Thread: DeSean Jackson available ??

All League

DeSean Jackson available ??

Eagles owner Jeff Lurie said earlier this month that the Eagles would welcome wide receiver DeSean Jackson back, "if the right terms develop." But league sources said Jackson's opinion of his worth continues to be night-and-day different from the Eagles'. While Jackson has said he would be willing to get franchised, the Eagles aren't likely to do that.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...#ixzz1krQgFLkF

Hall Of Fame
    yeah, a perfect receiver for a ground and pound offense...how about receivers that dont ***** after every block they are asked to make.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I don't see DeSean ending up with the Jets. I can't see the FO paying another diva WR a lot of money. My guess, he goes to the Panthers. Cam needs more weapons.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    You kiddin right? first Sanchez can't get the dang ball
    to Santonio how do you expect him to get the ball to
    Deshawn, assuming Sanchez is our QB next season.
    Deshawn Jackson's not gonna be a jet anytime soon.
    even though we'd love to have him.

All Pro
    I like DJax but I think he is asking way too much. Someone will give him his money hopefully not us. I am not for paying anther 50 mil to a WR. He has limited ability and is not a physical monster. The concussion thing is also a big concern. It is not like the old days were a WR can have 5-6 concussions and just walk them off. Whether he likes it or not he could be benched for a long time even though he is perfectly healthy. I know I'll be bashed for that comment as is it heartless. I just can't think that if Chrebet played today he would have had a very short career because of that. It is not the injury that concerns me it is the rules around that injury. Good? Bad? IDK you'd have to asked guys like Chrebet if he still thinks it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    You kiddin right? first Sanchez can't get the dang ball
    to Santonio how do you expect him to get the ball to
    Deshawn, assuming Sanchez is our QB next season.
    Deshawn Jackson's not gonna be a jet anytime soon.
    even though we'd love to have him.
    Sanchez had no problem getting Holmes the ball in 2010. Or maybe, Holmes just didn't have the protection provided when Braylon was on the team.

Meanwhile, no on Deshawn. Him and Holmes on the same team with a young QB = failure imo. One diva (Holmes) is enough.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It makes no sense to have two highly paid WR's when you don't have a QB who can get them the ball on a consistent basis and you're preaching a ground and pound philosophy.

If the Jets were going to make a big splash on the offensive side then it should be for someone like Carl Nicks or Matt Forte.

All League
    Thanks for the replies. I agree that he both costs too damn much and that we have too much invested in Holmes who is going to come back. I would much rather use any money for a better OL and someone who can finally put pressure on the passer for the defense

Veteran
    Really, the only way we are going to get anything for holmes is to take somebody elses problem child off their hands. Not specifically refrencing Jackson b/c he is a free agent, but its the type of situations we should be looking at.

Veteran
    Anyone but Braylon.

Hall Of Fame
    The guy is a total dog.

All League
    Holmes 2.0. Would be a terrible fit for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    Holmes 2.0. Would be a terrible fit for us.
    +1

The Jets don't need another midget diva WR who weighs 170 pounds soak and wet wearing boots.

We need a true #1 WR who can stretch the field.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Anyone but Braylon.
    Huh? Please elaborate?

I wouldn't mind having Desean returning punts for the Jets next year.....Westhoff wouldn't be able to hide his erection.

All Pro
    NO TO DESEAN JACKSON FOR THE 1,000,000,000,000,000,000TH TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Does it matter? You need a QB that can actually make the throws.