View Poll Results: Which are we better off with?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • A loss in the AFCCG - but we made it again!

13 26.00%
  • 8-8 that forced changes.

37 74.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver lining: AFCCG or 8-8?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Silver lining: AFCCG or 8-8?

Forget that the Patriots and Giants are playing in the Superbowl. Stop being jealous for 1 minute. Forget that LT is trying to manipulate his way onto the Patriots, or vying for a media position should he retire. Answer this question:

Would you rather have been in the Ravens spot, and lost in the AFCCG with Schotty, with Sanchez, with Plaxico, etc., AGAIN......or have the season turn out the way it has (8-8....no playoffs), and causing Schotty to be gone, Rex admitting his faults, the air to be opened on Sanchez, Holmes, etc., and try and fix what was ailing this team all season?

I don't know what will happen from here on out, but one thing is certain.....I DON'T WANT TO MAKE IT TO AND LOSE IN THE AFCCG OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

So, answer the question. One or the other - NOT a third option.

A loss in the AFCCG again, or 8-8 and changes?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Forget that the Patriots and Giants are playing in the Superbowl. Stop being jealous for 1 minute. Forget that LT is trying to manipulate his way onto the Patriots, or vying for a media position should he retire. Answer this question:

Would you rather have been in the Ravens spot, and lost in the AFCCG with Schotty, with Sanchez, with Plaxico, etc., AGAIN......or have the season turn out the way it has (8-8....no playoffs), and causing Schotty to be gone, Rex admitting his faults, the air to be opened on Sanchez, Holmes, etc., and try and fix what was ailing this team all season?

I don't know what will happen from here on out, but one thing is certain.....I DON'T WANT TO MAKE IT TO AND LOSE IN THE AFCCG OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Sadly, 8-8.

Team was not going to win as constructed.

Banned
    DUMP

Why keep on discussing over and over the situation that exists today. No one can control it and many harsh feelings will come out of this. Give it a rest.

WE ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE WERE.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    DUMP

Why keep on discussing over and over the situation that exists today. No one can control it and many harsh feelings will come out of this. Give it a rest.

WE ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE WERE.
    Would you rather we bash Sanchez, and talk about how right Joe Namath is?

How about we wallow in the shadow of the Giants and Pats?

Trying to spin something to seem like the way it worked out is better than accomplishing what we have accompished over and over again?

You should be banned for pretending to be smart.

Banned
    Would you rather we bash Sanchez, and talk about how right Joe Namath is?
    Instead of what ifs and shoulda coulda woulda ................HELL YES.

You should be banned for continual personal attacks and trolling.

JetsInsider.com Legend

LOL. I'll keep pointing out how stupid certain posts are until a moderator tells me to calm down. Not one time has a moderator told me I'm out of line. I'm not even in the same stratosphere as to the stupidity of the crap that you post on here.

And since you can't figure it out, I'm trying to point out a silver lining in the situation we're in, instead of what you do in pointing out how bad the team is every 5 seconds. I AM looking into the future. You like wallowing in misery, and turning every thread's attention to you.

Yes, it's true. Whatever you post next is an example of that.

Hall Of Fame
    8-8 and changes.

Team needed this season to refocus, reenergize and rebuild.

This team never was going to win the Super Bowl.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. I'll keep pointing out how stupid certain posts are until a moderator tells me to calm down. Not one time has a moderator told me I'm out of line. I'm not even in the same stratosphere as to the stupidity of the crap that you post on here.

And since you can't figure it out, I'm trying to point out a silver lining in the situation we're in, instead of what you do in pointing out how bad the team is every 5 seconds. I AM looking into the future. You like wallowing in misery, and turning every thread's attention to you.

THANK YOU.

Its over. Get over it, GMC.

All League
    Like the company, the poster reminiscent of a US Car industry titan is just bashing the thread to be difficult. Never understood that, if one thinks a thread/poll is a stupid topic, then IGNORE reading it, DON'T POST and P!SS OFF!

Anyways,

while my gut would rather us be in the playoffs, I do feel that Schotty had to go and I'll take 8-8 (a non-losing season, Rex is the only one besides Parcells in first 3 years to do that) if it means we look under the hood and get this team FIXED to make a serious post season run to the SuperBowl. The 2010 Jets was one of the better teams in our team history and we have to find a way to get back to that mark of 11 wins or better to really be contenders. The beauty of the NFL is that every year is a new opportunity - see the 2011 49ers.

All Pro
    Anything short of a super bowl and schotty was gone anyways.

