come back or not. The production at Safety, our safeties are asked to play several different roles--they're playing almost as LBs at times and other times in man coverage. Our D in last 3 seasons ranked as the premier defense in football, it prob doesnt seem like that cuz we're 8-8, but [REX STARTS TRAILING OFF].

ANNOUNCER: Jets have finished top 5 in overall defense in EACH of Rex's 3 seasons. On the other side of the ball Sanchez threw 26 TDs and ran 6 in.
    Rex it isn't the premier D in football...Stats, blah, blah...Not directed at Kotch.

Veteran
    PHILIP: QB is not the problem. What ive been seeing since Braylon left is SS standing a few yards behind the LOS, because nobody runs a deep route. This hurts the running game, etc....are we going to get somebody the other team fears so I can get the SS away from the line of scrimmage?

Rex: Braylon had 2 great seasons for us. He was a tremendous blocker as well as WR. You're right on the safety, I wouldn't disagree that hes' down there to help stop our run. We did produce some more big explosive plays the year before last. We'll look at it.