Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why oh why did we let Braylon walk?

Angry Why oh why did we let Braylon walk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpiZ8vOb7w]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERyHYF8xlWU]

Besides a few drops in his first year, Braylon was an absolute monster.

Look at that second video. That is what's called determination. He took two Pro Bowlers into the end zone on his back. It's about who wants it more, and Braylon Edwards clearly wanted a Super Bowl more than anything. What more can you ask for in a receiver? He is absolutely gifted athletically, and he can go into beast mode in big games. How could we let him walk?

3rd and 22, down in the 4th quarter - He comes up with a circus catch that no WR has any business catching. Look at how pumped he is. That fire spreads to the rest of the team.

This kid was genuinely happy to be here and loved making big catches for us. I don't know if we can say the same about Holmes. Maybe he can change, but as of right now I think Holmes is more interested in money and being on ESPN so he can get more money.

We need Braylon back. He really did make this offense complete.

More Braylon highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5i9cmLcnUs]

All Pro
    Because Tanny refused to see the light.

Hall Of Fame
    isn't he a strike away from a year suspension?

Rookie
    Rex " I have no idea what's going on in my own locker room" Ryan must have figured that Braylon was a distraction and didn't fit the Jets profile when he was arrested for DUI.

Don't worry, the astute Mr. TanneBOMB has Plax "can't go deep" Burress as his replacement.....please don't resign Plax!

All Pro
    Because his play sucked for 3 and a half quarters. Coaches dont like guys that dog out the game no matter what their 4th quarter ability is.

All Pro
    Let me start by saying I want us to bring Braylon back to replace Plax.

That being said, this thread is absolutely INSANE. Braylon did NOTHING this year...do you think its possible the team knew he was hurt and in turn made a great move by not paying a hurt player?

Do you know how much it would have cost to resign him? And what production would we have gotten in return for that money/contract?

I hope his knee is now good. I hope to see him as a jet in 2012. But not signing him last year saved us a lot of money.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Because his play sucked for 3 and a half quarters. Coaches dont like guys that dog out the game no matter what their 4th quarter ability is.
    Do you really watch football?

Practice Squad
    I like Braylon. If he is willing to come on the cheap I say bring him back.

But I think it's clear to see that he is not well liked in NFL circles. The BEST he could do this season was a 1 year $1 mil deal. It's not like the Jets lost him in a bidding war.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OBENjet View Post
    I like Braylon. If he is willing to come on the cheap I say bring him back.

But I think it's clear to see that he is not well liked in NFL circles. The BEST he could do this season was a 1 year $1 mil deal. It's not like the Jets lost him in a bidding war.
    Why cheap?

Pay him his worth. We are wasting $10 mil on Holmes. The 2011 Offense sucked without BE.

Bring Braylon Edwards back!

All Pro

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    What friggin nonsense.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Why cheap?

Pay him his worth. We are wasting $10 mil on Holmes. The 2011 Offense sucked without BE.

Bring Braylon Edwards back!
    Why cheap? Because no one else in the league is willing to give this guy any money and he's coming off a leg injury. Why give him a monster offer when we would be bidding against no one.

Quote Originally Posted by OBENjet View Post
    Why cheap? Because no one else in the league is willing to give this guy any money and he's coming off a leg injury. Why give him a monster offer when we would be bidding against no one.
    No one gave Santonio an offer, either. So, why did we give him $50 million? That wasn't a very good move, considering BE is better.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    isn't he a strike away from a year suspension?
    ergo SantanMEo Holmes

Because we made a HUGE mistake that Tanny needs to rectify asap.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Because we made a HUGE mistake that Tanny needs to rectify asap.
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000

Why the hell do they all keep calling holmes the best player on the roster ... are they all drinking some weird kool aid ... he is a BELOW AVERAGE #1

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    No one gave Santonio an offer, either. So, why did we give him $50 million? That wasn't a very good move, considering BE is better.
    The Santonio situation is irrelevant going into this offseason. I'm saying we should not be giving Braylon big money this year. It would be a dumb move, considering no other offers will be there.

And there was other interest in Santonio. By all accounts, Dan Snyder was trying to lure him to Washington. Braylon is NOT better than Santonio. Santonio suffered this year from lack of a #2 receiver and a poor run game/o-line. I don't like his attitude, but he has better talent than Braylon.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    ergo SantanMEo Holmes
    I don't know what that means, somebody! anybody transelate please
    I thought I knew espanola.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    I don't know what that means, somebody! anybody transelate please
    I thought I knew espanola.
    hahaha ... it means another guy 1 step away from a suspension is SantanMEo Holmes. A Latin word meaning "therefore." Slightly misused in this case for 'Just Like'

Banned
    Cut Holmes,Sanchez,Hunter,Mulligan offense instantly improved.