Hall Of Fame
    I wouldn't count on an 8-8 record = making the proper forced changes. We'll find out at opening day of next camp if they actually made the forced changes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    +1000000

I think the Jets needed a season like this to put their ass back in check. The FO has a lot of work to do this offseason and they know it. They know that they are farther from a SB then originally thought. Last season they thought they were a couple of pieces away, let some decent vets go and it cost them. Tanny did a horrible job imo with this roster this season and it showed. His ass will be on the clock this year and he knows it. The whole organization needed some humble pie and they got a face full (especially with the Pats vs. Giants SB). This 8-8 season will make the JETS realize: Now its back to the drawing board, they have to evaluate every position, see what they have to improve on and get the necessary players they need to get back into the playoffs. No more guarantees, no more super bowl predictions in the off season. Its time to stop ****ing around and get back to work. I think Rex knows he has to get better if he wants to keep his job and I believe we will see a different Rex this season (more serious, less joking around). He wants it sooooooo bad and i believe he'll do everything in his power to get us in the SB. But the biggest effect on this seasons meltdown will be how it affects the QB. This team is not going anywhere unless Sanchez takes the next step. He has to be able to LEAD this team, he can't just be part of it. The whole team has to believe that he's the guy and right now they don't, that is the Jets biggest problem. Sanchez will be playing for his starting job this season, that should be enough motivation for him to put everything he's got into this season. This **** will be marinating in his mind till training camp, this mofo should be coming out guns blazing after all the smack talked about him. Evryone thinks he sucks and he knows it, what is he going to do about it??? In the end, I think he wants to prove everyone wrong and that will put a massive chip on his shoulder next season. If you don't see a much improved Sanchez next season I will be shocked and I will be dead wrong bc his career as a Jet will be over. Changes are coming for the Jets, for better or for worse, and I truly believe that this season was necessary for the Jets to take a realistic view of who they are right now...an average team. You can blame schotty all you want fellas, we didn't have the players this year to make a run. I'm not gonna get into the whole roster bc this post is long enough but trust me when I say that this season was a blessing in disguise. Changes need to be made for us to compete with the big dogs and the Jets know it. Time to get back to work.

Veteran

No brainer its the 8-8. In the last year under Mangini, after they lost to the Broncos and were still 8-4, even at that point I told people I was willing to miss the playoffs if it meant Mangini being fired. So much easier to say it now since this time I know the actual outcome is 8-8

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I wouldn't count on an 8-8 record = making the proper forced changes. We'll find out at opening day of next camp if they actually made the forced changes.
    The problems started in the off-season of 2010. Sure we made it to the AFCCG but we couldnt beat Pittsburgh.

So instead of improving this team and adding depth they weakened this team and brought in slugs. Im concerned that if they didnt get the wake up call after losing the AFCCG and addressed the needs and weakneeses then why would they act any different after finishing 8-8. And what will be an improvement over this year 9-7.

Lets look at the Patriots and BB.............in the NFL defenses put a high priority on cover CBs like Revis. So what does BB do he drafts 2 monster TEs has terrible WRs and finds a way to win with them knowing LBs will be covering them and Gronk and Hernandez will crush them all.

As much as it is tempting to "enjoy" the Jets pain right now, especially as a life long Pats fan, I honestly think a healthy Jets/Pats rivalry is a great thing…..

So if 8-8 stops the skid and next year the games are feverish between the two dreams then great!

OK… I am enjoying it a little….

But not in a dick head way.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Jets Fans these days.

Who am I kidding....every day, not just these days.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Sadly, 8-8.

Team was not going to win as constructed.
    Agreed...I feel a little better seeing that most fans agree.

8-8. The holes were obvious in this team all year. We need changes. Plus the bandwagon will be light now.

All Pro

John is a pretty good poster GMC - you may want to take a hint.

Banned
    The problems started in the off-season of 2010. Sure we made it to the AFCCG but we couldnt beat Pittsburgh.

So instead of improving this team and adding depth they weakened this team and brought in slugs. Im concerned that if they didnt get the wake up call after losing the AFCCG and addressed the needs and weakneeses then why would they act any different after finishing 8-8. And what will be an improvement over this year 9-7.

Lets look at the Patriots and BB.............in the NFL defenses put a high priority on cover CBs like Revis. So what does BB do he drafts 2 monster TEs has terrible WRs and finds a way to win with them knowing LBs will be covering them and Gronk and Hernandez will crush them all.
    This is one of the most unintelligent posts I've ever seen coming from you. You're saying that Bellichick has such a top priority for Revis that they drafted two TEs just to avoid him Plus on top of that they have one of the best wide receivers in the game in Wes Welker. How ignorant can you be?

Second, you contradict yourself when you say look at what BB is doing with his team because he's brought in plenty of fossils in his day. Ochocinco, Haynesworth, Shaun Ellis, etc etc.